Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

216bruce

See you found truly Canadian..lol. Bob and Doug are an icon, eh. However I think the next generation are not buying into the Great White North routine which is a shame.

Of course in basketball we are #wethenorth which I think is fabulous.
"Beauty eh! and take off!"

note2001

I have a Rubbermaid tote filled with old LPs from my Grandmother's collection from back when they lived up north. They're guaranteed 100% purchased in Canada, hence Canadian Entertainment. Got some bagpipes, some folk, a bit of religious stuff in there too. I'll donate them to the cause if Disney can dig up a player for the old 33 1/3s.

Last edited:

CeciliaKy

I am not familiar with Reddit, but I can tell you those words of wanting to continue were from the band members themselves, all of the substitutes I spoke with ( 3 to be exact) and two of the full time members. None were happy about having to leave such a great gig. I can certainly understand that one. How many musicians do you know that have a full time gig playing music with a steady paycheck and full time employment benefits including health insurance, and vacation time?? They would be very foolish to terminate a job like that if there was any other choice. Marie
Jason Thomas has been posting similarly on Facebook. I think that would be a very credible source.

I've also seen similar ^^ on another WDW board, posted by someone with close connection to the band.

NiarrNDisney

Wow that was fast of the Mouse to replace Offkilter so quickly! I feel like they used to have a Lumberjack something or other back in the 90's just me?

wannabeBelle

Jason Thomas has been posting similarly on Facebook. I think that would be a very credible source.

I've also seen similar ^^ on another WDW board, posted by someone with close connection to the band.
Jason is one of the two full time band members I was referring to. I am completely confident that they still wanted this gig. Marie

CeciliaKy

Jason is one of the two full time band members I was referring to. I am completely confident that they still wanted this gig. Marie
I have complete confidence in your info, Marie :D

One of my favorite parts of the video was Jason taking all the pics with his phone, just soaking it all in.

But this thread is about the lumberjacks. So, yeah ... LOL

doctornick

I think you probably hit the nail on the head there. I mean sure, I might stop and bop along for five or ten minutes to a band - but I also acknowledge what they are, temporary entertainment. I'm not a local, so I'm not showing up to shows as part of my Friday night routine.

Instead, I'm looking for a bit of ambiance as I tour the Canadian pavilion, and if it happens to be between showtimes, I likely wouldn't swing back by. I can bet that most visitors fall in my camp. The shows enhance the world, and if they are truly, truly bad there will be backlash, but otherwise it will be considered personal taste as to whether you stand and watch or move on.

I have no problem with Epcot having cuts of longstanding entertainment to allow for a change in the line-up. Maybe I'll eat my words if it turns out these lumberjacks are some awful act that is just so beyond my wildest dreams of terrible. Likely I won't. I'll fall into a camp of, "it wasn't for me," or, "yes, I watched the whole show."

This pretty much describes me. I don't seek out or plan to watch WS entertainment. I walk around the pavilion and if something is going on, I might sit and watch. This lumberjack show doesn't particular peak my interest, but I'd still give it a shot if it's going own when I'm around. And, honestly, looking at the video it seems moderately amusing and certainly distinct from other WS offerings -- which is a good thing in terms of offering guests a variety of options for entertainment.

I_heart_Tigger

They did not know they were being terminated until literally the night I posted this and would have continued happily performing at EPCOT for years to come. They absolutely wanted to be saved, but Disney wasn't budging on this one at all. They certainly were not ready to hang up the kilts and the band is every bit as devastated at the fans are. It is heartbreaking. Marie

I can back Marie up here. As soon as I heard I called one of the guys. He was gutted and couldn't even talk about it. His wife was almost in tears. I spoke with her yesterday and she said that they are still in shock and that it's surreal to think that he won't be back on that stage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom