Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

Phil12

I'm standing in Norway and can hear chainsaws across the lagoon. Completely ruins the experience for me over here. And I haven't actually "seen" the show. Heard, yes. Seen, no.
If they wanted to be realistic in Norway they'd have the sounds of huge timber trucks roaring in the background. The forestry industry in Norway is one of the largest export commodities in the country and is a major source of income for the Norwegian economy. Take a look at a Norwegian chainsaw:

And look at all the snow. That place sure looks frozen!

Nubs70

If they wanted to be realistic in Norway they'd have the sounds of huge timber trucks roaring in the background. The forestry industry in Norway is one of the largest export commodities in the country and is a major source of income for the Norwegian economy. Take a look at a Norwegian chainsaw:

And look at all the snow. That place sure looks frozen!

That's a feller/buncher at the beginning the video. Nothing scarier than coming up on a fully loaded oncoming log truck. You should see what a fully loaded log truck does to a deer. The deer explodes.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That's a feller/buncher at the beginning the video. Nothing scarier than coming up on a fully loaded oncoming log truck. You should see what a fully loaded log truck does to a deer. The deer explodes.

They do indeed - the big dark splotches on the Maine Turnpike are where deer have encountered 18 wheelers doing 80 MPH, The truck needs a wash and the deer is a greasy patch on the road.

Nubs70

They do indeed - the big dark splotches on the Maine Turnpike are where deer have encountered 18 wheelers doing 80 MPH, The truck needs a wash and the deer is a greasy patch on the road.
The turnpike is nothing. You need to get about an hour north of Bangor around the Lincoln/Millinocket area. Those log trucks run in excess of 100,000 lbs. Scarier yet is the Golden Road, a private road a car and half wide where they run trucks in excess of 300,000 lbs.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The turnpike is nothing. You need to get about an hour north of Bangor around the Lincoln/Millinocket area. Those log trucks run in excess of 100,000 lbs. Scarier yet is the Golden Road, a private road a car and half wide where they run trucks in excess of 300,000 lbs.

I've been on BOTH of those roads - get out of the way is the way to stay alive.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've been on BOTH of those roads - get out of the way is the way to stay alive.

The logging trucks have the right of way; others are supposed to pull over to the right and allow them extra room when they pass by. They usually honk and wave hello to you, when you respect the road rules up on the Golden Road and all other logging roads up in the Allagash Wilderness. (Sometimes, they drive very fast down those roads, so you have to keep an eye out, as there are some blind corners in certain areas.)

It's a scenic area and fun to drive through, especially during fall foliage. (Haven't been up there in years, but I have fond memories of that area.) :)

Nubs70

The logging trucks have the right of way; others are supposed to pull over to the right and allow them extra room when they pass by. They usually honk and wave hello to you, when you respect the road rules up on the Golden Road and all other logging roads up in the Allagash Wilderness. (Sometimes, they drive very fast down those roads, so you have to keep an eye out, as there are some blind corners in certain areas.)

It's a scenic area and fun to drive through, especially during fall foliage. (Haven't been up there in years, but I have fond memories of that area.) :)
Dang right they have the right of way. Still can scare the scrap out of you even though you follow the rules. Spent a few years up there in the mills but they are shut down now. A friend just sold a 4 bed 2.5 bath 2700 sqft house for $8,000. And no I did not miss the decimal point. So if you want a nice, cheap summer home, that is the place.

TimeTrip

Too bad the lead singer left Mo'Rockin a few years back, when I watched their last show (1st time without him) it was more like the belly dancer show and her backup band (not that that's a bad thing, but it reached a point where it seemed like her belly had run out of dances to do) ...the music was still good but not as amazing as it was when lead singer Amir Ali's voice set it apart from the belly dancer.
Right there with ya. The departure of Amir Ali was a huge blow.

raymusiccity

Yikes, I wondered about that.

Nothing like a stroll around the lagoon listening to the pleasant sound of ... chainsaws.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

We need to invoke some ADA measures and have people suffering from Misophonia file a complaint against this noise pollution! :arghh:

Diznyfan

I was there this past weekend for F&W, and stopped at the Canada kiosk for some food. They have some tables around that area that you can stand at to eat, and it just so happened to be during one of the lumberjack shows. Hearing the sounds of chainsaws while you eat doesn't do much for the ambiance, I can stay at home and hear that same sound for free...

Rutt

I, for one, would watch a show if they were log rolling. That is a skill. Plus, it's in Florida, so if they fall of the log, they get a cool down in the tank of water!
I wouldn't mind the show if they just got rid of the chainsaws. Adding the rolling would make it pretty awesome though.
Disney should have taken a lesson from these guys...

They could add something like this in a new theater, fast pass it, and I think I would become an instant hit and make Canada a cant miss. Thank goodness for Le Cellier or thered really be no reason to go there. I say this as a Canadian....

DougK

I wouldn't mind the show if they just got rid of the chainsaws. Adding the rolling would make it pretty awesome though.

They could add something like this in a new theater, fast pass it, and I think I would become an instant hit and make Canada a cant miss. Thank goodness for Le Cellier or thered really be no reason to go there. I say this as a Canadian....

No, to say it as a Canadian you would say "Thank goodness for Le Cellier, eh?".

KeeKee

It is still beyond all reason why anyone in TDO would think that seeing someone do what is essentially yard work is more pleasant than listening to a band. WDW is supposed to be an escape from reality; a light-hearted fun time to relax - not to be reminded I need to do my chores. I can listen to chainsaws and power tools anytime at home, the neighborhood is full of them. This is a time to get away from all of that.

Come on, TDO, admit your glaring mistake and get on with it.

NearTheEars

Saw the show for the first time today. It was OK, but the guys are certainly lacking some showmanship.

I think what really handicaps this show is being stuck up on such a small stage. There isn't much room to move around.

IMO this will be good for a non-regular guest to EPCOT, but it doesn't seem to have much rewatchability (is that a word?) for a local or frequent guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom