Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

Mike S

yes but Celtic rock never made that move to mainstream like country did other than a few one off hits. If we want to show off Canadian music today we are best served looking at contemporary Canadian bands that have made it big in Canada like

The Tragically Hip
54-40
Loverboy
Tom Cochrane
Men Without Hats
The Rankin Family
The Northern Pikes
Mathew Good Band
Sam Roberts
Corey Hart

and Canadian bands that have conquered Canada and the rest of the world like
Rush
Alanis Morissette
Bare naked ladies
Bryan Adams
Daniel Lanois

Celine Dion and Justin Bieber should be conveniently forgotten

The list is huge

I mean lets face it The United Kingdom Pavilion where Scottish music and bagpipes would be right at home, plays British rock music, why can't we have a show like that.
I would watch every show if there was a band that covered Rush.

Kevin_W

Sorry to threadjack, but do we know when the other entertainment acts will be starting? Of the 4 they announced, I was pretty interested in the other 3. (I just saw a lumberjack show at a local farm festival last weekend. It was okay, but not something I'm needing to go to Epcot to do.)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry to threadjack, but do we know when the other entertainment acts will be starting? Of the 4 they announced, I was pretty interested in the other 3. (I just saw a lumberjack show at a local farm festival last weekend. It was okay, but not something I'm needing to go to Epcot to do.)
No word yet on the others.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

If the #FAIL is as great with the other acts the fabric of the universe will tear... And the Doctor will need to put it right.

note2001

I'm a bit lost as to how chainsaws fit in with a lumberjack show. Particularly a "Canadian" one.

Yes, Canada does consider the lumberjack trade to be a big part of their history. Key word: history. They did not have chainsaws when felling those 4 foot diameter trees back in the 1900s. They had skill. Zipping slices off of a soft 1 foot diameter, bark peeled, pine log is not being a lumberjack. It's a demonstration of a tool, and not even a good one. If this is to be a Canadian show, please drop the idiot gag stuff and do some serious skill demonstrations. Log rolling is at the top of the list of things I want to see. Attach a shop with an authentic Canadian artisan crafting something from the wood. Make it an area worthy of Disney, our time and our money.

arko

I'm a bit lost as to how chainsaws fit in with a lumberjack show. Particularly a "Canadian" one.

Yes, Canada does consider the lumberjack trade to be a big part of their history. Key word: history. They did not have chainsaws when felling those 4 foot diameter trees back in the 1900s. They had skill. Zipping slices off of a soft 1 foot diameter, bark peeled, pine log is not being a lumberjack. It's a demonstration of a tool, and not even a good one. If this is to be a Canadian show, please drop the idiot gag stuff and do some serious skill demonstrations. Log rolling is at the top of the list of things I want to see. Attach a shop with an authentic Canadian artisan crafting something from the wood. Make it an area worthy of Disney, our time and our money.

note2001

Per OTPN
"Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro" Debuts Today at Epcot
Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro will perform daily in the courtyard of the Italy pavilion. Show times are 11:20 a.m., 12:10, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:20 and 5 p.m.

dreamfinder

That would have required preplanning and money on WDWs part to build a proper set. Its obvious they weren't interested in doing either.

Ehh, looks like Paul Bunyan and his crew have a semi-portable setup they can bring along with them, at least some of their pictures at other locales have log rolling. I think that plywood and a trashbag liner looks really out of place at WDW however.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom