Can you still stay after the 9PM Fan! to watch fireworks?

The_Bellringer

Original Poster
Since Fantasmic is back to 3 shows a night will they allow you to stay after the first showing at 9 to watch the fireworks from the Rivers at 9:30?

Or do they shuffle everyone out?

oo_nrb

The cast will actually highly encourage you to stay, as a means of avoiding more people crunching over onto Main Street. The sweep-out of the reserved areas of Fantasmic! occurs after the fireworks conclude.

The_Bellringer

Original Poster
The cast will actually highly encourage you to stay, as a means of avoiding more people crunching over onto Main Street. The sweep-out of the reserved areas of Fantasmic! occurs after the fireworks conclude.
Aw this makes perfect sense. Thanks!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was there on the 17th of July to watch the first show of Fantasmic and cast members encouraged us to stay a couple times before Fantasmic started and there was an announcement made as well encouraging people to watch Fantasmic from the Rivers area. Personally I think that area is a great place to watch fireworks. We had also been in Disneyland on July 12 and we were in New Orleans Square when the fireworks were due to go off so we watched it from there, it was nice with a lower crowd, they also put projections on screens that night to go along with the fireworks (they did that on the 17th too).

The_Bellringer

Original Poster
I was there on the 17th of July to watch the first show of Fantasmic and cast members encouraged us to stay a couple times before Fantasmic started and there was an announcement made as well encouraging people to watch Fantasmic from the Rivers area. Personally I think that area is a great place to watch fireworks. We had also been in Disneyland on July 12 and we were in New Orleans Square when the fireworks were due to go off so we watched it from there, it was nice with a lower crowd, they also put projections on screens that night to go along with the fireworks (they did that on the 17th too).
How is the view of the fireworks from the reserved dining sections?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
How is the view of the fireworks from the reserved dining sections?

We had the Blue Bayou package. We did not do the premium that included the Main Street Electrical Parade viewing, but we were still given a seat cushion which was nice. We arrived a little after 8 pm to get a spot. I didn't want to be along the railing because that hinders the view but we were just a little bit back so we could see over the rail and almost dead center in front of the island. The view was great and they did not pack us into the section. I had room to fully stretch out my legs in front of me. I don't know how the viewing was from the River Belle, or honestly if they separated us out, they probably did. I did notice the Hungry Bear section, and I was so glad we didn't settle for that. They were all standing and packed into a section. I would have been very disappointed. I also noticed that they stood from the time they got there until the show was done. And that section was packed in when we got there at 8pm.

Here is our view (just slightly zoomed in and raised up above the people in front of us, but the camera was still in front of me so I wouldn't be bothering others too much behind us with it.).
IMG_2857.JPG

Curious Constance

By the way, in Disneygeek's latest update, he mentioned that the screen above the building on the island comes up about an hour before showtime, so it's not there all day long.

George Lucas on a Bench

By the way, in Disneygeek's latest update, he mentioned that the screen above the building on the island comes up about an hour before showtime, so it's not there all day long.

There's a giant hedge that comes up when the watercraft departs from the dock in NOS. From what I could see, a bunch of other stuff appears around that time to seemingly block the view of preparations on the island. It's horrid show.

Phroobar

There's a giant hedge that comes up when the watercraft departs from the dock in NOS. From what I could see, a bunch of other stuff appears around that time to seemingly block the view of preparations on the island. It's horrid show.
Like the show hasn't been playing nightly for your entire life. It's not a new thing.

BAChicagoGal

I saw the fireworks from the Cafe Orleans Fantasmic section last Friday night. That was the area right in front of RiverBell Terrace. It was really great. They even provide projections on the water. They are the same projections that are on the castle. The only thing missing of course, is Tinker Bell, and the castle.

Jedi Stitch

Three showings of Fantasmic? Three?

Three?
I remember when there was just one, and you had to enjoy it. To get a spot you had to stake out a spot on the grass 3 hours before show, a seat at least 2 and a non-blocked standing view, 90 minutes prior to show time. Now three shows and ADR FP+ sections. Makes it easy or something. Funny how Disney figures out ways to get more for people and some extra cash in the process.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom