Can you put fastpass + reservations on mickeys Halloween party tickets

jody31

Original Poster
I am attempting to make fastpass + reservations for my Disney vacation
I'm staying in The Swan mid September ,and the 60 day advance window opens tomorrow so I'd like to make them tomorrow ; but I don't think I can so I'd like any advice which might help me
I have Swan Hotel reservations so I have the reservation codes , but I don't have WDW tickets yet because I live in the UK and booked through Virgin Holidays , I've bought Disney tickets through them but you just get issued Coupons which you get sent 32 days before your vacation so I can't link tickets yet
However ,I have Mickeys not so scary Halloween tickets ,would be possible to link my vacation to those tickets and put fastpass+ advance reservations on those

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yes, you can make fastpasses for the day you have MNSSHP tickets. The times will need to be between 4-7 pm (since you can't be admitted to MK until 4 pm, and when the party "officially" starts at 7 pm there will be no more fastpasses for that day.)

You will have to wait until your regular tickets are linked before you can make fastpasses for your other days.

Tom

Beta Return
To be clear, no, you cannot book FP+ using the actual party ticket, only park admission tickets.

Once you link your park tickets to your MDE account, you'll be able to book FP+ for your trip. And as @Tuvalu said, you can book your FP+ for the evening for that day if you want to use them during the party. But you would have to enter the parks that day using your general admission, so your FP's activate. Entering with your party ticket would not tell the system that you're eligible for FP+ since they're unrelated.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks for the clarification @Tom. I have read of others with party tickets making FPs for between 4-7 pm, but I did not realize it was due to having regular park tickets too.

AndrewsJ

To be clear, no, you cannot book FP+ using the actual party ticket, only park admission tickets.

Once you link your park tickets to your MDE account, you'll be able to book FP+ for your trip. And as @Tuvalu said, you can book your FP+ for the evening for that day if you want to use them during the party. But you would have to enter the parks that day using your general admission, so your FP's activate. Entering with your party ticket would not tell the system that you're eligible for FP+ since they're unrelated.
Are you sure about this? I think you can make FP+ selections between 4pm and 7pm for the day of the party with a party ticket but of course not for the entire trip. I may be reading into this wrong though. FP is not available from 7pm until close during the party. I apologize in advance if I am misreading your post.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Thanks for the clarification @Tom. I have read of others with party tickets making FPs for between 4-7 pm, but I did not realize it was due to having regular park tickets too.

Maybe I'm misreading too and Tom is usually correct, but no you actually can with only a party ticket. I know quite a few people that have done this and had no regular tickets linked, they just bought a party ticket and had no regular tickets or AP's that came in only for the parties etc and entered at 4pm or later. A party ticket will allow you to make FP's from 4pm-7pm at 30 days out if staying off property and 60 days out if on property. ;)

rct247

Technically, party tickets can make Fastpass+ selections, but there are a few hurdles:
1. You have to make them between 4pm and 7pm. Fastpass kiosks also close an hour before park close or 6pm in this case. So really you are limited to 1 or 2 at best.
2. You need to have plastic media. Some event ticketed Guests arrive with paper tickets which are scanned quickly to get through the rush but as a result you have no RFID media to touch to the kiosks or to the touch points.

Personally, don't worry about it. Do the attractionsame that won't be open for the event from 4pm to 7pm and then do the others with shorter waits later in the evening. The last hour of the events are usually dead with most attractions being walk on. Seven Dwarfs was even down to a manageable 30mins!

mgpan

Yes, you can make those fastpass selections with only your party ticket that you can use during 4-7, during the three hours that you haven't actually paid for and aren't "officially" part of the party, but that Disney's let's you have apparently. You know, the same 4-7 timeframe during which day guests that paid for the 4-7 timeframe would like a fastpass (before they are politely asked to leave after being reminded on park speakers since 5 to do so), thereby reducing fastpass availability and increasing wait times for those people.

Not sure why i don't get in at 6 a.m. with fastpass availability with my regular ticket on a day the park opens at 9 a.m? There's always a huge crowd trying to get in at rope drop too. I think i also heard that party goers get a free plush, a meal, $500 spending cash and can throw banana cream pies in day guests faces as they enter the park.

Can you tell i hate party times, which are also during fall break, one of the few times we can go? At least they aren't closing the park for the party at 4.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom