Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
Going with kids ages 7, 5 and 22 months. Have parkhoppers

Staying at AoA
Plans so far:
Arrival - going to MK after check in
Day 1: MNSSHP
Day 2: Epcot
Day 3: MK in morning/ Disney Springs evening? Not sure if I should go to Disney Springs or just stay at MK whole time
Day 4: HS in morning, need somewhere else to go in evening - MK closes at 7pm so not sure if it's worth to go there
Departure Day: AK in morning. Be back at resort by 2pm

Thoughts?

Thanks!

belledream

For Day 3, maybe just make a judgment call on whether or not you're through with Magic Kingdom for the day. If you are, you can head to Disney Springs if there's something there that interests you, or to save time and energy traveling, just hang around the MK resort area for the evening. Explore Contemporary, relax on Polynesian beach, go listen to the band at Grand Floridian.

For Day 4, you could always boat (or walk) over to Boardwalk after you're done with Hollywood Studios. Grab ice cream at Ample Hills, enjoy the scenery, pop into Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach Club. There's also minigolf at Fantasia Gardens near Swan & Dolphin Resort.

There's lots to do!

Victaman

I suppose Day 3, on whether to go to Disney Springs or stay at MK, would depend on how much you got done on the first day you were there during the party.

On Day 4 I'm going to show my bias but my wife and I love AK so I would go there instead and spend the day. We find there is plenty to do and then in the evening you could see the Pandora area when it's lit up. Of course, staying in one park per day would negate the need for the park hopping feature on your tickets, but then you already have them.

Then, on Departure day, you could do your HS morning.

SteamboatJoe

I don't know how one spends an entire day at DS, especially if you plan on shopping in the parks and already live by a decent shopping center and nice some restaurants. Personally I would plan on only being there half a day but I am not a shopper and try to spend as much time in the parks as I can.

I don't have children but Epcot all day with kids that young seems like it could potentially be challenging unless you plan on doing alot of meet and greets and the princess meal in Norway. Alot of that probably depends on the individual kid and whether or not you are going to try to do some of the attractions they may be too little for.

Exploring the resorts, especially the monorail resorts, is a great, underrated non-park activity but you won't be able to get into some of the pools if you aren't staying at that resort. It does give you the opportunity to go to some of the stores and restaurants unique to those properties.

You may need more time at AK, especially if your kids like zoos. Most of the attractions are kid friendly (I can't speak for Pandora).

21stamps

Are any of the kids doing JTA? If so, you might stay at HS longer than you think. Especially if you want to see the shows and meet a few characters.

Epcot is the only one that I think you might not spend a full day at.. maybe split Epcot and HS one day, do a full AK day, and then Epcot again on last morning?

We loved the street entertainment and the Carnival at AK. We care less about the animals. I know that's different than most here..but seriously Africa alone could take up most of our day.

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
Are any of the kids doing JTA? If so, you might stay at HS longer than you think. Especially if you want to see the shows and meet a few characters.

Epcot is the only one that I think you might not spend a full day at.. maybe split Epcot and HS one day, do a full AK day, and then Epcot again on last morning?

We loved the street entertainment and the Carnival at AK. We care less about the animals. I know that's different than most here..but seriously Africa alone could take up most of our day.

No they aren't doing JTA so that's why thinking HS may be a half day park for us.

Zipadeelady

On Day 3 I would go back to the resort and have pool time after MK. As a parent this is hard because we want to be on the go and get our money's worth but I have learned that the kids want to swim more than anything.

I've had more than one trip where my son begged to swim the whole time and all I could think was i spent $4,000 so my kids could swim. :eek:

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
On Day 3 I would go back to the resort and have pool time after MK. As a parent this is hard because we want to be on the go and get our money's worth but I have learned that the kids want to swim more than anything.

I've had more than one trip where my son begged to swim the whole time and all I could think was i spent $4,000 so my kids could swim. :eek:

Yes! We will be enjoying the resort/pool time on day 1 and doing MNSSHP at night.

21stamps

I've had two trips that way...and I've wondered the same. Lol

DiSnEyF@n

Yes to swimming! I am taking my 3 year old (just a mommy and me trip) in a couple weeks. We're going for 4 nights. I only bought a 2 day ticket... MK first day, swimming all day second day and Epcot last day. I can't wait and I KNOW that she'll love swimming. I can't wait to spend QT with her!

Foltzy

I think day 3 would just be a big judgement call at the moment. If your kids are having a blast I'd say stay but if they looked tired out maybe check out Disney springs.
Day 3 nighttime or day 4 nighttime you might want to check out AK. The safaris are a ride that can be experienced repeatedly or you can check out pandora at night. I think kids could be fascinated by the lights and stuff.
Have a good trip!

Driver

We always enjoy some Disney Springs time. We do prefer it later in the day when things start to cool down. There is something there for all ages lots of entertainment. We like to listen to the music from the various performers (every night). Go see the "human statues" and take pics with them. And all the foods that are available. Often they have special entertainment on the main stage. That is scheduled and can be checked in advance.

KBLovedDisney

Skip Disney Springs. It is a mall, and an expensive one at that. Not that interesting for three small kids. Get some extra park time in! (DHS and DAK are fun parks too!)
I have to disagree on skipping the entire Disney Springs. Just visit the Lego Store (where they can build their own Lego sets and what not) and the World of Disney store (where Princesses can look at all of the sparkly dresses, crowns, etc.). The kids and yourself might like those.

(However, the rest of it is basically an expensive outlet mall as @The Empress Lilly stated.)

thomas998

Going with kids ages 7, 5 and 22 months. Have parkhoppers

Staying at AoA
Plans so far:
Arrival - going to MK after check in
Day 1: MNSSHP
Day 2: Epcot
Day 3: MK in morning/ Disney Springs evening? Not sure if I should go to Disney Springs or just stay at MK whole time
Day 4: HS in morning, need somewhere else to go in evening - MK closes at 7pm so not sure if it's worth to go there
Departure Day: AK in morning. Be back at resort by 2pm

Thoughts?

Thanks!
If the goal of the trip is kids enjoyment then I'm not sure I would put Epcot on a full day for day 2. AK might to start with on day two and if you burn out mid afternoon go back and hit MK that evening. Now your Day 3 could start with Epcot or HS, before finishing with the other of those two.... Giving you all of Day 4 to go revisit whatever park you really liked, and then your departure day you hit the place that has everyone's favorite ride to close it all out.

Other thing to consider is when are you arriving... morning or afternoon and will it be from a long tiring trip or not... I ask that because you've got small kids that may or may not be fun taking to a park after a long trip, and may or may not need some downtime before you hit the MNSSHP on Day 1... I might make sure people were well rested before doing the Halloween party because with small kids you want to make sure they are awake for the things that happen later on and don't end up asleep or cranky before the night is done.

thomas998

Skip Disney Springs. It is a mall, and an expensive one at that. Not that interesting for three small kids. Get some extra park time in! (DHS and DAK are fun parks too!)
Would agree, especially with 3 kids. If you go to Disney Springs you might need to have your kids on leashes because in some of the stores it is very easy to get separated from your kids and even hard to find them if they decide its a good time to play hide and seek.

Of course it also depends on what your goal is at DS... if your looking for souvenirs then just hit the Disney Shops on the east side, or if you want more of a bargain go to one of the outlet malls outside Disney where you can find a Disney Outlet that might fulfill your souvenir needs at a much lower price point.

Considering you've got 3 small kids I can't imagine your goal was the night club scene, nor that you are looking for a good place to eat because most of the place at DS aren't ideal for a family with small kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom