Can YOu Add the Dining Plan?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
We have already booked our vacation and made some dining reservations, but now we are thinking we should have gotten the dining plan. Can it still be added? If so when is the last moment you can add it? Can you add it when you check in too? Thanks!

dandaman

While I'm not sure about the actual plan addition, I don't think there would be an issue regarding the current reservations; from what I recall, you simply present your room key when the waiter comes around the first time, say you're on the plan, and the rest takes care of itself.

ypcat

Is your reservation room only or a room and ticket package? If you have a package, there should be no problem adding it before you arrive. But if you have a room only, you will have to change your reservation to a package. If you already bought tickets seperately, you will still have to buy at least a 1 day ticket for everyone in your party.

Tiggerfanatic

When I booked our trip 2 years ago, it was through AAA and I told the agent at the time I didn't want the Dining Plan. Then, I found this site and did a little research and figured out it was a pretty good deal. Went back to AAA a month later, and added it on to my package with no problem.

JPVonDrake

To clarify...

The dine plan is NOT sold separately but must be purchased as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company Vacation Package or Disney Vacation Club Vacation Package.

If you are a DVC member, you would book a DVC Points Dine Package through member services. This package includes a stay at a DVC Owned Resort (booked using points) plus the Disney Dining Package for everyone in the room for the entire length of stay. You must book or upgrade to this package at least 3 days prior to arrival.

If you are an Annual Passholder you would book a Passholder Dine Package directly with Disney or through your Travel Agent. This package includes a stay at a Disney Owned Resort (with or without a passholder discount) plus the Disney Dining Package for everyone in the room for the entire length of stay. You must book or upgrade to this package at least 3 days prior to arrival.

If you are neither, you would need to book a Magic Your Way Plus Dine Package, again directly with Disney or through your Travel Agent. This package includes a stay at a Disney Owned Resort, a Magic Your Way Ticket for everyone in the room, plus the Disney Dining Package for everyone in the room for the entire length of stay. You must book or upgrade to this package at least 3 days prior to arrival.

If you already booked a Room-Only Reservation, you would need to be rebooked as one of the above packages. The room category you have booked can be transferred to the package, however any discount you may have used on the room-only may or may not be available with a package. Also any deposits or payments you have made with a credit card will NOT be able to be transferred. You would need to post a new deposit (or make full payment if within 45 days of arrival) for your package and the funds from your Room-Only Reservation will be refunded back to your original credit card.

If you already have tickets, but want to book the Magic Your Way Plus Dine Package, you would need to re-purchase at least a 1 Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket for everyone in the room as part of this package. If you existing tickets are unused, you may be able to contact WDW Ticket Services to be refunded for your separately purchased tickets by providing your new Package reservation number and returning the unused tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom