Pre-Trip Can we pull this off again? PTR

Hello hello!! Most of ya know me from my last 2 trip reports.. Sept 2012 and August 2011.. if ya don't..go ahead..go read those 2 reports..I'll wait for ya to return!

ok done reading? Do ya know who we are? Ok if you're lazy (like I can be) and don't wanna go read them ( are ya nuts..they are good..I promise.. One full of rain and drama and one..well one full of fun!) then here's who we are:

Alison~37..mom to 4 awesome kids..(1 is Noah..who is now 18 and will NOT be joining us on this next trip). I homeschool the 3 youngest ( eldest is graduated).. I work for the family owned Dance Studio as well as driving the 3 youngest around to the 10000 activities they do. I no longer bartend (YEPPIE!!) so I have way more time for bon bons and talk shows of course!(@@)

Eric~40.. a total Disney convert.. didn't want to go in 2011.. couldn't wait to get there in 2012 and is the one that booked 2013..LOL. He works his bum off to get us there..especially for this coming trip since I am no longer working a 2nd job.

Declan~will be 11 in Feb.. loved being a "MAN" ( aka Disney adult) this past trip..and he apparently likes eating Garbage cans in Epcot..don't ask..go read the Sept 2012 TR..go! He dances ( hip hop) and plays basketball and baseball along with does an all boys cooking class and is a stellar student ( pretty sure he's gonna be teaching me by next year). Declan is an OCD pin trader and loves everything Disney! Stitch is his favorite!

Jadziah~ the lone girl ~ she will be 9 on the 28th ( 6 whole days away!).. she's also an amazing athlete who has been known to play baseball ( yes..not softball ) and basketball. She's taking the year off hoops to try Cheerleading.. she's a natural with her 6 years of dance and 4 years of acrobatics training! She hates meeting characters if that requires waiting but loves Disney..just not lines..or the heat..or or...lol. Not sure she has a favorite..but if I had to pick I'd say Daisy Duck..but she will NOT wait in a line to see her..nope..not gonna happen!

Taejan~Turned 7 right before this years trip. The boy of many faces ( again..go read the TR's.. August 2011 has some great shots of him in full meltdown mode).. he's a very difficult child but also the light of my life. He has boundless energy, plays Basketball, baseball and sometimes soccer. He's an olympic's bound gymnast( ask him..he'll tell ya)..it's the only thing he focuses on for more than 2 minutes..he's good.. he also does acrobatics at our dance studio. Chip and Dale are his top characters!

Here we are just a few weeks ago in Epcot:
Photo0047FourBySix_zpsf71a633f.jpg

So the logistics eh? We have Sept 14-26th booked with free dining..did this via a bounceback while we were at POFQ in Sept. We chose PORs for the fact we can stay in ONE room. ONE! Now we have booked 2 the last 2 trips as we had 8 and then 7 people. Needless to say these trips cost $$$$.. this trip is half the price as the one we just took...and thats WITH Hoppers and Water Parks and more!

Last trip we did 3 nights prior to the package..( if ya wanna know where..go read the tr!) this time we are not doing that.. we spent too much money on food over those 3 days.. so this trip is 12 nights of the package not 10. we will likely add one night at the same DTD hotel..but who knows!

So why are we traveling with just 5 you ask ( I heard someone I know I did)?

Well Noah and his girlfriend are expecting a baby in Feb. It's a ROCKY road..has not been a fun experience..too much stress to even imagine..but ANYWAY..so he will not be joining us!

And now here comes the major daughter guilt..my mom is not invited. I feel bad..I do.. but #1..she def had issues keeping up this trip ..but that's not even why really. #2 which is really #1.. we only need ONE room without her...one..so it's invite her and not go for 2-3 years ( due to that whole me not working that job I hated) or take ONE trip just the 5 of us.. no add ons..no paying for anyone but us ( we covered all but my moms airfare). So I have some guilt..but ultimately..I cant wait to do this trip with just the 5 of us! Next time we will likely have 3 kids that are too big to be stuffed in one room with us and will go back to 2 rooms..then my mom may join us..but for this trip..it's just us!
Photo0177FourBySix_zpsb7ce9e75.jpg

So that's the start of this PTR...oh I forgot..SHhhh.. the younger 2 kids do not know we are going. Declan does..but the other 2 think we are just going to my friend's house in GA for vacation ( we've done that for years so it's plausible). I am going to keep it a secret ( I say that every time) until we arrive in FLorida..

So..who's in for this ride?

DisneyBergh

I can't believe I have to wait nearly a year for this trip! You're reports crack me up! I will def be on board next Oct. when the TR hits the newsstand!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Alison! I can't believe you've started you PTR already! Yippee! Lovin' your new avatar!

ha ha ha.. yeah..I know..I'm insane.. but I have so many idea's for this coming trip I need a place to put em because I am forever losing my trip notebooks..or rather they get pilfered for school..lol

Alison1975

Original Poster
So.. we have 146 days until we can make our ADR's.. yeah I know..pathetic I know this right? It's not my fault..I blame this kid:
122_zps394a4c85.jpg

This poor child has inherited my OCD planner tendencies.. So we hadn't been home 3 days when he planned out exactly how we are going to use our 12 Table credits. I want to pause here and say.. I'm secretly smiling inside that ONE of 4 got my plan ahead gene. My husband is NOT like this and I need at least one ally..lol

So..we have 12 Table service credits..and we will do one 2 credit "show"..so here's the run down as it is now!

Boma ( dinner)

Cape May(dinner)

T-Rex

Chef Mickey ( dinner)

Garden Grill

Whispering Canyon

Thats 6 thus far..still with us?

Ok then we have the maybe list:

Akerhaus

Spirit of Aloha ( our 2 credit)

Hollywood and Vine ( lunch)

Tusker House ( breakfast)

San Angel Inn ( Lunch)

and that's 6 more making 12.. but I'd also like to consider

Akerhaus

O'hana for dinner ( we did breakfast)

and not sure.. lol

Allygator

Nice choices! We did Boma for breakfast which was good. We did Whispering Canyon for dinner in 2010 which was fun. Last visit we did Cape May (good), T-Rex (my daughter loved it. My ribs were like rubber. I was afraid if I tried to pry the meat off of them I would be flinging it across the room so I didn't bother eating it. lol I would give it another try. I think because it was really busy). I love love love 'Ohana's for dinner. It's a definite do again for this trip. I haven't been to Spirit of Aloha since 1987. My daughter insists on Hoop De Doo again. Have you been to Biergarten? My husband wants to go there.

Alison1975

Original Poster
Nice choices! We did Boma for breakfast which was good. We did Whispering Canyon for dinner in 2010 which was fun. Last visit we did Cape May (good), T-Rex (my daughter loved it. My ribs were like rubber. I was afraid if I tried to pry the meat off of them I would be flinging it across the room so I didn't bother eating it. lol I would give it another try. I think because it was really busy). I love love love 'Ohana's for dinner. It's a definite do again for this trip. I haven't been to Spirit of Aloha since 1987. My daughter insists on Hoop De Doo again. Have you been to Biergarten? My husband wants to go there.

We did Boma for dinner this year and I HAVE to go again..heck I could go 2 or 3 times..same with Cape May..lol..I haven't done Whispering Canyon since 2000.. I want to do Hoop De Doo but I was overruled..LOL..I've done it twice and love it! We def want to try O'hana for dinner..just not sure if it will be this trip. Once we get closer to ADR day we will have to tweak the plans! I'm worried about Spirit due to weather issues..

Allygator

Yeah that is so true with the weather. Do you have verizon? If so you do you have the Disney Mobile app? It's great for making last minute reservations.

Alison1975

Original Poster
Yeah that is so true with the weather. Do you have verizon? If so you do you have the Disney Mobile app? It's great for making last minute reservations.

I have the app. I def plan our days around our dining though so we have to give SoA some thought.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
You know i'm in! I know you have guilt. I would to. But there is going to be something so magical about just the 5 of you and that is something you need to have with your DH and kids. You have the memories with mom there and the whole family there. This is going to be a different trip but a different trip I think you should take. Its important to experience just the 5 of you too. Enjoy it! Its going to be the best trip yet!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So.. we have 146 days until we can make our ADR's.. yeah I know..pathetic I know this right? It's not my fault..I blame this kid:
122_zps394a4c85.jpg

This poor child has inherited my OCD planner tendencies.. So we hadn't been home 3 days when he planned out exactly how we are going to use our 12 Table credits. I want to pause here and say.. I'm secretly smiling inside that ONE of 4 got my plan ahead gene. My husband is NOT like this and I need at least one ally..lol

So..we have 12 Table service credits..and we will do one 2 credit "show"..so here's the run down as it is now!

Boma ( dinner) - Amazing! Great choice!

Cape May(dinner) - I went here for bfast and it was so great. best character interaction ever! we have not done dinner b/c i'm a nothing from the sea girl.

T-Rex - I have not been. Kids choice? I might pick something else over this one.

Chef Mickey ( dinner) - great choice

Garden Grill - Great choice

Whispering Canyon - We hated it here. Just not for us.

Thats 6 thus far..still with us?

Ok then we have the maybe list:

Akerhaus - You didn't say which meal - bfast was awesome amazing. lunch and dinner has a "different" menu and we didn't care for it. Have you been here before or checked the menu?

Spirit of Aloha ( our 2 credit) - I did a poll on this and there is a thread out there. Almost everyone said not to do this b/c its not worth the 2 credits. Almost everyone said to do Hoop De Doo instead.

Hollywood and Vine ( lunch) - Never been

Tusker House ( breakfast) - Good choice. FYI - if you want BOTH bfast and lunch, make a lunch ADR for the first time available which is 11 I think. They keep out the bfast food and add in the lunch. A great combo of both.

San Angel Inn ( Lunch) - meh. DH likes it - I think it is okay.

and that's 6 more making 12.. but I'd also like to consider

Akerhaus - ummmm...you mentioned this already?

O'hana for dinner ( we did breakfast) - So much better for dinner!! I didn't like bfast - do dinner. You will love it! LOVE!

and not sure.. lol

Alison1975

Original Poster

let's see... Boma..yep..did dinner will do dinner again
same with cape may.. did dinner and will again..love seafood!
T-Rex is def all about the kids
Chef Mickeys-i hate that place but the kids love it so this time they get to go ( we skipped it in sept)
Garden grill~went this year..loved it
Whispering Canyon..I'm willing to risk it.. kids want to eat there
Akerhaus..lunch or dinner.. We are not breakfast people and that meal tends to be a waste of credits
Spirit of Aloha~ Kids want to do this.. we did Hoop Dee Doo last year ( my 3rd time kids 1st time)
Hollywood and vine...never been either
Tusker~did this last year .. again..hate breakfast so I'd like to do an early dinner or late lunch but breakfast will probably win
San Angel..Eric's choice..
Akerhaus again..LMAO.. yeah I'm losing it
O'Hana..is a def most likely..lOL...lots of time to think on all this!

Alison1975

Original Poster
You know i'm in! I know you have guilt. I would to. But there is going to be something so magical about just the 5 of you and that is something you need to have with your DH and kids. You have the memories with mom there and the whole family there. This is going to be a different trip but a different trip I think you should take. Its important to experience just the 5 of you too. Enjoy it! Its going to be the best trip yet!

exactly. The says ( or even the few hours here and there) it was just the 5 of were so nice this past trip. We flow so well as a unit..lol. I'm actually rather worried we won't be able to top this past trip. Except for Noah and my mom not keeping up and such it was a near perfect trip.

Blueskyze

Yay!!! Allison's PTR! You know I've been waiting for this since your TR ended. :)

Your dining "first draft" sounds great! I really liked Boma (Zebra Domes...mmmmmm), and Cape May, Garden Grill, and 'Ohana dinner are all on my to-do list. We did lunch at Hollywood & Vine this year, and to be honest, it was my least favorite meal of the trip. The food was okay (lobster mac & cheese was the favorite at our table), but it was chaotic, restrooms were out of order, and all of the characters didn't even make it around to us. I only picked it b/c my son wanted to see Jake, but I didn't realize he could have met all of the Disney Jr. characters elsewhere without doing the lunch. He got to dance w/ Jake, though, so he was happy.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your plans as everything falls into place! Oh, and congrats on not working the 2nd job anymore!

popcenturylover

let's see... Boma..yep..did dinner will do dinner again
same with cape may.. did dinner and will again..love seafood!
T-Rex is def all about the kids
Chef Mickeys-i hate that place but the kids love it so this time they get to go ( we skipped it in sept)
Garden grill~went this year..loved it
Whispering Canyon..I'm willing to risk it.. kids want to eat there
Akerhaus..lunch or dinner.. We are not breakfast people and that meal tends to be a waste of credits
Spirit of Aloha~ Kids want to do this.. we did Hoop Dee Doo last year ( my 3rd time kids 1st time)
Hollywood and vine...never been either
Tusker~did this last year .. again..hate breakfast so I'd like to do an early dinner or late lunch but breakfast will probably win
San Angel..Eric's choice..
Akerhaus again..LMAO.. yeah I'm losing it
O'Hana..is a def most likely..lOL...lots of time to think on all this!
On this last trip we went to Chef Mickey's for dinner & interaction is great but, not the food!
We also went to Akershus for breakfast & loved the whole experience! (not breakfast people)
On our first night we went to O'hana for dinner & LOVED it! Best meal of the week! We should have saved it for our last meal.

Alison1975

Original Poster
On this last trip we went to Chef Mickey's for dinner & interaction is great but, not the food!
We also went to Akershus for breakfast & loved the whole experience! (not breakfast people)
On our first night we went to O'hana for dinner & LOVED it! Best meal of the week! We should have saved it for our last meal.

Yeah..I;m NOT a fan of Chef Mickey's..its too crazy in there for me.. we will either do that or Tusker..not both since it's more or less the same characters..Akerhaus is still up in the air..I want to do it BUT my daughter isn't a princess fan and it depends on if Taejan still is ( he loves the women)...

felt the same way about Boma and Cape May.. I could have eaten at Boma every other day and been happy..lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom