Can We Agree to Stop Complaining Disney About Prices? Let's Talk Value

BigTxEars

No you are under the assumption that the time required to load people on rides is the same if you bothered to read the links you would understand thats not true. So what you end up with is some lines apear to be the same say Pirates of the Carribean has a 40 min wait but in that 40 mins fewer people are getting on it due to only one line being open. The other line would would have doubled capacity is now only used for Fast pass +.

So those other people are now riding something that used to be a walk on ride thus making that line longer

I wouldn't count on it being here to stay. Spending 2 billion with no chance of ever recouping that money is not something investors want to see. Then factor in the millions required for upkeep and it might end up getting the chopping block.

There is a reason why not a single other disney park in the entire world has started to add a fast pass + system.

You mean the link to a thread that was last posted on over two months ago? That thread died a hard fast death my friend. I do not think you trying to revive it is going to work.

MM or FP+ are not going anywhere. Guest are happy with the new system, even on here which can be a pretty jaded place on changes at WDW the pro FP+ post are out numbering the anti FP+ post from what I have read.

This debate is no different than all the FP threads that use to occur on here before FP+ debating their impact on line length, just bunch of opinions and noting more. That matter was never settled, this one will not be either. The only folks with facts are the people at WDW who see numbers by the hour and by the attraction, they know what the reality is, all of us are just guessing based on what we see in the limited time we are at the parks.

And you have no ideal if they will or will not recoup their investment, saying they have no chance is based on what other than you conjecture?

Cesar R M

2 billion is not cheap. That's more than it cost to build animal kingdom and MGM combined

If they really wanted this they should have only made it an app. At most it would have cost a few million
the tech might have been cheap, but these 2 billion sure as hell aren't just for the magicband. they upgraded the entire fp system, my magic and WDW backbones (wifi and cellular probably too ). Add training ipads and extra CMs for the entire thing..

You mean the link to a thread that was last posted on over two months ago? That thread died a hard fast death my friend. I do not think you trying to revive it is going to work.

MM or FP+ are not going anywhere. Guest are happy with the new system, even on here which can be a pretty jaded place on changes at WDW the pro FP+ post are out numbering the anti FP+ post from what I have read.

This debate is no different than all the FP threads that use to occur on here before FP+ debating their impact on line length, just bunch of opinions and noting more. That matter was never settled, this one will not be either. The only folks with facts are the people at WDW who see numbers by the hour and by the attraction, they know what the reality is, all of us are just guessing based on what we see in the limited time we are at the parks.

And you have no ideal if they will or will not recoup their investment, saying they have no chance is based on what other than you conjecture?
if they are happy how come complaints are way up?

Like I said we already saw Disneyworld take a loss in Marketshare. Now that Universal is adding even more what makes you think they will keep pushing My Magic +

Problem is My Magic + won't work in other parks. Disney world is unqiue in its vistors. Disneyland and Disneyland Paris mainly see locals. Locals don't plan months in advance.

The Disney corp doesn't have any real say what gets added to Disney Tokyo as its not owned outright by them. As for Disney Hong Kong and Shanghi well lets just say requireing guests to log on to the internet before hand isn't really going to happen.

the tech might have been cheap, but these 2 billion sure as hell aren't just for the magicband. they upgraded the entire fp system, my magic and WDW backbones (wifi and cellular probably too ). Add training ipads and extra CMs for the entire thing..
2 billion is just the official numbers rumor is its way more but still 2 billion for wifi towers and ipads? Again you could have built 2 new theme parks for that price.

Matt_Black

It was live, because I used it. I have the band. Even if not ALL the resorts at that point were participating, most were, and I didn't notice any appreciable difference in the length of the stand-by lines.

BigTxEars

if they are happy how come complaints are way up?

Like I said we already saw Disneyworld take a loss in Marketshare. Now that Universal is adding even more what makes you think they will keep pushing My Magic +

Problem is My Magic + won't work in other parks. Disney world is unqiue in its vistors. Disneyland and Disneyland Paris mainly see locals. Locals don't plan months in advance.

The Disney corp doesn't have any real say what gets added to Disney Tokyo as its not owned outright by them. As for Disney Hong Kong and Shanghi well lets just say requireing guests to log on to the internet before hand isn't really going to happen.

Who said complaints were way up? Where did that info come from?

And like I said in the last quarter 2013 they reported record attendance at WDW.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/year-535259-disney-percent.html

Who knows what will happen at their other parks. The system could easily be modified to allow guest to plan their FP+ days in advance and not months. Heck it already allows that. Buy you ticket online, pick your FP+, or if a pass holder do it days in advance. I really do not go to those parks so it's of no interest to me what they do, but at WDW FP+ and MM are alive and well and growing :)

Matt_Black

Yeah, I think the whole thing is really neat, and they're addressing some of the issues that were there (like the park-hopping bit).

wendysue

Great example...sporting events. Your team loses and you just paid $100 to park and $200/ticket (Yes I live in a city where it's $100 to park to see our American Football team).

:eek: :jawdrop: Never would I pay that to watch guys play a game...when I can watch it at a comfy sports bar with cheaper beer...

Goofyernmost

no it really won't all of the other parks refused it.
Sure, a company as a whole is going to invest around 2 Billion and some 3rd level executive in a theme park is going to have veto power about it being activated in their park. What color is the sky in your world?

I would guess it will be vetted at WDW and then spread to the other parks. Once they iron out the wrinkles at WDW it will be easy to implement it in the other parks.
Exactly, WDW was chosen as the test park because it's size alone would tell you that, if there are problems to be ironed out, that is where it is most likely to come to the surface.

2 billion is just the official numbers rumor is its way more but still 2 billion for wifi towers and ipads? Again you could have built 2 new theme parks for that price.
My friend, you have just explained exactly why it will be used in all parks. It's primarily an upgrade of the system with a few perks or, for you, pains, injected for the public. It's not about the Guests, it is about Disney internal operation. Might as well get used to it... it ain't going away.

Dads 2 Boys

WDW is a business....period.

So many people here complain and complain that prices are going up without offerings going up, etc... While that may be the case, they are one of a billion businesses in the world who do the same thing of trying to make as much money as possible. That's life.

I'm not sure why so many of u consider The Walt Disney Company the devil. Y'all act like it's personal...against you. Do I think they are going overboard on some things? Yes...but I also understand that the grand scheme of things is to pay the bills (which are higher) yet still make the same profits. Again....which is just like every other business (big or small) on this planet.

Are the resorts over-priced? Yup.....but no more than the rest of the world's destinations? Ever been to NYC and wanted to stay in Times Square (not in a flea bag motel)? It's going to cost you. It's like that everywhere there in a destination based city. Popularity increases prices with everything!

WDW is incredibly popular yes? It's the same as the NY Yankees and every city they visit. All of those teams jack up their ticket prices for the games the Yankees are in town (with no exceptions). Why? Because the Yankees are the most popular team in the world! The Miami Heat are getting to be the same way. Tickets versus the Knicks in MSG are 4x the price of virtually every other visiting team? Why? Because they are so popular and everyone wants to see them (i.e the moniker "The Heatles").

I, just like all of you, have the choice of not spending my money going to WDW if it bothers me. If it annoys you that much....please answer this simple question....."why do you still go"? No one is forcing you and if you go, then go and enjoy. Please spare me the crap of "I like but I want it the way it was".....save it. It's not going back....

Patrick_Ears

WDW is a business....period.

So many people here complain and complain that prices are going up without offerings going up, etc... While that may be the case, they are one of a billion businesses in the world who do the same thing of trying to make as much money as possible. That's life.

I'm not sure why so many of u consider The Walt Disney Company the devil. Y'all act like it's personal...against you. Do I think they are going overboard on some things? Yes...but I also understand that the grand scheme of things is to pay the bills (which are higher) yet still make the same profits. Again....which is just like every other business (big or small) on this planet.

Are the resorts over-priced? Yup.....but no more than the rest of the world's destinations? Ever been to NYC and wanted to stay in Times Square (not in a flea bag motel)? It's going to cost you. It's like that everywhere there in a destination based city. Popularity increases prices with everything!

WDW is incredibly popular yes? It's the same as the NY Yankees and every city they visit. All of those teams jack up their ticket prices for the games the Yankees are in town (with no exceptions). Why? Because the Yankees are the most popular team in the world! The Miami Heat are getting to be the same way. Tickets versus the Knicks in MSG are 4x the price of virtually every other visiting team? Why? Because they are so popular and everyone wants to see them (i.e the moniker "The Heatles").

I, just like all of you, have the choice of not spending my money going to WDW if it bothers me. If it annoys you that much....please answer this simple question....."why do you still go"? No one is forcing you and if you go, then go and enjoy. Please spare me the crap of "I like but I want it the way it was".....save it. It's not going back....

well said!! :)

DfromATX

Yes Disney is expensive, but it is less expensive than going to Europe or Hawaii (ahh maybe some day). We alternate between cruising (non-Disney) and Disney and for us they cost about the same. We can fly from Texas to Orlando for around $300. Hawaii (last time I checked) was over $900! London around $1,400!

BigTxEars

It does seem that some on here think WDW is some type of community social club that should not run itself as a business. It is a business and as one it is a simple premise they offer "X" to the public for "Y" in return. Either party can choose to change that at either time if they are unhappy with the return they are making.

It's a compliment to WDW that some on here take it so personal but dang I will never understand why adults hang around a fan forum of any subject to just bash that subject repeatedly. Odd use of ones time IMO.

DfromATX

No actually Disney's market share dropped.
http://micechat.com/65108-universal-orlando-update-taking-market-share-disney/

Fantasy Land has taken longer then it took to build Animal Kingdom and it's still not done yet. Out of it we are netted 1 new ride due the fact that they had to close Snow Whites Adventure.

Avatar Land? Serioulsy? Well that was announced in 2011 and it is "under construction" now. With a possible finish date of 2017.

Oh and it looks like it will only be at most 2 rides. So we MIGHT get 2 rides only one of them is an E-ticket based on a movie franchise that is just utter garbage which only took 6 years at best to make.

Honestly I won't believe it until its actually open.
Yeah that's not expanding.

Even adding Avatar land Animal kingdom is still going to be a half day park.

As for comparison in the time it takes for them to finish the Fantasy Land Expansnion Universal will have made

1. Transformers E-ticket ride
2. New Harry Potter land which is almost double the size of the new Fantasy Land expansion
3. Gringotts Bank Roller coaster E-ticket which is looking to be amazing
4. Hogwarts Express train not an e-ticket but an amazing addittion
5. The Simpsons Land with a new Spinner ride
6. Brand new themed Hotel

Oh and they are already starting working on Revamping the Jurassic Park land and oh so much more

Ya know, I love Disney, but for our first time last summer, we did a "split" vacation between Uni/IOA and Disney. I'll just say that Disney does have some good competition and they do need to keep an eye on that. Everything at Uni was pretty awesome and modern.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom