Can We Agree to Stop Complaining Disney About Prices? Let's Talk Value

Can I be honest? No matter how "good" Harry Potter anything is or will be, Harry Potter sucks. I can't stand the movies, the little boy, or anything about it.

Another factor in theme parks is liking the theme. If you don't enjoy the theme, nothing else really matters. I like almost everything Disney...the movies are all good to me.

I'm not saying Uni didn't do a good job with Harry Potter. I am saying they couldn't put enough lipstick on it to make me like it.
i'm reminded of Avatar land at this point.

Either way that is just one of the new lands they are working on.

Matt_Black

Now I expect that some reading this might think, "but hey I'm poor." I would disagree... if you have the money to get internet service and have computer to connect to the forum you really aren't poor.

You know poor people can access the internet at public libraries, yes?

Pocahontas

Expanding, yeah right, whats been closed versus whats being opened, if you are lucky Disney break even in some places, but over all the MK has far fewer attractions operating than on our first few trips. Though in Fannyboy land its all just part of the magic.
Expanding in the sense that it's updating it's rides and bringing newer, fresher ideas. Not all of them are particularly well received, but they're still growing Walt Disney World. I guess I would call it modernization, improvement, etc.

Matt_Black

And we both know the odds of anyone on this forum falling in that very limited group is just about zero... Nice try though.

Probable doesn't equate to definite. I see my first instinct to resort to sarcasm instead of trying to actually present rational arguments and points was correct, because it's clear you're going to be dismissive of anything that contradicts the carefully constructed narrative that occupies your worldview. Have a nice day.

Expanding in the sense that it's updating it's rides and bringing newer, fresher ideas. Not all of them are particularly well received, but they're still growing Walt Disney World. I guess I would call it modernization, improvement, etc.
no not really at all. What they are doing to Disneyland Paris is modernization and improvement and i guarantee it costs less then 2 billion.

Fast Pass + in no way is an improvement or a modernization in fact RFID tech in this capacity is already out of date.

thomas998

Probable doesn't equate to definite. I see my first instinct to resort to sarcasm instead of trying to actually present rational arguments and points was correct, because it's clear you're going to be dismissive of anything that contradicts the carefully constructed narrative that occupies your worldview. Have a nice day.

You're right. I will forever believe the world is round and you may continue to believe it to be flat.

BigTxEars

That
no not really at all. What they are doing to Disneyland Paris is modernization and improvement and i guarantee it costs less then 2 billion.

Fast Pass + in no way is an improvement or a modernization in fact RFID tech in this capacity is already out of date.
FP+ has already greatly changed and improved the way we do WDW. And the possibilities are even greater in the future. I think it's a huge leap forward in park immersion.

I agree about being able to relax. We took breaks each day on our last trip and hung at the pool at Poly. The view is gorgeous, the pina coladas delicious (my husband told me if I complained about the price he would come back with just one the next time) and the kids were thrilled to be kept busy on the slide. Best part of the trip.

Cesar R M

maybe that is why they implemented such tech? I mean, its cheap.. its on its way to be replaced by modern more secure things.. They could have got these devices for dirt cheap.. the only expensive thing was setting the backbone and systems to handle the information. (programming, setting, network.etc..)

maybe that is why they implemented such tech? I mean, its cheap.. its on its way to be replaced by modern more secure things.. They could have got these devices for dirt cheap.. the only expensive thing was setting the backbone and systems to handle the information. (programming, setting, network.etc..)
2 billion is not cheap. That's more than it cost to build animal kingdom and MGM combined

If they really wanted this they should have only made it an app. At most it would have cost a few million

That

FP+ has already greatly changed and improved the way we do WDW. And the possibilities are even greater in the future. I think it's a huge leap forward in park immersion.
I honestly can't see how that's possible.

Every line that had fast pass is now longer because of Fast pass +. That's indisputable

You now get less fast passes then you could have gotten with the old system.

Its not next to impossible to get fast passes unless you plan your trips 6 months in advanced and even then there is no guarantee that you will get it or that it will even work when you get there.

But I would like to know how it has improved your trips

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I honestly can't see how that's possible.

Every line that had fast pass is now longer because of Fast pass +. That's indisputable

You now get less fast passes then you could have gotten with the old system.

Its not next to impossible to get fast passes unless you plan your trips 6 months in advanced and even then there is no guarantee that you will get it or that it will even work when you get there.

But I would like to know how it has improved your trips
Now this I agree with completely. Fast Pass + is a step back, pretty much on every front unless you're just lazy and only care to ride once.

The old paper fast pass system was great. Short lines. Easy. Repeatable. As long as you were willing to go back to the attraction you could ride multiple times per day. Now, 3 per day makes it a step back for guests like me.

BigTxEars

FP+ has me secured in knowing that the attractions I want to do I will do weeks in advance, not the day of. No uncertainty at all.

My ADRs and FPs will not collide, again sonething not known until the day of under the old way. I know this now weeks in advance.

We are already planning our park hopping around the FP +, under the old way we would not know when our times were until that day, making Hopping harder to plan.

Hot events like Frozen M&G would be a unknown to us under the old system, I now know we will be able to do it for sure with our FP+, A big improvement for us.

Everything being tied to the MB means no keys, no cards, no paper tickets, just the band to do everything, that's immersion to us.

The possibilities of the MB in the future are great, to tie a unique person to a band gives WDW the ability to do all types of immersive experiences.

The new system is a great improvement to us. If it is not to you that is fine. We all do the parks differently. No one system is going to fit everyone. The system is not going anywhere, I would try to adapt to it or find somewhere to spend my money that better fits my style of visiting. At least that is what I would do. I would not spend thousands of dollars if the trip made me unhappy.

Disneyhead'71

FP+ has me secured in knowing that the attractions I want to do I will do weeks in advance, not the day of. No uncertainty at all.

My ADRs and FPs will not collide, again sonething not known until the day of under the old way. I know this now weeks in advance.

We are already planning our park hopping around the FP +, under the old way we would not know when our times were until that day, making Hopping harder to plan.

Hot events like Frozen M&G would be a unknown to us under the old system, I now know we will be able to do it for sure with our FP+, A big improvement for us.

Everything being tied to the MB means no keys, no cards, no paper tickets, just the band to do everything, that's immersion to us.

The possibilities of the MB in the future are great, to tie a unique person to a band gives WDW the ability to do all types of immersive experiences.

The new system is a great improvement to us. If it is not to you that is fine. We all do the parks differently. No one system is going to fit everyone. The system is not going anywhere, I would try to adapt to it or find somewhere to spend my money that better fits my style of visiting. At least that is what I would do. I would not spend thousands of dollars if the trip made me unhappy.
I haven't paid to go to WDW since 2010.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom