can someone give me info on the cruise I just booked?

tmitch

Original Poster
We did an on board cruise booking in march, and I just transferred it to Sept 16. I've never been on the fantasy, only the dream. How does the fantasy compare, very similar? We also have the cozumel,grand cayman,Jamaica itinerary, any suggestions on port adventures would be awesome. Thanks in advance. Oh, if someone knows the general start date of Halloween at seas, is Sept 17 too early?

Tom

Beta Return
The Fantasy and Dream are sister ships. You will notice a few minor differences, where they improved some things while building the Fantasy, that they learned after the Dream was in operation.

sissa216

Last year, Halloween sailings started on September 7th for the Fantasy- so you should probably see it this year!
Enjoy! If you loved the Dream, you'll feel at home on the Fantasy.

PensFan

The big difference for me is the Fantasy has Sattelite Falls while the Dream does not. No better way to spend an afternoon on a sea day!! Enjoy!

ChuckElias

I've never been on the fantasy, only the dream. How does the fantasy compare, very similar?
Yes, they're very similar with some small changes in the restaurants and the adults club area. Also, the Fantasy has Satellite Falls on the top deck above Quiet Cove; but does NOT have the quiet sitting area outside the nightclubs on Deck 4.

You've seen the Turtle Talk show in Animator's Palate, but the Fantasy has a second show, which you really don't want to miss. I won't give it away if you don't already know what it is. The shows in the Walt Disney Theater will also be different, of course.

We also have the cozumel,grand cayman,Jamaica itinerary, any suggestions on port adventures would be awesome.
We haven't done Jamaica with DCL, so I can't help you there. Just be glad you aren't going to Costa Maya. Ugh!

On Grand Cayman, however, my wife likes to simply get in a cab and go to Seven Mile Beach. It's a great beach and you can use the resorts to change clothes or use the bathroom. I think the taxi is only about $4 per person, so it's very affordable and, as I said, it's a fantastic beach.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We did an on board cruise booking in march, and I just transferred it to Sept 16. I've never been on the fantasy, only the dream. How does the fantasy compare, very similar? We also have the cozumel,grand cayman,Jamaica itinerary, any suggestions on port adventures would be awesome. Thanks in advance. Oh, if someone knows the general start date of Halloween at seas, is Sept 17 too early?
Ok, for the ship, here's a walkthrough.

As far as Cozumel, we did the Dolphin Swim at Dolphinaris. It was very fun (and, they have a small reasonably priced restaurant there that had some tasty food options!).

You can read my report on that here:

englanddg's Surf and Turf Experience

In fact, that experience is where my current avatar picture is from.

At Grand Caymen we did the Submarine Tour.

You can read my report on that here:

englanddg's Surf and Turf Experience

Grand Cayman also had some neat shopping options (better than Cozumel, though Cozumel had more options, a lot of it wasn't very interesting).

Enjoy your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom