Can someone check my plan?

strongbad14

Alright, friends. I've spent months planning this thing for me and my girlfriend (we're both 24) and we have the standard dining plan. Now do your worst. What are we missing/doing wrong? Also open to suggestions and tips. Thanks!

Tuesday, June 16
Check into Port Orleans French Quarter
MK with FP+ to Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Dinner at Be Our Guest

Wednesday
More MK with FP+ to Splash, Peter Pan's Flight, Enchanted Tales with Belle
Dinner at Ohana

Thursday
EPCOT with FP+ to Mission: Space, Spaceship Earth and Soarin'
Dinner at Le Cellier

Friday
DHS with FP+ to Star Tours, Midway Mania and Tower of Terror
Fantasmic dinner package at Mama Melrose's

Saturday
AK with FP+ to Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids and Expedition Everest
Wild Africa Trek?
Dinner at Narcoose's

Sunday
Character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
Check out

Sparkle1566

Wow !!!! You have gotten into some amazing places to have dinner and are hitting some great rides !!!!!
While at MK make sure you do Mickey's Philharmagic, Carousel of Progress, The Hall of Presidents... you don't need FP's, the theater's are large...... they are just kinda cool.
Have a Wonderful time !!!!! :happy:

Upvote 0

Kingoglow

That is a great plan.

Forgive me, it is early here. But I noticed your dining choices because those are some of my favorites. You might want to verify that you have enough dining credits. If I remember correctly, Le Cellier and Narcoossee's both require two credits each. If that is the case you will want to decide which of your other dinners you should pay for out of pocket to accommodate. You can look up the menus in the app or on the site and get a feel for what you want to order and price out the cheapest two dinners.

This is nothing to stress about, though. You have an excellent plan laid out.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

That is a great plan.

Forgive me, it is early here. But I noticed your dining choices because those are some of my favorites. You might want to verify that you have enough dining credits. If I remember correctly, Le Cellier and Narcoossee's both require two credits each. If that is the case you will want to decide which of your other dinners you should pay for out of pocket to accommodate. You can look up the menus in the app or on the site and get a feel for what you want to order and price out the cheapest two dinners.

This is nothing to stress about, though. You have an excellent plan laid out.

Good catch!

OP, if you want to calculate which meals would be the best choices to pay for out of pocket, the calculator at http://www.distripplanner.com/ might be useful to you. Put in all your ADRs, dates of your visit, etc., and then after it totals everything up, expand the "Using Dining Plan" section. It will recommend which restaurants to pay for out of pocket, based on the average costs of meals at each location. In general, 2-credit restaurants are a better choice to pay for out of pocket, because they rarely cost double what a good 1-credit one costs. Either way, having a website crunch the numbers for you, instead of looking up menus and doing it yourself, is very handy!

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Thanks, everyone! Anyone know anything about Wild Africa Trek? Worth it? Any other tours everyone loves?
When are you going? I'd only do WAT in the cooler months. Behind the Seeds is a good tour and pretty cheap, but might be tight if you only have one day in Epcot. Wild Africa Trek is good because you can pretty much use it to replace the animal exhibits so you're not using up as much time.

I'd STRONGLY consider cancelling your dining plan entirely. Others have mentioned that you'll be using too many credits with your signature meals, but even if you pay for one out of pocket and use dining credits for the other, it's just about impossible to get your money's worth on a shortish trip with two signatures. They're a really bad dollar-to-point value and you'll end up losing money. It'll be cheaper to pay cash for everything.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

Have you checked which parks have Extra Magic Hours on which days? Some people like going to parks with EMH and others don't but either way you should check so the crowds don't surprise you.

Upvote 0

Mukta

You have way too many TS points used there and you don't mention your CS points at all. You might want to adjust your dining reservations or at least which meals are best paid out of pocket since you will be doing that.

I show that you are using 8 TS points when you only have 5.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Thanks, everyone! Anyone know anything about Wild Africa Trek? Worth it? Any other tours everyone loves?

Love Wild Africa Trek. You two would have a great time. You walk trails, get hooked up to a harness to watch hippos, walk two "rickety" bridges over crocs, ride in a private jeep across the savannah, have breakfast/lunch provided for you at your own veranda. What's not to like? Definitely worth it. Oh, and they photos of the group and upload them to your own specific account for you to download for "free" (part of the up front fee). 3 hours.

Keys to the Kingdom is also good. You get to ride Jungle Cruise (with narration about the ride) and HM, see the backstage behind Splash Mountain, have lunch provided, and of course, see just a fraction of the utilidors. 5 hours.

Also went on Undiscovered Future World in Epcot. It's a their version of Keys to the Kingdom. They take to you to some backstage areas and you also ride Soarin. 4 hours.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

I don't know about the Breakfast the last day. I've tried similar things on my last day and had trouble getting back to the resort. Busses don't generaly pick up at the parks early in the day. If you are going there via MK.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Are you flying or driving in? If driving, I suggest packing up your car at the resort and driving to the Grand Floridian. Just tell the guard at the gate that you have a dining reservation there, which you do. You can leave your car at designated guest parking. If I recall, it's on the other side of Floridian Way. Your stuff will be fine.

I'm doing that on my checkout day with breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe and a quick hop to MK before driving home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom