can adults wear tutus

WDWFan_Boston

My sisters wanted to know if adults could wear tutus in wdw. I know you can't wear costumes but i don't know if tutus count.Thanks.

image.jpg

stalkingmickey

Wow so a few people wanna have fun and dress in a fun way on their first time at WDW and all you guys can do is bash her for asking. First they know the costume policy they stated as much. They were looking for a more definitive answer on a skirt!!!! I hardly consider wearing a tutu a costume anyway. Some of the hats that adults walk around wearing make them look real silly to each their own!! Not one person was remotely helpful other than making the OP feel stupid for asking and considering the idea.!!!

Go for it but be aware you may be asked to change at the gate. If you get past main gate you should be good to go!

Figaro928

My sisters wanted to know if adults could wear tutus in wdw. I know you can't wear costumes but i don't know if tutus count.Thanks.

Oh just do it!!! Disney is the one place where we all get to feel like a kid again. Grown men can wear mouse ears here and not look out of place. Families wear ridiculous matching outfits. I saw plenty of adults with their faces painted. If wearing a tutu makes you and your sister feel young at heart & enhances your experience then ROCK THAT TUTU! Don't let the naysayers tell you otherwise.

(Just don't rock heels with the tutu... that's just flat out a bad idea)

DfromATX

Rarely many people do during a regular day....With the exception of parents that coughed up a chunk of cash for their kids to do Bibbidty Bobbity Boutique and The Pirates league..

I always think the little girls dressed up as princesses look awfully cute, but then I think how hot and uncomfortable they must be. Probably one of those things that seems like a good idea at the time, but...

Weather_Lady

They're not adults yet, and it's just a fanciful accessory. I don't think it any more ridiculous than wearing Mickey ears or a Goofy hat around all day, and there's no danger of them looking like a Disney character!

Unless...

hippo.jpg

dreamfinder

They sell runDisney branded tutu's at some of the races. Tutu only, I'd say you should be ok. Tutu in character colors with matching top & bows, might be pushing it a bit.

Then again, I've rocked a kilt in the parks so I may not be the best judge of what is appropriate for the parks.

LucyK

They might be adults by Disney standard but in reality they are barely teenagers. I say go for it, if they are wearing a tutu over their normal clothes I don't believe the CMs will stop them, just be prepared and understand they're just doing their jobs if they do.

slappy magoo

I don't know the kids in question, but it might be good t point out to them that wearing something unusual might warrant them getting unwanted attention. I'm not talking "earning your beads at Mardi Gras" attention, but perhaps they're not really thinking about the fact that, if you dress in a way that makes you stand out, some people might gravitate towards you in a way you might not like. And even if they do like the attention, depending on how much of they get, WDW might not like it. Probably won't be a big deal, and this is likely a bad analogy, but I think back a few years when a guy who made some money on the side at Xmastime playing Santa opted to go to WDW wearing what could be construed as a "workshop Santa" outfit, not the full costume, but red pants with suspenders, boots. People were treating him like he was Santa, security asked him to change or leave because he was attracting crowds AND, I'm sure it being Xmastime, they were worried people might get confused were they to see this guy and "the real Santa" during a parade.

If they're just being kids who want to wear tutu, I doubt anyone would care. But if they decide to not only dress for attention but act for attention as well, then you deal with potential problems. So it begs the question of if they just want to play dressup for their own fun or are they looking to be a part of the show.

MissM

I wore a tiara to Disney on my 35th birthday:

m-bday20121a.jpg

The year before I had a major medical crisis and major surgery. It took over a year to recover so when my birthday came around again, I really wanted to celebrate! I wanted to be a "princess" for the day so I got myself a sparkly tiara. I got a TON of smiles and compliments and birthday wishes because of it.

So something small that's not a true "costume" but is fun and makes the person feel good? Why the heck not! It's Disney after all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom