can adults wear tutus

MAmoore

Original Poster
My sisters wanted to know if adults could wear tutus in wdw. I know you can't wear costumes but i don't know if tutus count.Thanks.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
image.jpg

cw1982

Why would adults want to wear tutus at WDW, unless it was for some kind of special event, like a run or something?

I don't mean that in a rude way, I'm just trying to understand the motive here. If they are going on a "normal" operating day, I'd venture to say they'll probably be the only ones wearing tutus. Even the girls wearing costumes are normally in dresses... lol. :)

MAmoore

Original Poster
Why would adults want to wear tutus at WDW, unless it was for some kind of special event, like a run or something?

I don't mean that in a rude way, I'm just trying to understand the motive here. If they are going on a "normal" operating day, I'd venture to say they'll probably be the only ones wearing tutus. Even the girls wearing costumes are normally in dresses... lol. :)

Its going to be there 1st time at wdw and they wanted to do it the first day only.I think they want to for the just to add more fun to the 1st day. They will be 13 and 14 by the way so only adults by disney park standards but they want me to do it with them and i will be a legal adult when we go.

Cmdr_Crimson

Its going to be there 1st time at wdw and they wanted to do it the first day only.I think they want to for the just to add more fun to the 1st day. They will be 13 and 14 by the way so only adults by disney park standards but they want me to do it with them and i will be a legal adult when we go.

Disney World Guest Appearance Guidelines

Disney World reserves the right to exclude visitors to their gated attractions who wear clothing that could create a distraction. This policy is in effect at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Pleasure Island and Disney Quest.

Examples of unacceptable attire includes:

• Clothing displaying offensive messages/language
  • Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as a costume (children under age 10 are excluded)
  • Clothing made with offensive material, (ie transparent)
  • Clothing that is excessively torn
  • Clothing which exposes inappropriate portions of the body such as string bikini tops, G-strings, bikini bottoms, etc.
  • Guests wearing wedding attire are discouraged from entering the Theme Parks.
All Disney Theme Park guests are required to wear shirts and shoes at all times. Swimsuit tops are allowed when worn with other appropriate clothing.

Disney's Pleasure Island, Disney Quest, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon have other criteria in place which may vary from the general appearance guidelines. Depending on the venue and event, variations may be acceptable.

In other words..You can pass it off during the Halloween Parties. But, not during regular park days...

cw1982

Lol... I'd call just to be sure before you go. (ETA: Or, listen to the person who posted above me)

Also, at 13 and 14, I can see them getting into the parks, realizing no one else is wearing them, and immediately shedding them. Then you all have to carry those things around all day or throw them away. I'd wait until closer to the trip to make that decision. Maybe if you show them enough pictures of people in the parks that they realize that no one else is wearing them, they'll "forget" about that idea.

Cmdr_Crimson

Lol... I'd call just to be sure before you go. (ETA: Or, listen to the person who posted above me)

Also, at 13 and 14, I can see them getting into the parks, realizing no one else is wearing them, and immediately shedding them. Then you all have to carry those things around all day or throw them away. I'd wait until closer to the trip to make that decision. Maybe if you show them enough pictures of people in the parks that they realize that no one else is wearing them, they'll "forget" about that idea.

Rarely many people do during a regular day....With the exception of parents that coughed up a chunk of cash for their kids to do Bibbidty Bobbity Boutique and The Pirates league..

cw1982

Rarely many people do during a regular day....With the exception of parents that coughed up a chunk of cash for their kids to do Bibbidty Bobbity Boutique and The Pirates league..

Yeah, but those are for kids under 10, right? Most 13- and 14-year-olds that I know wouldn't be caught dead wearing something if they knew the only other people wearing them were all in elementary school LOL

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeah, but those are for kids under 10, right? Most 13- and 14-year-olds that I know wouldn't be caught dead wearing something if they knew the only other people wearing them were all in elementary school LOL

Yeah..That's what they are going for...This question again would have made more sense to dress up for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party.

I say go for it. As long as no one will get you confused as a Disney employee-character and you don't pose for pictures you will be fine. If it makes you feel magical you should do it. depending on the tutu, it might get crushed or get in the way on the monorail, buses or attractions, so you may want to keep that in mind, but i doubt your intending on wearing a swan lake tutu instead of a single layer tulle skirt.

EricJ

My sisters wanted to know if adults could wear tutus in wdw. I know you can't wear costumes but i don't know if tutus count.Thanks.

Was she asking whether adults are allowed to, or whether they CAN? :facepalm:

(Besides, didn't Baloo always get a group of guests in tutus, for the old Disneyland Parade of the Stars?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom