Can a Non-Resort Guest Check Luggage?

hunterontheradio

Original Poster
I will be in Orlando for a conference in November and would like to check out of my off-site hotel the final morning to spend a day at the Magic Kingdom before an evening flight. While I know the resort luggage check-in is offered as a perk to guests of the resort, could I get dropped off at a Magic Kingdom area resort and then check a bag? I will be flying Southwest and do not have to worry about baggage fees or requesting a boarding pass.

Thank you in advance.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I will be in Orlando for a conference in November and would like to check out of my off-site hotel the final morning to spend a day at the Magic Kingdom before an evening flight. While I know the resort luggage check-in is offered as a perk to guests of the resort, could I get dropped off at a Magic Kingdom area resort and then check a bag? I will be flying Southwest and do not have to worry about baggage fees or requesting a boarding pass.

Thank you in advance.

From the FAQ:
Resort Airline Check-In Service is a benefit offered to Guests of select Disney Resort hotels who are departing from Orlando International Airport on participating airlines. You can check your luggage and receive your airline boarding pass right at your Disney Resort hotel.

So do you qualify as a Resort Guest ?

Rob562

Thank you in advance.

No.

-Rob

Weather_Lady

Sorry, no.

Unless your luggage is small enough to fit into a "large" locker at the MK (17.5" x 12" x 16"), and unless your off-site hotel is conveniently between you and the airport (such that you could leave it with bell services there and pick it up en route to the airport) your best bet may be to rent a luggage locker at the Transportation and Ticket Center while you're visiting MK, and then take the bag with you to the airport to check.

EDIT: Please see update, below.

Last edited:

hunterontheradio

Original Poster
Sorry, no.

Unless your luggage is small enough to fit into a "large" locker at the MK (17.5" x 12" x 16"), and unless your off-site hotel is conveniently between you and the airport (such that you could leave it with bell services there and pick it up en route to the airport) your best bet may be to rent a luggage locker at the Transportation and Ticket Center while you're visiting MK, and then take the bag with you to the airport o check.

This is great advice, and I appreciate you taking the time to offer an alternative. Have a nice day!

Weather_Lady

dreamfinder

While technically you aren't eligible for resort luggage check in, I do believe the consensus is that is you were to leave it with bell services at a resort hotel, and tip them appropriately that would be acceptable. Not sure if that has changed recently, but that is how it used to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom