Can a member of your party use your fast pass?

SleepyPuppy

Original Poster
We are taking our son, DIL and granddaughter for a visit this spring. We have room reservations, dining reservations and assorted other activities based on the amount of days prior to our visit.

My question is can I let my son or DIL use one of my fast pass reservations if I can’t use it? My wife and I are retired and the joy of this trip will be watching our granddaughter and DIL on their first ever visit. Due to mobility issues there are some things I choose not to do such as Space Mountain. We will soon be planning our attraction fast passes based on our dining and park itinerary. If I am able to donate my FP to my son or let him use my magic band for one of the major attractions it would be helpful to know prior to setting up our goals 60 days in advance. If this is not possible I can fast pass more senior friendly attractions.

If the magic bands are not linked to the owner by DNA how tightly is the use monitored?

Thanks to all for any help.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
When you scan, the CM can see the name associated with the band. That would be the only thing that I know of that might keep someone from just using a family members band.

WhatJaneSays

As long as you hand over your band to him all should be well. When the bands get scanned the "nickname" of the band is displayed on a monitor CMs can see but that is never an issue. 80% of the time the CMs are watching the lights on the tap pole thing.

Tom

Beta Return
As long as you're all touring the park together, yes. You have to give them your magic band, so you wouldn't be able to visit another park, buy things, or get into your room.

We just did this same thing this week. No hassle at all. They don't care who's using it.

RonAnnArbor

No problem. Make the fastpass on your MDE account, and just hand them the band at the entrance. They do not stop anyone if a name doesn't match a person. They don't care quite frankly, only that you have a valid fastpass. Families do this all the time.

Rob562

As long as you're all touring the park together, yes. You have to give them your magic band, so you wouldn't be able to visit another park, buy things, or get into your room.

That first part is the key. The person who owns the park ticket and FP+ reservation will have to have entered the park before the FP+ can be used. If grandma stays back at the hotel for the day, you can't use her FP+ reservations. But if she's there in the park with you, go right ahead.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
That first part is the key. The person who owns the park ticket and FP+ reservation will have to have entered the park before the FP+ can be used. If grandma stays back at the hotel for the day, you can't use her FP+ reservations. But if she's there in the park with you, go right ahead.

-Rob

Excellent emphasis on my comment. The Magic Band definitely has to be "activated" by entering the park (via the owner's biometrics) before any FP credentials will become active.

I've seen threads here and on other sites where people swear they've been able to trick the system, but I consider all of those instances to be coincidences, glitches, and loopholes specific to a set of circumstances.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I can confirm that my daughter and I had no problems using my sister and her husband's FP+ for being able to do a ride twice. Knowing how much she likes Star Tours, and not being interested in doing another ride while we did Star Tours, my sister suggested that I just make the FP+ for the four of us. As others have said, I think they look for whether the time is valid than the name.

JohnD

Yes, just hand your MB to the person who wants to use your FP+. It's no different than grabbing the whole paper FPs and handing them off to someone else. The reservation in the system is already made. Why should they care who uses it?

BAChicagoGal

Thanks for this answer. I was wondering about Everest at the AK. Not sure all seven of us will ride, and so a few of us can do repeat rides. We just need to switch the bands at the proper time. The rides never take that long anyhow, but we better make sure we arrive at the beginning of the hour window, and not at the end, so that the time does not elapse.

Ray3127

I had this same question today; my wife is pregnant so she will not be able to go with me and my son on a few of the coasters. SDMT, BTMRR, Tomorrowland Raceway, Splash Mountain, and the Barnstormer are the ones we want to go on that have a pregnancy advisory. Between me, my wife, and my son, we have 9 total FP selections. It would make the most sense to set up 6 of those for my son and I to use on the rides my wife cannot go on, then use the final 3 traditionally so we can each go on a quieter ride together (such as Jungle Cruise). I asked Disney about this, and here is their response:

FastPass+ eligibility is non transferable. You are able to book FastPass+ selections for your wife for other attractions during the times you and your son have your FastPass+ selections so she is able to enjoy a ride at the same time that you are!

This runs contrary to the advice posted on this forum. It is also kind of silly to think that my wife is going to go on attractions alone without the two of us.

So, would you advise that we set up the FP+ selections as I would like to, and simply switch bands a couple times? Could she simply scan her band and let one of us go in her place?

I sort of understand the policy, but I feel like I'm paying for 9 FP+ reservations when I buy the tickets, so I don't think it is an appropriate policy and don't believe it is 'cheating' if we try to work around it.

Comments and thoughts appreciated--thanks.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I had this same question today; my wife is pregnant so she will not be able to go with me and my son on a few of the coasters. SDMT, BTMRR, Tomorrowland Raceway, Splash Mountain, and the Barnstormer are the ones we want to go on that have a pregnancy advisory. Between me, my wife, and my son, we have 9 total FP selections. It would make the most sense to set up 6 of those for my son and I to use on the rides my wife cannot go on, then use the final 3 traditionally so we can each go on a quieter ride together (such as Jungle Cruise). I asked Disney about this, and here is there response:

FastPass+ eligibility is non transferable. You are able to book FastPass+ selections for your wife for other attractions during the times you and your son have your FastPass+ selections so she is able to enjoy a ride at the same time that you are!

This runs contrary to the advice posted on this forum. It is also kind of silly to think that my wife is going to go on attractions alone without the two of us.

So, would you advise that we set up the FP+ selections as I would like to, and simply switch bands a couple times? Could she simply scan her band and let one of us go in her place?

I sort of understand the policy, but I feel like I'm paying for 9 FP+ reservations when I buy the tickets, so I don't think it is an appropriate policy and don't believe it is 'cheating' if we try to work around it.

Comments and thoughts appreciated--thanks.
Welcome! Good first post.

Like many other things (line jumping, parking at resorts to visit parks, etc), Disney's policy is "no" but they seldom enforce it. Yes, it's their official position that bands are non-transferable if there's a ticket associated with them, but I can't see WDW suddenly cracking down on your family for doing what literally thousands of other families are doing/have done.

Kingoglow

Hi and welcome to the boards.

What you are suggesting is strictly against the Terms and Agreement that you agree to when booking a vacation. However, no one will stop you from doing what you are planning. The Cast Members will not question why a woman's name is popping up on their screen (I doubt that they look that closely) when using her magicband.

Many people on these (and other Disney) boards do this very thing on every vacation. I have never seen a report of anyone being denied entry. It seems help some families plan their trip better.

Just know that stuff like this (violating the T&C) can be contentious at times on message boards. Several of us do not do this because it seems wrong. Because you posted the question, a part of you knows that too. I try to be careful about what lessons I teach my child.

Have a great vacation!

JillC LI

My question is can I let my son or DIL use one of my fast pass reservations if I can’t use it?

I asked Disney about this, and here is there response:

The ethics of doing this has been debated ad nauseum on this forum, but I let my daughter borrow my magic band in AK in January, and she had no problem using the FP+ I'd booked myself for Everest. (I was in the park too.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom