Can a DVC Member check on availability for me?

Magical Dreamer

Original Poster
I'm considering renting points for our next stay, but wondering if the following are available before beginning a search for points.

BWV 2 bdrm 01/01/14 - 01/10/14

or

BWV 2 bdrm 01/07/14 - 01/17/14

Any help is appreciated.

tjkraz

See my other post for info on the first set of dates. Second set of dates has similar results with scattered nights unavailable.

Best availability would be 2B Pool / Garden View. However, as of this point in time there is no availability on the nights of 1/9 and 1/10.

cabscontrads

I'm considering renting points for our next stay, but wondering if the following are available before beginning a search for points.

BWV 2 bdrm 01/01/14 - 01/10/14

or

BWV 2 bdrm 01/07/14 - 01/17/14

Any help is appreciated.
Sorry, wish I could help you but nonBWV owners can't help you until June...
Good Luck;
Anna & Dennis

StarWarsGirl

Here, my family owns BWV and thankfully for you, I have the password to the account...;)

First dates:
Standard view: available the 4, 6, and 7, wait list for other days
Garden/pool view: available except for your first and last day
Boardwalk view: 4-7

Alternative offer: BCV has complete availability

Second dates:
Standard view: 7, 14-16
Garden/pool view: Complete availability except for the 9th and 10th
Boardwalk view: 7, 13-16

Alternatively, BCV has full availability.

Ralphlaw

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of staying from December 26 through Dec 31st (leaving on Jan 1st). My home resort is Baylake, which is booked solid, but I'm wondering if there would be any availability anywhere when the 7 month window hits later this month. I would prefer Boardwalk or Beach Club.

2nd question, could I, for example, book starting on Dec 24th or 25th, but then cancelling those earlier night(s) once my later nights were booked? If I could get away with that, I'll have the jump on the real nights I want to stay from the 26th onward.

tjkraz

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of staying from December 26 through Dec 31st (leaving on Jan 1st). My home resort is Baylake, which is booked solid, but I'm wondering if there would be any availability anywhere when the 7 month window hits later this month. I would prefer Boardwalk or Beach Club.

If there is nothing available for Bay Lake on those dates, BoardWalk and Beach Club are almost certainly full, too.

New Year's Eve reportedly has the highest demand for the entire year. Some scattered nights over that period may be available, but the odds of getting the entire period you seek are remote. Saratoga Springs (the largest resort) may have something available at 7 months, but even that won't last forever.

2nd question, could I, for example, book starting on Dec 24th or 25th, but then cancelling those earlier night(s) once my later nights were booked? If I could get away with that, I'll have the jump on the real nights I want to stay from the 26th onward.

You can try that but you're going to have just as much trouble starting a trip on 12/24 as 12/26, in my opinion.

Ralphlaw

So if I leave on Dec. 31st instead of Jan 1st, my chances will be much better?

Here's the thing, direct flights are available now, but I'm afraid they won't be on May 26th, when the 7 month window opens up. We fly out of Milwaukee, so direct flights are usually available, but they may dry up fast.

bigfun

would anyone be able to verify availability for the boardwalk for the month of march and april 2014? thank you in advance.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Pickings are pretty slim.

Standard
March 16, 29 April 8, 10, 11, 23, 26, 29
Pool
March 22, 25, 28, 29 April 11, 19-26, 29
Boardwalk
April 4, 26

Saratoga Springs has availability every day for both months.

Sarah Dibble

I am in the process of purchasing a DVC membership. I don't have a member ID yet so I cannot check availability. Would anyone be willing to check the Grand Floridian for any Sunday to Friday in October for a two bedroom villa for me?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I am in the process of purchasing a DVC membership. I don't have a member ID yet so I cannot check availability. Would anyone be willing to check the Grand Floridian for any Sunday to Friday in October for a two bedroom villa for me?
Since there are so few units, you really won't get anything if you aren't booking at 7 months, and even then, it will be hard. Here is availability during October for the standard view and lake view.
Lake View Standard View
2bdr-lake.jpg
2bdr-std.jpg

Sarah Dibble

Since there are so few units, you really won't get anything if you aren't booking at 7 months, and even then, it will be hard. Here is availability during October for the standard view and lake view.
Lake View Standard View
View attachment 100560 View attachment 100561
Thank you so much for checking for me. This might be more difficult than I thought. Since many of you have been doing the for awhile do you have any tips? Are some room sizes more readilly available than others or do you always have to book far in advance?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Thank you so much for checking for me. This might be more difficult than I thought. Since many of you have been doing the for awhile do you have any tips? Are some room sizes more readilly available than others or do you always have to book far in advance?
Well, for VGF you always have to book far in advance, and during certain times, may not get in at all unless you own there. The resort only has so many units, and they all fill up quickly. DVC is really for those that can plan months in advance. Many of the other resorts are similar. You would be hard pressed to get anything at BCV or BWV during either F&G or F&W. Way too popular.

The 1 bedroom units seem to be the last to fill up at most resorts. The 3 bedroom GVs go very quickly, since there are so few of them.

In checking, there are almost no 2 bedroom units available for any Sun-Fri in October. The only thing available is a 2 bedroom at SSR, and that's only completely available the last week of Oct. The first 3 have days with no availability during the week.

So you really need to buy where you want to stay the most, since you have the 11 month window, but you can switch at the 7 month window to a different resort, if available, but you really need to do that on the 7 month day to get the best chance, and even then, you may not if it is a busy or popular time of the year. We travel at the slower times for the most part, and pretty much get what we want, though we haven't always.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom