Camping at Fort Wilderness

Disney.Mike

Original Poster
When I say camping, I mean the RV/5th wheel/ Travel Trailer camping, not tent... I havent stayed at FW at all, but recently bought at 32 ft TT that sleeps 8. For the people that have camped here, is it worth it? I've mostly stayed in Moderates before. Has anyone ran the numbers for a campsite vs a room at sleeps 6 with the dining plan or the 25% rack rate discount?

Thanks for the insight.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Your options for a single room that sleep 6 will be few and expensive making using the camper for $100 or less per night the least expensive option. Even 2 rooms at a value will be nearly double that under the best of circumstances.

About the only thing that might offset it would be the travel cost as your fuel economy towing a 32' TT at best might hit 2 digits.

Disney.Mike

Original Poster
Thats what I was thinking, I was assuming a family suite at All starts would be around 280-300, A0A 300-320 and cabins would be 350ish. That sound about right?

I wouldnt need the dining plan, but would considering the quick service for 2 quick meals in the park, other meal would either be cooked at camper or a signature dining deal... havent decided.

I was hoping someone would have ran the numbers with the resorts offering free dining as we would have 6 in our party.

I will say, I've been impressed with the towing FE of the new Titan XDs with the Cummins. has been getting 12-13 while towing a 10k load, if I dont use the TT i would rent a minivan from so the rental cost would make the transit cost a wash anyway.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have always found breakfast to be one of the better meals to prepare in house.

It is cheep and easy to make and since you are not waiting for a restaurant to open you can make it to the parks before rope drop fairly easy. You also are not missing out much in the way of special food items as nearly every place serves the same breakfast items.

As long as you go to Kona Cafe once, you are pretty much covered on the best Disney has to offer for breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom