Cameron has given the OK ...

Dizmentia

Thanks for posting the wdwfanboys proposed Pandora attraction roster link, RSoxNo1. It all sounds good to me. Anything indoors at Animal Kingdom is a plus.

I wonder if the motorbike coaster gets cut not only for the cost and its lower capacity, but also the fact that the World of Avatar will probably get cloned for Shanghai (which will already have a Tron motorbike coaster).

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just an additional point or two...

The plans for the basic buildings and ride systems seem to be pretty firmly in place as of about two weeks ago.
However, beyond that, the rest of Pandora is still "Under Development". This coming over a year after the initial agreement. So, there is still much design work to be done.

From what I'm hearing, the project has been moving at a snails pace (at best) up until now. Something happened that broke the stalemate. If I had to guess, they managed to get to an agreement to bump the coaster to Phase 2. But, that's just a guess.

Also, I don't look at the E as Soarin 2.0. The layout is reminding me of some descriptions I've heard for Iron Man at DL. Could they be using the same system? Perhaps.

It's been a fun couple of days watching this stuff start moving.

We know that Phase II's never happen. Have you heard one peep about DCA's Phase II? It isn't like the park is all fixed now despite the great new things in it. (naturally, not one social media asked 'bout that at the junket in June).

I am strongly of the belief that said ride system will be used in Anaheim and HK as well as DAK, with three different attractions. But we'll see ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Thanks for posting the wdwfanboys proposed Pandora attraction roster link, RSoxNo1. It all sounds good to me. Anything indoors at Animal Kingdom is a plus.

I wonder if the motorbike coaster gets cut not only for the cost and its lower capacity, but also the fact that the World of Avatar will probably get cloned for Shanghai (which will already have a Tron motorbike coaster).

Lee

Adventurer
Don't look at the coaster as cut, since it was never (to my knowledge) officially part of the plan. Cameron liked the idea, a lot, but it was never a sure thing.

As was said above, an agreement on the roster appears to have been reached just now. Wait until work starts before it is considered a 100% sure thing. It took them this long to get a basic attraction deal. The rest of it could take just as long.

DznyRktekt

Why do you think this makes it more of a likelihood? Just because they'll have more money available because rather than building a new ride, they are just repurposing I assume?

I was hoping that with no R&D required for Soarin' over Pandora, they could use the money to wow now with the coaster and plus later with Soarin'.

John

Don't look at the coaster as cut, since it was never (to my knowledge) officially part of the plan. Cameron liked the idea, a lot, but it was never a sure thing.

As was said above, an agreement on the roster appears to have been reached just now. Wait until work starts before it is considered a 100% sure thing. It took them this long to get a basic attraction deal. The rest of it could take just as long.

Let me get this straight.......we have an attraction roster deal?.....an agreement? but hasnt been actually green lit?

TalkingHead

I am strongly of the belief that said ride system will be used in Anaheim and HK as well as DAK, with three different attractions. But we'll see ...

Just hope it's a significant upgrade over Soarin'. With every Hollywood blockbuster released in 3D IMAX, 2D Soarin' really isn't all that impressive anymore. (Not that it ever was to begin with...)

But hopefully the centerpiece E-ticket is something finally to be excited about.

Taylor

Just an additional point or two...

The plans for the basic buildings and ride systems seem to be pretty firmly in place as of about two weeks ago.
However, beyond that, the rest of Pandora is still "Under Development". This coming over a year after the initial agreement. So, there is still much design work to be done.

From what I'm hearing, the project has been moving at a snails pace (at best) up until now. Something happened that broke the stalemate. If I had to guess, they managed to get to an agreement to bump the coaster to Phase 2. But, that's just a guess.

Also, I don't look at the E as Soarin 2.0. The layout is reminding me of some descriptions I've heard for Iron Man at DL. Could they be using the same system? Perhaps.

It's been a fun couple of days watching this stuff start moving.
Lee do you think they are going to add to AK and DHS at the same time?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Let me get this straight.......we have an attraction roster deal?.....an agreement? but hasnt been actually green lit?

The attractions are always the most important part of the menu ... like the entrees. ... Stuff like entertainment, retail and dining can follow later.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just hope it's a significant upgrade over Soarin'. With every Hollywood blockbuster released in 3D IMAX, 2D Soarin' really isn't all that impressive anymore. (Not that it ever was to begin with...)

But hopefully the centerpiece E-ticket is something finally to be excited about.

I believe this will have far less in common with Soarin than WDI originally planned.
I also believe that anything Cameron OK'd as centerpiece of the new land will be impressive. He's just as demanding as Rowling, just a bit more of a sociopath.

DznyRktekt

The attractions are always the most important part of the menu ... like the entrees. ... Stuff like entertainment, retail and dining can follow later.

Are they considering attractions like a spinner or Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, or is this to be an immersive/realistic environment?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom