camera help and advice please!!! TY ;)

thomas998

As one of the previous posters mentioned, you can go deep down the rabbit hole in term of cost. I went in on a nice APS-C (crop sensor) Canon with a couple of nice lenses and often found that I preferred my iPhone photos (I like the focus sharp and it's easy to get things out of focus if you've a large aperture). Granted, many of these are of moving family on moving rides, but still....

I've doubled down and love my L-lenses on my full frame camera and treasure the results, but $$$

Don't be surprised if you find that you iPhone is still your go-to.

To be honest for a lot of people an iPhone is probably their best bet for a camera. Especially if most of their photos are taken in daylight or reasonably bright light. The real advantage of the higher end cameras is in catching the difficult shots, but the trade off is the user has to commit to learning how to use the camera... Otherwise it wouldn't matter if you gave some people a Nikon D4 and the most expensive lens in the lineup... if the user wasn't willing to spend some time learning the camera the shots will be no better than shots from an iPhone and quite possibly worse.

I agree. Hauling my DLSR around when just trying to enjoy the day isn't fun. Sometimes the iPhone and a little editing magic after i get home is just as good. Night-time shooting excluded. then the DLSR is a must :)

afb28

I agree. Hauling my DLSR around when just trying to enjoy the day isn't fun. Sometimes the iPhone and a little editing magic after i get home is just as good. Night-time shooting excluded. then the DLSR is a must :)
This is just never going to be true and I'm not sure why people perpetuate this statement.

fractal

Get a mirrorless for the best of both worlds. DSLR are becoming dinosaurs with the only advantages over a mirrorless are in situations that you would not normally get at WDW. Unless you think a professional sports event is going to break out, why would you lug around that gear for an entire week in a hot,humid (but magical) swamp?

WillCAD

Get a mirrorless for the best of both worlds. DSLR are becoming dinosaurs with the only advantages over a mirrorless are in situations that you would not normally get at WDW. Unless you think a professional sports event is going to break out, why would you lug around that gear for an entire week in a hot,humid (but magical) swamp?

Situationaly maybe mirrorless are equal to DSLRs, but there is one thing I have yet to see on a mirrorless, and that's a viewfinder. Not even an EVF. Shooting in sunlight is darn near impossible on an LCD, not to mention the difference in grip and lack of stability from holding the camera out in front of your face instead of braced against your eye. I get better shots from my DSLR, not because of the mirror, but because of the superior ergonomics.

In fact, I get better shots with my inexpensive bridge camera - which is mirrorless - than any LCD-only camera I've ever seen, no matter how good.

fractal

Situationaly maybe mirrorless are equal to DSLRs, but there is one thing I have yet to see on a mirrorless, and that's a viewfinder. Not even an EVF. Shooting in sunlight is darn near impossible on an LCD, not to mention the difference in grip and lack of stability from holding the camera out in front of your face instead of braced against your eye. I get better shots from my DSLR, not because of the mirror, but because of the superior ergonomics.

In fact, I get better shots with my inexpensive bridge camera - which is mirrorless - than any LCD-only camera I've ever seen, no matter how good.

Yeah, in bright sunlight I use my EVF. If not I'm prone to make mistakes. Some people prefer an OVF - some prefer an EVF. After using the EVF on my NEX-7 I won't go back to an OVF.

thomas998

This is just never going to be true and I'm not sure why people perpetuate this statement.
Its true for some people. You have to remember that the level of detail in a photo and how much is enough is subjective and some people are happy with iphone quality photos. Even more true if you only intend to print small photos and never blow anything up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom