camera and lens rentals...

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
Have you guys ever rented lenses or camera bodies from any place in Orlando on a trip to the world? A close friend was asking me about it tonight. I've checked out borrowedlenses online, and have seen a couple different rental stores in the Orlando area, but is it a decent deal to rent gear or is it over priced?

PhotoDave219

Have you guys ever rented lenses or camera bodies from any place in Orlando on a trip to the world? A close friend was asking me about it tonight. I've checked out borrowedlenses online, and have seen a couple different rental stores in the Orlando area, but is it a decent deal to rent gear or is it over priced?

Ive used The Lens Pal in Winter Garden with good results. Tho I miss his 500.

PhotoDave219

Thank you @PhotoDave219. I've been meaning to tell you, your account on instagram is one of the only ones I enjoy seeing in my feed. Great pics!

Thanks.

Anyways, I'm all about renting gear. Especially if you're debating purchasing that camera. Gotta try it out before a $1000+ purchase.

As for vacation? Probably the best time to try. Just make sure to take the extra insurance

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
Is lens pal only in winter park? I remember reading about one in Kissimmee, but don't remember the name of it. My buddy is just looking to rent something mid level and a decent vacation lens. He didn't have a preference on brand. I also am going to look at renting some equipment to use with my d90 on my next trip.

PhotoDave219

Is lens pal only in winter park? I remember reading about one in Kissimmee, but don't remember the name of it. My buddy is just looking to rent something mid level and a decent vacation lens. He didn't have a preference on brand. I also am going to look at renting some equipment to use with my d90 on my next trip.

Yes he is. LensRentals.Com & BorrowLenses are a little pricey but I've used borrowlenses without any issue. Good customer service. I'd shop around at first. I believe you could have the stuff shipped to the hotel on property if you make the correct arrangements. I'd double check that of course.

afb28

I've used https://thelensdepot.com multiple times for weddings and they have been great. They have a location near Oviedo/Casselberry which is not exactly next to property. As I live near there it is the best option for me since I don't have to worry about the shipping costs that comes with renting gear.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
Thanks Dave. I'm sending him the info you have given me. Do the local stores rent tripods, & external flashes as well? I'll probably seek the local places my self. I'm not sure what my buddy Doug is going to do. He is in Colorado...he was amazed places that rent gear are available. He shoots for a small company in Estes Park and owns none of his own stuff, yet. I think he is going to try stuff out to buy too on his coming disney/uni/seaworld trip!

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
@afb28 Will also check it out! How far is that location from property? Doug will be at port orleans riverside. I usually stay in apopka. Not sure if he will have a car..so he is looking at both shipping and local options.

TrolleyFollower91

I've used Kingdom Camera Rentals in the past. Their inventory is not as big as other companies, but they are so friendly. They drop off and pick up the lenses at your resort and are always on time. I've done a split stay, where they've dropped it with me at one resort and picked it up at another without any problem.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
You guys are great. I'm going to have check prices out...but, just from browsing...kingdom had a good deal for packages. 140 for a week seems reasonable able. 5300, 18-200 lens, two batteries, two cards (I have a ton of sd cards) and a bag. For an enthusiast just taking family photos...decent right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom