Calling All Who Framed Roger Rabbit Fans - Plot Questions

mickEblu

Original Poster
So I just re watched my favorite childhood movie for the second time in my adult life and I have a few plot points that are killing me and I cant seem to come up with the answers. Its amazing all of the plot you miss when you re a kid and I actually appreciate the film more as an adult. (Bob Hoskins performance is genius). I was hoping someone on these boards may be able to help with my questions below:

(if any of you know of a better website to post these types of questions, I would appreciate it)

1. What are R K Maroons intentions with the will when Eddie visits his studio with Roger that night? Why does he say he doesn't want to see the 'toons destroyed'?

Is this just a situation where he wanted to have his cake and eat it too? Blackmail Marvin Acme so he can sell his studio to Cloverleaf / Doom and make money but at the same time save the Toons by coming up with the will?

2. Why does Cloverleaf / Doom need to buy both Maroon and Acmes studios together?

Doom kills Marvin Acme so he can dispose of the will and purchase Toontown but owning the studios have nothing to do with this. I understand the the studio properties were valuable to Doom as they border Toontown but it still doesn't explain why both have to be sold together. Unless Cloverleaf / Doom created this contingency so that Maroon would blackmail Acme to set up framing Roger Rabbit for the murder. This seems like a stretch though. This seems like a really loose plot point thats kind of left to our imagination.

3. When Eddie is at the movie theater he sees the news real of Maroon making the deal with Cloverleaf. True, Doom owns Cloverleaf so he could have completely disregarded the contingency of having to purchase Acme and Maroons studios together. Especially if my answer for # 2 above is correct. Or are we to assume that he was able to purchase Acme's studio in under 24 hours because Acme is dead? In a movie where cartoons and movies coexist I'm willing to overlook the timeline but im left wondering if he did indeed somehow purchases Acmes studio. Or is this another plot point left unexplained and to our imagination?

4. Are we to assume that Acme has no living relatives thereby allowing Doom/ Clover leaf to bid on Toontown from the State?

Anyway I realize I may be thinking about this way too hard. Its pretty much the first time REALLY watching this movie as an adult and I have to say it really holds up and its probably in my top 5 favorite movies all time. I realize most of you wont even get to the end of this post. @Kira Nerys , help me out. I know you're a Roger fan.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom