Calling all Imagineers!

Chad

Original Poster
Hey Everyone! SOJI (Society of Junior Imagineers) Has officially launched and is ready for all you imaginative, creative, and clever thinkers and artists to come and fuel it! We are currently voting, with no specific deadline (until I get 6 members, 5+me), then voting will end in 5 days after I reach the quota. Tell you friends! Tell you family! Come and share in the fun and magic!

Go here~~> http://soji0.tripod.com/SOJI :sohappy:

Moderator of SOJI

Chad Roberts

space*mt*ranger

i would love to work on this project but unfortunatley i will not be able to get to my computer for about a month so good luck,maybe i could work on it when i get back, bye :(

cookiee_munster

can i work.......

OK..... Can i join. But! i won't be able to work everyday cus of 6th form and PRESSURE! and i haven't got a scanner..... thats about everything said. I'm good at coming up with stuff like rides. I think everything through first :slurp:

DisJosh

Anyone is welcome! If you guys cant work on it all the time thats fine.......Im a computer junky so I'm on all the time. If you dont have a scanner thats fine just submit your ideas. I cant wait to get started on concept art.

BTW chad, I dont know if you or any of the other guys are into the concept art part.........but I really get stumped with ideas so I would be happy to put anybodys ideas on paper. I can do finished work and sketch stuff.....or you guys can send me the sketched stuff and I'll put it into finished form for say a story board of the park that we could put up on the site. Dont get me wrong I have my own ideas but they are limited...they are more in the theming department than actual ride design. I've really been brainstorming for exterior theming in the park!:D

Chad

Original Poster
YES! All of you are welcome! You don't need to work on it everyday, just like, a few hours every 5 days would be fine! And Concept art is soemthign I can do, but not nearly as good as a true artist, so DisJosh, You would be VERY helpful!

disney2b

are you guys really imagineers or just wanabe's like me. I really like to think of ideas and plan them. I really want to be a model builder at disney. I'm only 19 but i plan to make it to florida next year. another quetions is this just for fun or is it serious. hope you dont mind if i join. I'm the one that is currently design a small scale working roller coaster.

Chad

Original Poster
Well, we're all Imagineers in our own mind, but in reality, nah...

Your help would be GREATLY appreciated, you would almost be like the last piece in a puzzle. We have CAD operators, artists, and the thinkers, but we have yet to come across a Model builder!

Yes, of course you can join! We are in no way exclusive (Unless you get unruly.) And would love to have you jump aboard.

Yes, this is just for fun, but alot of the ideas you draw/model/design could be put in a portfolio for the future, so join in! What do you have to lose?

disney2b

hey it looks like we got 6 already this looks fun, but with some work. Member list so far
Chad manager
DisJosh member
disney2b
Monorail Black
WDW-Imagineer
WeirdOne

DisJosh

Glad to have ya aboard disney2b. I'm also seriously considering my future career to be with WDI. Are you in college right now? If so what are you majoring in? WDI accepts all sorts of pple to do all sorts of things......I'm sure you've heard but if you havent there is an imagineeriing internship available, its very hard to get into but its worth a try. Participating in a program like the WDW college program multiple times would increase your chances of getting into the internship.........I sugest you check some of those options out if you havent already. I'm working hard to get to where I would like to be in the Disney company and I've done my research......its great to know that others have the same goals and dreams as me.

Chad

Original Poster
Since you guys are older then me, be sure to put in the good word when you're hired :)

Anyways, we reached the 6 people quota, and now we will end the vote on the 7th, so we can get started.

disney2b

hey DisJosh
yeah i'm in college. planning to transfer to valencia in the fall to major in landscaping. but i really want to be an imagineer. maybe a model builder or something. but my major right now is lanscaping.

DisJosh

Landscaping will land you a great job with WDI! Consider the wdwCP though.......it gives you a big step up when trying for that imagineering internship! I hope to be attending Ringling school of art in Sarrasota next fall. I want to major in illustration.......hopefully all goes well.

Disney Kid, go to the link in my sig an go to the SOJI planning site there you will find the thread concerning the vote.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom