California Grill Question

KrazyKemp

Original Poster
I was reading the 2007 edition of The Unofficial Guide to WDW and came across this little section about a dress code for certain restaurants:

The Unofficial Guide To Walt Disney World 2007 said:
Dress is informal at al theme park restaurants, but in 2005 Disney instituted a "business casual" dress code for some of its resort restaurants: dress slacks (or dress shorts) with a collared shirt for men. And jeans, skirts, or dress shorts with a blouse or sweater (or a dress) for women. Restaurants with this new dress code are Jiko, Flying Fish Cafe, the California Grill, Citricos, Narcoossee's, Artist Point, and the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

I have a reservation during my upcoming trip for the California Grill, and I was wondering if they were enforcing this rule? I hadn't really planned on bringing any dressy clothes...

BRER STITCH

YES!

Basically, they are trying to keep the dining experience "Special" at these restaurants. There are tons of casual places throught the property, but these are a tad more upscale. I applaud them for trying to clean it up! :sohappy:

By that....seriously....they mean no bathing suits, cutoffs, tank and tube tops, or other beach wear. A nice pair of Khaki shorts and a clean Golf Shirt is fine, but feel free to wear nice Dockers-style pants and a nice button down collar shirt. That's as "dressy" as it gets. (They are not talking about suits or tuxes, for sure, but you just might see some! Jackets are still required at Victoria and Alberts, I believe.)

The idea is simply to keep the dining experience "special" for all diners and help differentiate between those meals and all the other theme parks meals.
The extra shirt and pants wont take up that much room in your bag! :animwink:

You're gonna love Californa Grill!

ENJOY!!!

:slurp:

dox

That is correct. I just ate dinner there this past monday night. (more on that later - I'm working on my first ever trip report) The majority of all the men were dressed in shorts and short sleeve shirts or polo shirts. Many men were also wearing sneakers, flip flops and sandals. What they want to avoid is bathing suit attire (tshirts, gym wear, tank tops, bathing suit type shorts, etc.) and people eating dinner there straight from the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom