California Grill or Oustide the Castle?

domy6

Original Poster
Hi all,

So I had a pretty clear plan in my head but now doubting myself so would be good to see what you guys think

Me and my GF fly out to Florida in 6 weeks. Our first day we're going to Magic Kingdom. I've booked Cinderella's Royal table for breakfast - she doesn't know, and i don't even think she knows you can eat in there!

Anyway... my plan was to surprise her with that... she'll be on a massive high and then go back out the castle and do the classic proposal out the front after making sure a photographer is aware and has a large tip!

I also have a reservation at California Grill that night - again a surprise - and i've read a lot about how good that is during wishes. That was just going to be a celebration dinner and end to a great day but I'm now doubting the castle and thinking this might be a nicer place to propose?

Any advice from people who have been to these places before would be great!

Also, a couple of other questions

1) is there anything you'd recommend doing after breakfast and the castle? I've not planned anything between then and dinner to be honest! and not sure what would be nice straight after a proposal? maybe boat cruise or something?

2) is it worth getting any of the dream maker gifts or anything else? they seem a rip off!!

Thanks for your help guys :)

reptar77

For the proposal I would do the classic castle proposal, you can get a photo pass photographer to take pics. The Cal grill is awesome but it maybe a little awkward proposing while people are eating dinner pretty close around you. You could always propose outside on the fireworks viewing area, just be aware it is windy.
I never really cared for the dream maker gifts, they are to expensive for what you get.

Make sure you get your just engaged pins.

copcarguyp71

CG is nice to do once but if it is the only time you are viewing wishes on your trip I recommend viewing from the central hub. The view from CG throws the perspective totally off and it is readily apparent that the fireworks actually go off far behind the castle but when viewed from in front of the castle the impact is much better IMO.

We did CG once for wishes but honestly would probably not bother doing it again especially since the reservation time fills up so quickly.

jtread4

I was actually faced with a similar decision earlier this summer. I decided to do it in front of the Castle. It worked out perfectly as there happened to be two photographers there, so we were able to get two different camera angles from the professionals at Disney. We had dinner at California Grill that night and were treated to a window table and a complimentary dessert. Just tell the photographer at the Castle (if that is your choice) to not stop taking pictures and they will have an idea about what is coming. Also, be sure you get your buttons before you go to dinner! We got ours from a man at the Emporium. Above all though, just soak it in and enjoy it. Most of the remainder of our trip, I was still thrown off sometimes when people would say Congratulations. I had also planned on doing the Dream Maker gifts, but decided against it. If you have the money to do those, think about doing the Memory Maker instead and take a lot of pictures throughout the trip.

domy6

Original Poster
thanks... sounds like you've gone through exactly what I'm going through then! I think i'm going to do the same, and thanks for the advice on the Memory Maker - i saw that, and although slightly expensive i think its a good idea!

Thanks again for the advice :)

R W B

I popped the question to my fiancé right at the Rose Garden entrance with the castle lit up with Xmas decorations last December, sadly that spot no longer will exist so my vote is for the classic castle proposal. CG is very nice but like mentioned above very crowded so I wouldn't do it there.

As far as what to do after the proposal? I'd leave that up to her? After calling and telling everyone my fiancé wanted to go ride her favorite rides to make them extra special she said lol.

alissafalco

I love your original plan stick with that. Go on the rides and enjoy the park in between the proposal and dinner. Enjoy, good luck you will have a great time!

TXDisney

If you have extra $$$ I recommend doing a proposal on a private boat ride in front of MK during wishes. It's pricey, but will sweep her off her feet.

DizneyPryncess

I like your original plan. That way you'll both be so excited all day about your new engagement, and you'll have an even better day than you could have planned. I would just have a great day being in the MK together after the proposal. Maybe go buy the bride & groom mouse ears, or get some "Just Engaged" buttons from City Hall to wear throughout the rest of the day! Dinner that night will be an extra special celebration too. It just sounds like a perfect day. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom