Cali Grill-what time ressies

mrsmtc

Original Poster
Do you get a MK view from anywhere you are seated? Is it true if you eat earlier you can come back to watch the fireworks? Just trying to figure out what time ressies should be made as Wishes is at 8.

Thanks!

Sweet Melissa

Many seats have no view of the Magic Kingdom. In the past, people who dine earlier in the evening have been allowed to come back later to watch fireworks from the observation deck. There's nothing to suggest that practice won't continue when the restaurant reopens. Personally, I don't care for that vantage point for fireworks, but I guess it's something you have to experience once.

HouCuseChickie

Assuming the place maintains most of it's core configuration (i.e. an L shape with different style seating/tables & seating patterns)...the vertical part of the L faces towards MK and the tables right at or closer to the windows will have the best views. The horizontal part of the L didn't really have much in the way of views. We sat 1 row off the windows in the vertical part of the L one time and could see the castle and had a great view...last time we sat in the horizontal part of the L and opted for the deck to watch fireworks.

Previously, you could head back up for fireworks if you dined there earlier. Timing an ADR to coincide with fireworks can be tricky since you never know if there will be a wait and how long your meal might take. We had a 7:55pm ADR one time w/fireworks at 10pm and we were being served dessert just as the lights dimmed. Last trip we had a 7:45pm ADR with fireworks at 9:30pm and we had just finished dessert as the lights were going down.

As @Sweet Melissa - it's not the best vantage point to get the full effect of the show, but in the same sense...I still think it's kind of cool to be up there if you want to try Wishes from a different spot.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Many seats have no view of the Magic Kingdom. In the past, people who dine earlier in the evening have been allowed to come back later to watch fireworks from the observation deck. There's nothing to suggest that practice won't continue when the restaurant reopens. Personally, I don't care for that vantage point for fireworks, but I guess it's something you have to experience once.
THIS
That's exactly what I am wondering about....to us the menu is just ok, not sure I want to spend that much $ when we can see fireworks from elsewhere.
Don't do it just for the 'works. If you're not digging that menu it definitely will not be worth it for the view. I will say this though, that they make some of the best dishes on property, so no matter how the menu "looks" to you the taste is not likely to disappoint! So if you do decide to eat there you'll have had a great meal and the fireworks with the unique (if not great) vantage point will be the icing on the cake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom