Cali Grill or Le Cellier?

Emadsen

Original Poster
So I've narrowed down to either Cali Grill or Le Cellier for our winter trip this year and I am absolutely torn between the two. We've never done a signature dining experience. Le Cellier has been a bucket list restaurant for me for a long time, but I'm also liking the idea of a later reservation at Cali Grill for the fireworks. I'd love to know any thoughts or opinions on the two please.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We love both and have to do both every trip. I could't choose between them. They are different. Can't go wrong with either of them though. Look at the menus abd see what appeals to you most. Also do note Cali Grills menu does change more often than Le Cellier so something you see you may want to try could not be there when you go. ;)

Last edited:

Disney4family

If this were asked pre-DDP, it would have possibly taken a second to answer - in terms of the meal.
Now - definitely Cali Grill.
As people have stated above, the meal, the view and the freshly showered, deodorized, nicely dressed Guests make for a special dining experience.
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=88&title=le-cellier-lunch-dinner&cat=34
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=162&title=california-grill&cat=43
images
vs
upload_2017-3-26_19-46-7.jpeg

matt9112

If this were asked pre-DDP, it would have possibly taken a second to answer - in terms of the meal.
Now - definitely Cali Grill.
As people have stated above, the meal, the view and the freshly showered, deodorized, nicely dressed Guests make for a special dining experience.
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=88&title=le-cellier-lunch-dinner&cat=34
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=162&title=california-grill&cat=43
images
vs View attachment 196284

Oh boy wait till I get to cali grill!!! Going to wear a fany pack and some goofey hat and drip flops.

Kidding....side note do they even enforce the dress code?

Disney4family

Oh boy wait till I get to cali grill!!! Going to wear a fany pack and some goofey hat and drip flops.

I think others have talked about that here before. I haven't been there as much as others so I couldn't really say.
We mostly saw people who were dressed nicely in a casual way. There were a few who looked like they just walked out of the parks, but technically they weren't breaking the dress code of no tank tops, swimsuits, cut-offs, torn clothing, or offensive sayings on t-shirts. They were just very casual in t-shirts, sneakers and shorts.
We don't have the opportunity to enjoy such a dining experience that often at WDW so we had fun dressing up a bit in a casual but nice way. In our minds, it added a little pixie dust to the magical experience. To each his own.

matt9112

I think others have talked about that here before. I haven't been there as much as others so I couldn't really say.
We mostly saw people who were dressed nicely in a casual way. There were a few who looked like they just walked out of the parks, but technically they weren't breaking the dress code of no tank tops, swimsuits, cut-offs, torn clothing, or offensive sayings on t-shirts. They were just very casual in t-shirts, sneakers and shorts.
We don't have the opportunity to enjoy such a dining experience that often at WDW so we had fun dressing up a bit in a casual but nice way. In our minds, it added a little pixie dust to the magical experience. To each his own.

True sadly most of my amazing dining experiences have been on the backs of free dining offer. :(

Epcotfan21

Like others have said, it's a different experience and a difficult choice. For us, Le Cellier is the one place that's an absolute must for us on each visit because the food is consistently amazing, but I probably wouldn't categorize the overall experience as magical. California Grill on the other hand has great food, amazing views and wonderful service. If you want that WOW moment, I'd say go with CG.

belledream

Haha! They don't seem to really, but I wouldn't take any chances looking like a slob. Most people we saw were actually pretty cleaned up in polos/dresses or blouses. I wore a maxi dress with flip flops and felt just fine. I enjoy dressing up and taking part in the occasion, but I wouldn't let other people's appearances around me ruin the experience!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Haha! They don't seem to really, but I wouldn't take any chances looking like a slob. Most people we saw were actually pretty cleaned up in polos/dresses or blouses. I wore a maxi dress with flip flops and felt just fine. I enjoy dressing up and taking part in the occasion, but I wouldn't let other people's appearances around me ruin the experience!

Agree you dont want to go like a slob. lol! In the official dress code shorts and jeans can be worn. We see many in park clothes to dressy clothes every time. WDW signature restaurants are more laxed than nice non Disney restaurants. We have dressed up but felt overdressed. Lol We now wear jeans usually and varying types of shirts/tops and shoes depending on our mood and if we came straight from a park etc or not, and don't feel out of place at all at any of the signatures. We dine at several in park and resort signatures every trip. We go Oct-Dec so our park attire is usually within the dress code. We still see many much more underdressed than even us. The only place that enforces a strict dress code is Victoria's and Albert's. ;)

Last edited:

Phonedave

Lets eee ...

Decent food, some dishes actually standout, served in a relaxed yet refined atmosphere, with a wonderful view, and a very good wait staff.

or

Overhyped low quality cuts of beef, "smotherd" in things to give them some sort of taste, served in a dark, crowded hole, by a decent wait staff when they are not being pushed to turn over tables as quickly as possible.

Cali Grill

Hockey89

Lets eee ...

Decent food, some dishes actually standout, served in a relaxed yet refined atmosphere, with a wonderful view, and a very good wait staff.

or

Overhyped low quality cuts of beef, "smotherd" in things to give them some sort of taste, served in a dark, crowded hole, by a decent wait staff when they are not being pushed to turn over tables as quickly as possible.

Cali Grill
No sure it's "relaxed" anymore, but yeah there is no choice between the two... Cali Grill

contrariwise

I would base it on itinerary.

We've had good dishes in both, and so-so dishes in both. I find service to be good in both, with the edge given to Cali Grill for more polish. I prefer the setting at Cali.

I don't recall being put off by other guests in either location. We don't typically visit WDW at warm times, so we have not been offended by another guest's odor. Honestly, that never even occurred to me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom