Cabana question

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I've never rented a cabana on Castaway Cay, but plan to on our next cruise (which is not until next April :arghh: :bawling::cry: ). I think I read in another thread that there's a limit on the number of people in the cabana. Is that right? And what's the number? Can you pay extra for extra people?

MaryJaneP

Chuck, found this elsewhere and pass it along fwiw. Not sure how old prices are or if occupancy limits have changed, but it may have been accurate at one time.

Private Beach Cabanas

Castaway Cay offers guests the luxury of renting one of 20 private cabanas. These 325-square-foot cabanas are divided between Castaway Family Beach and Serenity Bay Beach. On the family beach, the cabanas are located on the far side of the beach, offering a little more seclusion, along with a great view of the ship from the cabana's front deck.

Cabanas are furnished with cushioned chairs, chaise lounges, side tables and a dining table. Also included are a refrigerator, lockable storage unit, outside fresh water shower and a shaded deck. When you rent a beach cabana, you will receive non-alcoholic beverages, suntan lotion and towels. Other packages with special services, food and beverage options are available. For an additional fee, guests can also reserve the services of a private cabana host.

Cabanas can be reserved online ahead of time or at the Port Adventures desk while onboard the ship. They will hold a maximum of 6 guests. On the Family Beach, they can be rented for $549 per day.

The Serenity Bay Beach cabanas are $399.

A Grand Family Cabana is available and can hold up to 16 guests. The price for 10 guests is $966.43, but 6 more can be added for $53.75 per person. This cannot be booked online.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
According to the handed we just got on board a few days ago: Serenity Bay capacity is 4 people, and at the family beach Grand Family is 10 and regular family is 6 people. Additional people can be added for $50 each with SB and regular family capped at 10 people and Grand Family at 16.

Hubby and I were lucky enough to snag one for Serenity Bay on the cruise we just had (June 25th Double Dip) and it was amazing. I was amazed that I got one and I think it was just a fluke. I got it as a silver member at 6 pm the day that I could start booking activities. I was skeptical about the cabana and if it would be worth the money but it was lovely having shade and a private quiet space all day and the ceiling fan kept the area cool. The chairs were very comfortable, many naps were had that day. My only peeve was our hammock was never in shade, I probably should have asked if a beach umbrella could have been brought over to provide shade for it. If the opportunity arises I would book one again. Have fun!

EOD K9

According to the handed we just got on board a few days ago: Serenity Bay capacity is 4 people, and at the family beach Grand Family is 10 and regular family is 6 people. Additional people can be added for $50 each with SB and regular family capped at 10 people and Grand Family at 16.

Hubby and I were lucky enough to snag one for Serenity Bay on the cruise we just had (June 25th Double Dip) and it was amazing. I was amazed that I got one and I think it was just a fluke. I got it as a silver member at 6 pm the day that I could start booking activities. I was skeptical about the cabana and if it would be worth the money but it was lovely having shade and a private quiet space all day and the ceiling fan kept the area cool. The chairs were very comfortable, many naps were had that day. My only peeve was our hammock was never in shade, I probably should have asked if a beach umbrella could have been brought over to provide shade for it. If the opportunity arises I would book one again. Have fun!
I was on the same one and was able to see availability for SB as well. We didn't book it as we had two little ones with us. I would have rather had one on the family beach as a base of operations. I'm glad you were able to snag one though. We've tried several times. Maybe on our next one in March. BTW, the weather in Nassau was horrible that day.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was on the same one and was able to see availability for SB as well. We didn't book it as we had two little ones with us. I would have rather had one on the family beach as a base of operations. I'm glad you were able to snag one though. We've tried several times. Maybe on our next one in March. BTW, the weather in Nassau was horrible that day.

We didn't go into Nassau, but I remember the rain. We were leaving the pool area to get ready for Palo brunch, so the rain didn't hinder our plans, sorry if it hampered yours. Our cabana host told us that the double dip cruise before ours it rained (heavily) on both of the Castaway Cay days, that would have been the worst.

EOD K9

We didn't go into Nassau, but I remember the rain. We were leaving the pool area to get ready for Palo brunch, so the rain didn't hinder our plans, sorry if it hampered yours. Our cabana host told us that the double dip cruise before ours it rained (heavily) on both of the Castaway Cay days, that would have been the worst.
We stayed on the ship as well. I'm just glad we had good CC days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom