Cabana Bay Hollywood Way Overpass Underway

Scuttle

Original Poster
image.jpg

disneyflush

If someone has booked Cabana Bay for July and it doesn't get completed in time is there any announcement on what will happen outside of just flat cancelling the reservations?

draybook

So is this a walkway or an actual vehicle overpass? We're thinking mighty hard about staying here in September and this would be the icing on the cake!

Mike C

There's a drawing online about it from the designers, it's a "Garden Bridge" http://www.greenroofs.com/projects/pview.php?id=1604

What confuses me is that in the photo above in Scuttle's post, it looks like that column or whatever it is shows up in the middle of adventure way (which is the spur that goes to I-4) and not Hollywood Way, which runs from turkey lake Rd. to the main Parking Garage. Shouldn't the bridge construction be in the middle of Hollywood Way? That is somewhat confusing. But, I did notice the big overhead directional signs (that pointed your way to parking and the other resorts) they had there are down, also.

This is the street view shot from a few years ago https://www.google.com/maps/@28.468...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sJnpgkQaeBn5U-YndrRorOw!2e0

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

There's a drawing online about it from the designers, it's a "Garden Bridge" http://www.greenroofs.com/projects/pview.php?id=1604

What confuses me is that in the photo above in Scuttle's post, it looks like that column or whatever it is shows up in the middle of adventure way (which is the spur that goes to I-4) and not Hollywood Way, which runs from turkey lake Rd. to the main Parking Garage. Shouldn't the bridge construction be in the middle of Hollywood Way? That is somewhat confusing. But, I did notice the big directional signs they had there are down, also.

Wow! Thank you for posting I was just about to ask if there was any visual plans so I could get a better grasp on what they are going for!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
While Universal may have an idea of wen they would the bridge opening, I imagine that decision is more in the hands of the city since they are footing the bill.
I knew Disney had that kind of pull. Didn't know Uni could pull it off. Good for them.

lazyboy97o

I knew Disney had that kind of pull. Didn't know Uni could pull it off. Good for them.
My understanding is that it is being paid with taxes collected directly from the Universal Orlando Resort. Back when they expanded into a Resort, the city paid for the Interstate improvements. In order to repay the bonds taken out for these improvements, an additional tax is levied at Universal Orlando Resort. Instead of paying off the bonds early, surplus funds can be used for anything. There has been a surplus nearly every year so some of that surplus is being used for this project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom