C.B. or C.S?

LilMommyBug

Hi everyone. Sorry if this has already been asked, But I looked & Didn't see it. We are going to WDW in May & We have already made our reservations at Coronado Springs. But after looking online, I've read alot of negative feedback. So which one is better, Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach? Thanks! :p

Pioneer Hall

Both resorts are very nice. But they are both also VERY LARGE!! I would stay at CS because of the pool (very nice and a great slide). But make sure you request a room by the front (near the main buildings). The only thing I don't like about CS is how they charge you extra for gratuity at the food court.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We like CS much better then CB. I found CB disapointing comparied to other mod resorts. When we were there around 5 years ago it was starting to show it's age (CB is the oldest mod resort) But maybe they have renovated it by now.

The thing about CS I didn't like was the fact it was a convention center and the resort was full of people attending convetions instead of being on vaction at Disney. This does have a plus side to it. Less people on the busses to the parks and less screaming children. (Don't get me wrong I like kids, but some peoples kids!!! I think you know what I mean.)

Upvote 0

Brett

I tend to lean towards Caribbean Beach before Coronado Springs. I think I like the theming of a caribbean resort more, but both are fantastic to stay at.

Upvote 0

danesporty

I would take CB I have stayed there over 20 times and still love it. It has such good theming. Its great allthough CS is good to. I have stayed there to but would take CB any time.

danesporty
have a disney day.:)

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

I have stayed at both resorts and i would definetly choose cs over cb. We stayed at cs last year and loved it, tho it is a convention hall so there are alot of business people around. We stayed at cb 4 years ago and found it to be outdated and not as well kept up. we have also stayed at the as several times and i would choose them over cb. In 2 weeks we are going and are staying at the AKL and i can't wait.

Upvote 0

Coronado

My user ID gives away my favorite place to stay.....After having lived in the great southwest, this resort makes me feel at home. It is new enough that it has not started to deteriorate....The pool and the spa are far enough apart....I like the idea of staying on the back side of the resort....There is a very nice adults pool in the middle....We do not eat at the restaurant...except the times that I have gone to conventions/meetings on the companies dime. McDonalds is only short dirve up the street for carry out breakfast..The biggie reason I like Coronado Springs is the fact that it is in the park and not IN the park.....

Upvote 0

Bongo

CS all the way

I stayed at the CS at least 3 times. Each time I was delighted. The place is like the country close to the city. It's very quiet and very beautiful. The pools are nice, the restaurant Pepper Market is quite charming, Mayan Grill is an upscale restaurant and the shop is also great.

What I enjoyed the most at CS is their numerous displays of water fountains... It doesn't really score big points with kids but for adults there are wonderful fountains everywhere throughout the resort.

We've visited all other moderate and stayed at both Port Orleans, and I prefer CS over all of them.

:animwink:

I certainly recommend it.

Have a Disney day!

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

I'm a bit biased since I have never been to CS, much less stayed there. I actually like CB quite a bit. The theming is great and the whole resorts has a great atmosphere to it. I love the island theming and the rooms as well. The food court is excellent and the outdoor activities is equally as good.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

If you like a Mexican/SW American theme, great pool, awesome transportation and realxing atmosphere, CSR may be for you.

Check out my info page below

Good luck deciding!!

Upvote 0

krazyjon

I've never been to CB, but CS is very nice. The rooms and lobby are nicely themed, and the transportation is very quick and smooth. The staff is friendly, and our room was impeccable. It is very large, so you may have a LONG walk from your room to the lobby/restraunt area.
Our one complaint is the food. The selection just isn't that great, the prices are higher than some of the other resorts, and it just wasn't very good. My wife and I were tempted to take a bus to another resort just to find a nice/affordable selection for dinner. We chose to eat fish and chips at England before going back to the hotel.
Given a choice between the moderates, Dixie landings (aka Port Orleans Riverside) rules!

Upvote 0

SykedOwt

There are goods and bads to both,
Caribean Beach + : Great Theming, Nice Main Area (Food Court, Etc) A T.V. in the food court where you can have kids (If you've got any) watch T.V. and keeps them entertained.
- : Food Court isn't set up all that well, you have to go to different places and pay at different places if you want different food, Almost Too large, Many stops for the Bus is never good (The majority of your trip is spent just going around to stops, after your out of the resort area though its quick to just about every park.

Coranado Springs + : Very New, Nice Pool, Clean (but what there isn't) Good Atmosphere, Substantially Less Bus Stops
- : I've Heard something about some sort of Bad Food they Serve At C.S. although I never Tried it, And that's all I can Really Think of.

Hopefully That will Help You out a Little Bit

Upvote 0

tommy112973

I personally like the CB resort, i have styed there 2 times, going back for a third in april. They have recently renovated the rooms, so all the old showing has completly been removed....it has beaches and those nice comfy hammocks to relax in after a long day at the parks....i could be acting biased...but CB RESORT RULES!!!!

Disney world here we come....
31 days and counting!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom