Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Kman101

Maybe he was but maybe he wasn't lol. I can see it being looked at and potentially on the chopping block. Unfortunately. It hasn't really been debunked by any other insiders.

misterID

Don't make me defend him.

BUT... other insiders did say that a retheme of the Tiki room was on the table. The difference was they didn't do so in a hair-on-fire rabble-rousing manner. They also emphasized there were various options including do nothing.
Things always come up that delay plans.... "Soon" in these parts has a whole lot of varying connotations.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Things always come up that delay plans.... "Soon" in these parts has a whole lot of varying connotations.

Yes, it depends... The rumored Epcot spine refurb was supposed to be Phase I, but now, won't be for a few years. The GMR replacement with Mickey was supposed to be Phase III, but will begin in a few months.

Things change quickly and without warning.

Otterhead

The Marvel area will be located behind the Guardians attraction.
That's very debatable; other rumors have the entire area leading up to the Guardians attraction as the soon-to-be-developed Marvel area. Personally I think the new attraction looks exactly like it should.

October82

That's very debatable; other rumors have the entire area leading up to the Guardians attraction as the soon-to-be-developed Marvel area. Personally I think the new attraction looks exactly like it should.

It's been several months since there was any credible indication that expansion would take place in the "backlot" area. Viral marketing associated with the launch of Mission: Breakout strongly suggest that expansion will be on the adjacent pad. Even if the expansion takes place on the backlot, the design of the backlot makes it difficult to do something substantial.

There's really no argument that can be made against the notion that GotG is out of place where it is. Doesn't mean that one can't think highly of it on its own.

Haymarket2008

@marni1971 So in response to discussion in a previous thread, will the Tiki Room largely remain as is but with added elements of a new IP? Something along the lines of Under New Management? I'm assuming the most relevant option is Moana.

MuteSuperstar

Hopefully the Tikis remain. The below is not a hysterical overreaction to something that may not even happen but aladdin2007's comment got me thinking.

We need to face it folks, the majority audience for these parks has changed. Meet N Greets, selfies 'n' screens and 5 minute-or-less rides are what these people want. The epic omnimover days are long long gone. And sadly, if not now, eventually so will go the Tiki Room, CoP, etc. I can get angry about it all I want, or I can finally resign myself to the fact that a place I loved more than any in the world is changing in too many significant ways that are important to me past a point of no return. I do plan on at least going back within the next few years and see the new stuff, but going every year seems absurd to me now. Which is sad in itself because I used to be the one rolling my eyes and getting annoyed at friends who gave me the "you're going again?!?" routine. Back then, I felt justified in thinking "they just don't get it"....if it were happening now I'd be more like "you know, you have a point."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom