Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Otterhead

And actually matched the theme, like the Tiki Birds do in the jungle landscape of Adventureland.... but who says that matters any more?
Well, word is that that entire area of DCA is being updated into a Marvel/action/etc area rather than the sort of vaguely retro-Hollywood zone it is now. I think in just a few years the Guardians ride will fit quite well in its environment. Hopefully if anything happens to Tiki Birds it'll at least stay thematic.

October82

Well, word is that that entire area of DCA is being updated into a Marvel/action/etc area rather than the sort of vaguely retro-Hollywood zone it is now. I think in just a few years the Guardians ride will fit quite well in its environment. Hopefully if anything happens to Tiki Birds it'll at least stay thematic.

The Marvel area will be located behind the Guardians attraction. There's very little that can be done with the area in front of the attraction with the way the area was originally designed. This makes it unlikely that Guardians will fit better in DCA after the rest of the Marvel expansion than it does now. It's a very abrupt transition and that probably isn't going to change.

doctornick

I'll say it. I never did buy this whole Tiki Room leaving rumor. I feel WDW1974 was just trolling us all along. Some stuff got heated with him the day before, then he starts this thread.

Other folks seemed to backup the idea that removal/replacement of the Tiki Birds has been considered, but no one that I can recall really indicated that it was definite or even likely. It's possible that the prediction of the attraction's demise might be premature at this time, though that doesn't mean it won't ever happen.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Other folks seemed to backup the idea that removal/replacement of the Tiki Birds has been considered, but no one that I can recall really indicated that it was definite or even likely. It's possible that the prediction of the attraction's demise might be premature at this time, though that doesn't mean it won't ever happen.
Phew, it's a good thing nobody overreacted then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom