1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by WDW1974, Apr 15, 2017.

1. atighe42

atighe42 Well-Known Member

Throw an Orange Bird AA in there and have the Anita Bryant song playing and that can be their added IP synergy.

2. DisneyparkFreak

DisneyparkFreak Active Member

Is this area big enough for a dark ride?

3. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

And that Orange Bird will get a pie in its face if it sings an Anita Bryant song.

4. DisneyparkFreak

The capacity issues isn't with the amount of attractions, its with the amount of people. Adding more attractions will only add more people. You have to control the flow of the people that are there and then also have a hard stop at the turnstiles. Fastpass+ is overwhelmed, you can only have so many parades, street shows, and restaurants to draw people out of line.

Kman101, Bairstow and MisterPenguin like this.
  5. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

That's why I'm not thrilled at the prospect of another magic kingdom headliner E-ticket right now. With major construction finishing up at animal kingdom and underway at MGM, drawing more people to Epcot should be their next goal to increase parity.

6. DisneyparkFreak

Exactly! I'm not completely sold on Avatar drawing crowds away from the MK long term. The demographic is different and with only one attraction that smaller kids can go on isnt enough to have an impact on attendance levels at MK. However, there will be some impact short term just on the newness and curiosity factor.

When SWL and TSL opens thats a different story. That will have a greater impact on MK crowds. If they opened the E-Ticket at the same time as SWL that would be good, but that wont happen due to marketing.

Sonconato likes this.
  7. Bairstow

Rivers of Light is the best thing that could have happened, really. The trend for years has not just been that magic kingdom is the most popular park, but that guests at the animal kingdom with hopper tickets were switching to the magic kingdom in droves after lunch. Does anyone know if this has had any effect on MK's nighttime crowding, yet?

8. atighe42

THAT is for SURE

DisneyExpert and MisterPenguin like this.
  9. Bocabear

Bocabear Well-Known Member

I'll be the first one to thow it! :)

10. atighe42

That original video is OH so satisfying.

DisneyExpert and TeriofTerror like this.
  11. Bocabear

Bocabear Well-Known Member

12. Disney-Trains

Disney-Trains Well-Known Member

In regards to the horseshoe...
    Disney let go the banjo brothers and Bob Who would have done a great job performing in the horseshoe.

Jack Diamond, the magician at Hollywood studios, performed at the saloon for years and is fully capable of perfoming a full 1-man themed magic and comedy show.

And.... You've got all the comedy warehouse cast who could throw together a great themed improv comedy show like they currently perform in California's Horseshoe.

The fact that Disney lets that venue sit empty is proof how money crazy they have gone.

thehowiet, Alice a, prberk and 10 others like this.
  13. Sonconato

Sonconato Well-Known Member

This.^^^^^^

prberk and wdrive like this.
  14. atighe42

I believe others have confirmed that the area could not fit a dark ride.

DisneyparkFreak likes this.
  15. atighe42

I hope that this gets the love it deserves for the 50th. Seeing the show, albeit in a truncated form, at the Golden Horseshoe in Disneyland was phenomenal. It's the little things.

16. Disney-Trains

Disney-Trains Well-Known Member

Seeing the Halloween show in Florida a couple years ago was amazing as well.

17. Kingtut

Kingtut Active Member

So this thread is about changing a classic low capacity attraction into most likely a meet and greet ( in my opinion what will happen) with even lower capacity in a park where everything is almost constantly crowded and the company has spent dollar amounts in the billions to come up with ways to manage capacity and we have a food service facility available that has been mostly unused ( or at least underused) for years. Yes it makes perfect Disney sense to me.

I know that I don't know everything about what goes into the management decisions of WDW but I would really love to know what drove their obvious decision to limit attraction capacity to what it currently is while avoiding building any new capacity.

Star Wars and Toy Story basically are improvements over what was in the DHS but essentially equivalent capacity. Avatar is adding to what was essentially a half day park. Together they will not address the increasing demand for WDW , in particular the Magic Kingdom. When the South American economies recover the situation will become hopeless

Just my frustration showing today - Sorry

18. Bairstow

Attraction capacity isn't useful on crowded days if you can't entice guests to actually enter the attraction.

castlecake2.0 likes this.
  19. asianway

asianway Well-Known Member

Don't worry it's coming

20. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

If it sings a Anita Bryant song it needs to be nuked from orbit

HMF likes this.