1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by WDW1974, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Lets Respect

Lets Respect Well-Known Member

I don't want Tiki to close

CanadianGordon, Goob and Ellen Ripley like this.
  2. Nj4mwc

Nj4mwc Active Member

So it was removed for being too popular?

douglasrickard likes this.
  3. Nj4mwc

Nj4mwc Active Member

The treehouse is amazing. And is a perfect example of a attraction that is simple, immersive and cheap and it always gives me an excuse to watch the movie with my kids after a trip

4. Nj4mwc

Nj4mwc Active Member

Progress would be using expansion pads to expand the park adding new attractions and not replacing

5. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member

Speculation based on the space it would be easy to make it into an enchanted times with belle theme with Moana leading an interactive show and then taking photos after. But this could be none of that.

Kman101 likes this.
  6. Jones14

Jones14 Well-Known Member

A Moana E ticket would draw guests away from Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (cough allowing for a certain coaster to go down cough), ease the strain on Jungle Cruise, add capacity, and provide a solid MK addition for the 50th if they started work next year.

Which makes this idea of Moana to the Tiki Room even more of a head scratcher.

7. V_L_Raptor

V_L_Raptor Well-Known Member

I think Disney recently C&D'ed Garner Holt for trying to do just such a thing. (The website still has a dead link to the GH store, which had more tiki-bird-like designs than the B&G macaw featured on the image.)

8. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

Thank you!

I don't want to see any of these go, but personally, I would rather see the Birds go before the Treehouse.
    Here's why-

1 is a show, watched while sitting.

The other- fantastical imagination, used while climbing and exploring.

I will never skip the treehouse, I've skipped the Tiki Room plenty of times.

jensenrick likes this.
  9. PrincessJulia1207

PrincessJulia1207 Active Member

i think it would be worth keeping if there was some sort of interactive element (like the "digital scavenger hunt" similar to "Agent P" or the non-disney "Magiquest") otherwise it's basically a museum of rooms and items that don't hold much meaning to today's visitors o_O

and if you had to only choose one that could stay, which would it be: tiki birds or the treehouse?

10. SosoDude

SosoDude Well-Known Member

I don't think this has been asked, forgive me if it has, but could the possible height balloon test in Adventureland have anything to do with this possible eviction of the tiki birds?

11. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

I will admit when I first explored the treehouse in 1999, it did not leave much an impression. So much so that I did not do it on my second and third WDW Trips in 2001 and 2004 respectively. For my fourth visit in 2008, I tried it again and as an 18 year old actually appreciated the theming and detail I didn't appreciate as a young kid.

PrincessJulia1207 likes this.
  12. TINKWINGS

TINKWINGS Well-Known Member

Would not mind Moana meet and greet, but NOT in place of Tiki.....isn't there still vacancy just over the bridge to the right where Sunshine Tree terrace place was? That would eliminate a bunch of traffic for meet and greeters right away....loads of space covered with beautiful setting. Have small gift shop selling pretty green heart of te fiti stones and jewelry....I did enjoy Moana movie but personally I don't do meet and greets and having only boys who likewise were not interested they hold no charm for me except for the helping make other guests happy and reduce my wait times.:D Barker Bird would be improvement over spitting camel.....just sayin'.;) We already have tikis that spray water right nearby:).

13. TINKWINGS

TINKWINGS Well-Known Member

BOTH....I actually watched the Swiss Family Robinson movie BECAUSE of going in the treehouse years ago....while it made it a bit more meaningful I like it because its wonderful vistas around the park admist the tropical plantings.....and what child doesn't appreciate a multi level tree house? Story or not, its fun...unless your knees rebel. I for one am thrilled it did not get the Tarzen overlay. :angelic:.

14. RobbinsDad

RobbinsDad Well-Known Member

My prognostication - the SFR movie will get a reboot version from Disney within the next decade, or the tree will be gone within the next decade.

PrincessJulia1207 and SosoDude like this.
  15. elchippo

elchippo Well-Known Member

I hate this rumor, and I did not go through all 45 pages of this thread to see if this was brought up....but if it does go away, it'll probably just be a Meet n Greet :mad:

16. jt04

jt04 Well-Known Member

I think you will see that once the other 3 parks are better equipped to carry their wait. The opening of Pandora begins the process in earnest. IMO.

17. jt04

jt04 Well-Known Member

Temporarily in all likelihood. I would guess few would not see the Skippers Cantina as an upgrade to the AV. It is a process we will likely see repeated many times. IMO.

I suspect the OP knows this. Just likes stirring the pot and sitting back to watch the chaos. Same pattern every time.

Skipper Dan likes this.
  18. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

Oh I hope not!

We just did MagiQuest for the first time the past few days... loved it. Raved about it. I think it's a brilliant game.,
    But the treehouse doesn't have the same kind of stage for it.

We spent several hours one evening at the Magic Kingdom just doing sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, absolutely loved that as well.

But attractions like the treehouse and Tom Sawyer's Island- they are good clean classic nonelectronic fun... we have to use our imagination completely.. they just said a stage, we take it from there.

Maybe I'm old, but I think kids today still enjoy some "old-fashioned" fun. They still build forts with blankets and sheets, they still play in the dirt, they still ride their bikes, and they still fly kites. They play freeze tag with their friends on recess, and they can turn any stick knife or anything else into a sword or a light saber at any moment.

For as far as we have come with technology there are some things that I think humans still enjoy, I don't think the pure use of imagination is dated, I think it's an all of us.

PrincessJulia1207 likes this.
  19. NormC

NormC Well-Known Member

Not really, People weren't actually entering the Tiki Bird Show and they were clogging up the area just to listen to the Barker's jokes.The purpose was to draw people into the show but it backfired and he became the show.

CanadianGordon and HMF like this.
  20. insert name here

insert name here Well-Known Member

I miss the barker by POTC. :(