Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And there are plenty who like it. I'd personally like to know what's replacing it before I "overreact" as some like to say. I don't like the idea of it's removal. I like the attraction. I don't necessarily have a strong nostalgic pull towards it. It's upsetting in a different way.

It'll be interesting when the day comes that they remove something others have in high regard. Will it be "trust them" and everything's just sunshine and roses and wonderful?

Nope - It will be an EPIC meltdown worthy of Veruca Salt in Willie Wonka...

jt04

Keep in mind that the temporary pixie hollow was just a place holder for The Skippers Canteen. Obviously the evolution of the MK will be a slow professional process. Especially while the focus (and limited dollars) are being directed towards upgrading the other three parks first. An absolute necessity.

Jones14

So it's been implied that Moana is likely to take the Tiki Birds' place. I think the attraction has three possibilities:

1) An Under New Management style overlay
2) Bulldoze and start over with a new show a la Hong Kong Disneyland
3) A meet and greet

I reeeeallly hope the third option doesn't come to pass.

HMF

So it's been implied that Moana is likely to take the Tiki Birds' place. I think the attraction has three possibilities:

1) An Under New Management style overlay
2) Bulldoze and start over with a new show a la Hong Kong Disneyland
3) A meet and greet

I reeeeallly hope the third option doesn't come to pass.
All of them would have the same effect on me. Seriously, it's almost gotten me to the point where I hope Disney never makes another movie if it means preserving the parks.

disneyC97

Yes there was the original ala Disneyland in '71 and a Caribbean accented bird replaced the original in 1992. The UNM revamp ended any Barker Bird

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ooooh thanks HappyHaunts for those awesome youtubes.....did not know there were two versions.....Wally Boag did the voice of original Barker bird, as he also did Jose inside and wrote the show.....so I am uncertain if there was ever one at WDW? Wally came to WDW to do his Pecos Bill routine in 1971...... Or are you referring to DL...having 2 barkers?. Barker bird removed because it messed up traffic flow? There was an earlier version with a straw hat and striped? jacket think in a different location outside of queue and perhaps that one was moved up and in to take care of clog in traffic?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ok so bowtie and hat.....
KTPBKYC_1_64_N01R2_d1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom