Bye bye Mickey soaps?

Barcoco

I made a point about this several pages back. It encourages more use of soap...which means more use of water...which does not help the environment. Mousekeeping already does a questionable job, at best. The humidity of the climate in WDW and especially in the bathrooms makes that soap, shampoo, and conditioner turn into a nasty grime/slime pretty quick. With the small bottles, this is not an issue, just throw another set in each day. But instead, we're going to add additional work for the mousekeepers, when they already can't handle the load. This is going to go well.
I've stayed in plenty of hotels with the big pumps and buildup has never been an issue. The rooms are all air conditioned so I'm not sure how the climate would affect things.
I feel like I waste more water sitting under a running shower trying to bang the last bit of shampoo out of a little bottle than using a pump.

Monorail_Orange

I've stayed in plenty of hotels with the big pumps and buildup has never been an issue. The rooms are all air conditioned so I'm not sure how the climate would affect things.
I feel like I waste more water sitting under a running shower trying to bang the last bit of shampoo out of a little bottle than using a pump.
The rooms are all air conditioned, yes. With the A/C controlled by thermostats with motion detectors so they shut it off while you're not in the room...or while you're sleeping at night. Humidity is a problem given the climate, exacerbated greatly when someone takes a hot shower and all the steam is injected into the room. Especially when the a/c is constantly shutting itself off.

If you like the pumps, then great, to each their own.

I think it's an unwise idea that's been tried by Disney, twice before, and was abandoned both times.

Sunset7132

The rooms are all air conditioned, yes. With the A/C controlled by thermostats with motion detectors so they shut it off while you're not in the room...or while you're sleeping at night. Humidity is a problem given the climate, exacerbated greatly when someone takes a hot shower and all the steam is injected into the room. Especially when the a/c is constantly shutting itself off.

If you like the pumps, then great, to each their own.

I think it's an unwise idea that's been tried by Disney, twice before, and was abandoned both times.
Ac controlled ? I have never had my ac controlled staying st Disney

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The A/C is operated by motion detection so it doesn't run when no one's in the room all day. Or as @Monorail_Orange said, when you're asleep at night. :grumpy:

I just, um, fiddle with the controls and set the fan from auto to medium...and run the ceiling fan. It's bloody Florida - at 10:00 pm last night, it was 90 degrees.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I took this over here to keep the other thread clean:
Not sure if this is old news or maybe fake news but I read somewhere online that the Disney hotels were no longer going to provide individual shampoo bottles to guests. They are planning to install larger permanent dispensors on the walls in the showers that don't have to be changed as frequently. I assume the driver is cost savings which might be OK at the value resorts but that's a tough pill to swallow at a deluxe resort that's charging deluxe prices. Any truth to this rumor?
Why would that be a "tough pill to swallow"? Presumably you'd still be able to wash your hair the same way you did before. As long as the device itself wasn't terribly ugly and they keep it clean, why is a tiny bottle better?
I've never seen a luxury hotel with shampoo dispensors on the shower wall. At the prices they charge they are competing with high end hotels and one of the things they use to differentiate themselves from a holiday inn is amenities like higher end toiletries. I guess if it's the same quality products just in a larger bottle it may not be as big a deal but I still think the perception is going to be negative.
I have heard about it at the Values and saw a picture of the dispenser at Port Orleans Riverside, which is a Moderate. I haven't heard of it at the Deluxes yet. I can see this being a cost driven measure but it isn't a big deal for me. I usually travel with my own shampoo & conditioner anyhow. Marie
Values I can maybe understand but even at the moderates it's starting to get more difficult to stomach. The prices would dictate a more upscale experience to me.

wannabeBelle

Values I can maybe understand but even at the moderates it's starting to get more difficult to stomach. The prices would dictate a more upscale experience to me.
They didn't look awful and provided they are kept clean, refilled when empty etc, they don't really bother me. Most of the ladies that had commented on this seem to like the change as with longer hair we use at least 2 of those little bottles a day, so this way we will always have the right amount for our hair. I am OK with this, but unfortunately I don't think this is going to result in a cost savings to the guest. Marie

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I took this over here to keep the other thread clean:

I've never seen a luxury hotel with shampoo dispensors on the shower wall. At the prices they charge they are competing with high end hotels and one of the things they use to differentiate themselves from a holiday inn is amenities like higher end toiletries. I guess if it's the same quality products just in a larger bottle it may not be as big a deal but I still think the perception is going to be negative.

Just a quick google search brought this up
http://readycare.com/index.php?id=2

I would think Ritz Carlton,Waldorf Astoria and The Fairmont are pretty high class to most people.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just a quick google search brought this up
http://readycare.com/index.php?id=2

I would think Ritz Carlton,Waldorf Astoria and The Fairmont are pretty high class to most people.
Where does it say on that site that those customers use the bulk dispensers? As far as I can see that company provides both individual bottles and a dispenser system.

I've stayed at Waldorf Astoria, Fairmont and Four Seasons and none had this type of system at the time. The only places I've seen using a bulk dispenser are high volume showers like at a camp ground and a local swim club.
They didn't look awful and provided they are kept clean, refilled when empty etc, they don't really bother me. Most of the ladies that had commented on this seem to like the change as with longer hair we use at least 2 of those little bottles a day, so this way we will always have the right amount for our hair. I am OK with this, but unfortunately I don't think this is going to result in a cost savings to the guest. Marie
Agreed, if they are kept clean and filled they should be adequate to get the job done.

wannabeBelle

The only places I have seen bulk dispensers like that might have been in public areas such as restrooms, which makes sense, even at higher end places. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom