Bye bye Mickey soaps?

Jedi Stitch

Last year the All star had bar soaps in bags and the cruise had bottles. Still took the unused bars home, we used them. Bringing back the Micky head bottles was nice reminder of the trip.

Incomudro

I don't mind the shampoo and conditioner but I prefer using a bar of soap,

I'm with you on that one.
This is fine for shampoo and conditioner, preferable really to those tiny little bottles.
But body/shower soap - should be bar soap.
It's just more functional.

21stamps

The deluxe resorts should offer a more premium product. We sail on Royal Caribbean a lot. Their standard rooms all have these kinds of generic products in pumps but the suites have a high-end product (L'Occtaine I believe). Disney should offer something similar. For five star prices, they should offer a five star experience and be competitive in the market.

This one I agree with. The Deluxe resorts should use something better than H2O. I'd be happy with L'Occtaine at Disney.
I know I'm in the minority on this site, but I hate H2O products, always bring my own.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
This one I agree with. The Deluxe resorts should use something better than H2O. I'd be happy with L'Occtaine at Disney.
I know I'm in the minority on this site, but I hate H2O products, always bring my own.

I bring my own, but somehow return home with more. :cautious:

The larger tubes and soaps are great for the guest bath. And I have the entire line of Disney scents.

Periodically, I clean out my supply and donate to the local shelter. Like the idea of donating to military aid organizations. Will have to see if we have one in town.

21stamps

I bring my own, but somehow return home with more. :cautious:

The larger tubes and soaps are great for the guest bath. And I have the entire line of Disney scents.

Periodically, I clean out my supply and donate to the local shelter. Like the idea of donating to military aid organizations. Will have to see if we have one in town.

That's neat! I do use the body wash at Disney, but the shampoo and conditioner feel like they dry out my hair.

Mander

In the Parks
No
How it looks to me is that you are unable to "remove" the top, looks like there is a lock on it and that they will just be replacing the bottle not refilling it. Which doesn't do much for the environment.

We had these at a hotel I worked at. They are locked so guests can't tamper with the contents of the bottle. Housekeepers unlock, clean, refill, and lock.

Monorail_Orange

I guess unless you're a Patriots fan, it's not been great the past few years....
True. But don't misunderstand me, I'm not demanding Patriots-level success year after year. I do expect quality teams that are playoff contenders, and thus hopefully make the playoffs every other year, give or take.

Getting back on topic, we actually use the small bottles and soaps provided, and will take home the unused used ones and actually use them up there. It's disappointing to see the shift away from a more personal touch with the "individual" bottles to, essentially community ones. I'm also among those who would feel the need to starting bringing their own supplies, as I don't trust Disney to actually maintain those community bottles. Very often already we have to call the front desk to request "equipment" that is supposed to already be in the room (i.e. the Pack'n'Play, the crib sheet, the pillows/bedding for the sofa bed when staying in a DVC studio). If they can't maintain the equipment that's always supposed to be in the room, how can we trust them to maintain/clean these bottles and pumps?

This says nothing of the price point for any "Disney-owned" room on property, and reasonable expectations attached thereto. I really hope this change results in exactly the same way it resulted the last two times they tried this foolishness: reversion back to the smaller bottles/bars of soap.

LAKid53

Premium Member
True. But don't misunderstand me, I'm not demanding Patriots-level success year after year. I do expect quality teams that are playoff contenders, and thus hopefully make the playoffs every other year, give or take.

Getting back on topic, we actually use the small bottles and soaps provided, and will take home the unused used ones and actually use them up there. It's disappointing to see the shift away from a more personal touch with the "individual" bottles to, essentially community ones. I'm also among those who would feel the need to starting bringing their own supplies, as I don't trust Disney to actually maintain those community bottles. Very often already we have to call the front desk to request "equipment" that is supposed to already be in the room (i.e. the Pack'n'Play, the crib sheet, the pillows/bedding for the sofa bed when staying in a DVC studio). If they can't maintain the equipment that's always supposed to be in the room, how can we trust them to maintain/clean these bottles and pumps?

This says nothing of the price point for any "Disney-owned" room on property, and reasonable expectations attached thereto. I really hope this change results in exactly the same way it resulted the last two times they tried this foolishness: reversion back to the smaller bottles/bars of soap.

The most expensive part of this equation is the HR portion...the additional time it will take a housekeeper to daily unlock, check level, refill and clean the dispenser pump. I feel for the front desk...they'll get the phone calls from upset guests who have icky dispensers. It wasn't broken...why fix it? Did Disney create this problem when they started putting the H20 spa products in all rooms and people were taking the larger tubes home?

NormC

latest

LAKid53

Premium Member
Imagine you've spent a long day at the parks... You get back to your resort room around midnight. You're hot, sticky and sweaty. You want to take a shower before hitting the sack. You step into the shower, get wet and the pump dispenser on the bottle breaks. You can't take the pump off to squeeze product out of the bottle - you can't even take the bottle out, since it's locked in. And you're dirty, dripping wet, tired...and mad. Switch this to you've come back to your room with plenty of time to clean up and change clothes before you head out to your evening ADR at Citricos....and you're left dirty and dripping wet with time ticking until your ADR. I wouldn't want to get THAT phone call.

This will happen. Imagine if you've shelled out $$$ to stay at the GF for that once in a lifetime trip. And that dispenser bolted to the wall in your room is covered in drips, the pump is clogged or it breaks. And you have to call the front desk.... Dumb move, Disney....

becca_

The only thing I ever use is the hand cream/lotion... I have way too thick & long of hair to use such a small bottle (yes I know you can get them refilled) every time I wash my hair.. plus the H2O stuff dries my hair out beyond belief. I also think Deluxes should get a step up, after all that $$ you spent to get a "5 star" experience, you should get "5 star" products in the shower.

phillip9698

It was always the small "little" things that made disney world unique. I can recall conversations coming up on how "we get to use the disney soap" or "play with the penny arcade machines at the mk train station" on our upcoming trips. Idk, just my thoughts. I bet if you requested your own soap or shampoo from the front desk they would provide. No way in heck I'm pumping shampoo from a bottle that people used before I got there.

In lots of high end hotels around the world that's how the soap and shampoo is held. I've seen them in pump dispensers, small vases, etc... It's the small disposable bottles and wrapped soap that is seen as cheap. Many people will like this change.

And if you are worried about touching something that yucky people touched before you then you should stay far away from Disney World in general.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom