Bye bye Mickey soaps?

TrojanUSC

I don't use the shampoo or conditioner or body lotions as I like my higher brands, so I won't miss them but it does seem a bit low budget however eco friendly for Disney resorts.

The deluxe resorts should offer a more premium product. We sail on Royal Caribbean a lot. Their standard rooms all have these kinds of generic products in pumps but the suites have a high-end product (L'Occtaine I believe). Disney should offer something similar. For five star prices, they should offer a five star experience and be competitive in the market.

mikenatcity1

The deluxe resorts should offer a more premium product. We sail on Royal Caribbean a lot. Their standard rooms all have these kinds of generic products in pumps but the suites have a high-end product (L'Occtaine I believe). Disney should offer something similar. For five star prices, they should offer a five star experience and be competitive in the market.

At the Disneyland resort they do- depending on the hotel, you get different soaps and even different offerings- i've received sunburn lotion and foot cream, depending on where. I love the soap from the Disneyland Hotel!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Be kind of fun to fill the shampoo bottle with RIT blue dye. Watch the following occupant leave the room looking like a smurf.

This is a terrorist's dream scenario just get on the mousekeeping staff and add a shot of cyanide or other concentratedu poison to the bottles. Low risk and allows the bad actor to get away before the trouble starts.

Sunset7132

DB253BCF-C2BA-4FB6-8A28-51CB8CBC1CD0_zpsgpmizs1m.png

My friend is staying st Coronado and saw this posted! Not sure if this will be resort wide.

I need my Mickey head soaps!!!

Sorry if this has been addressed already :(
Wow prices go up , amenities go down , POFQ instead of changing soap that we like to take home as a souvinier , GOD KNOWS we pay enough , how about some grab bars at POFQ showers during the soft refurb

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They didn't need this change to make that happen. The old containers weren't sealed.

A mousekeeper with dozens of bottles of toiletries with the caps removed would likely arouse suspicion. And smuggling toiletries out and back in relatively high risk of discovery

Now all you need is a small bottle smuggled in and you can contaminate the supplies in complete privacy

As to people using them well we have a gym and shower room at the office and dispensers, Oddly enough EVERYONE brings their own shampoo and bodywash

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
A mousekeeper with dozens of bottles of toiletries with the caps removed would likely arouse suspicion. And smuggling toiletries out and back in relatively high risk of discovery

Now all you need is a small bottle smuggled in and you can contaminate the supplies in complete privacy

As to people using them well we have a gym and shower room at the office and dispensers, Oddly enough EVERYONE brings their own shampoo and bodywash
I'm sure 'counter terrorism expert" should be added to your list of supposed expertise, but for once just stop with the b#ll#cks....

peter11435

It's still no different. You could still do what you suggest in complete privacy the old way. Nothing has changed except the size of the bottle. Each room still has an unsealed bottle just like before. If someone wanted to cause harm they could do it the same now as they could before.

beertiki

This is a terrorist's dream scenario just get on the mousekeeping staff and add a shot of cyanide or other concentratedu poison to the bottles. Low risk and allows the bad actor to get away before the trouble starts.

Seriously? Dream scenario to have a few people that might get sick in the shower? Like they will drink the shampoo? Chemical burns in the shower with running water to rinse it right off? How do you come up with this? Are you off your meds? Here's a reality check for you. If a terrorist has a quantity of cyanide, it's not going in the soap, it's going somewhere on a busy buffet.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
A few grams of cyanide and they are going to find a corpse. Yes its that deadly.

Ricin also a possibility a couple of drops in each bottle more than enough to be lethal

In both cases enough poison to do the job could be stored in an aspirin bottle hardly suspicious at all

A corrosive would be a waste of time and you would need a large amount of it as well. S
Ahhh, the wonders of the internet search engine. Will they never cease?

Mander

In the Parks
No
I worked with a lodging company in a national park. During my time there we switched from the small bottles to pretty much this exact thing. They are locked so you can't just take the entire bottle. They also get cleaned and topped off between guests.

From a front desk perspective, I liked these so much more! Way fewer calls asking for additional shampoos or body wash. They are more environmentally friendly as well- we go through fewer plastic bottles this way.

I get being disappointed by not getting to bring the little ones home anymore but I don't understand thinking it's gross. It'll be as clean as anything else in your room. I suppose it depends on how much you trust housekeeping to do their job?

Personally, I'm for this because I have too much hair and those little bottles are never enough!

Nmoody1

Firstly I'll say I'm not cool with this. It's cheap.

But, terrorism? Really? Hotels all over the world use this as a way of providing amenities. It's not premium, but you can bet it will save a tonne of cash. Calm down on the sensationalism!

As per better products - Disney cruise line concierge level has started to provide elemis products. Personally I prefer the h20 sea marine product myself. And in deluxe resort's you get extra amenities. We got foot cream, after sun, shower gel and mough wash at the grand floridian.

Club level in Shanghai also has a product different to the h20 products found in normal rooms (yes, they use h20 in Shanghai too)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom