Buying tickets in USA

JillC LI

Original Poster
Does anyone know the most cost effective way to purchase tickets here in the US for DLP? We know which date we will be there, and I read that specifying a date reduces the cost, right? My local AAA office does not have tickets for Disney outside the U.S.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Just be certain to make sure you get to the page where all ticket types are sold. The French site has been improved, but the US site still has the old structure which is anything but user-friendly.

JillC LI

Original Poster
Just be certain to make sure you get to the page where all ticket types are sold. The French site has been improved, but the US site still has the old structure which is anything but user-friendly.

I am actually having trouble with this. If I click on 1 day, 2 park ticket with date known, the only thing it offers me is the Super Magic ticket with transportation from Paris which I do not want. If I say display all ticket types, it offers:
1 Day / 1 Park SUPER MAGIC Ticket
89.00 USD 80.00 USD

1 Day / 2 Parks SUPER MAGIC Ticket
109.00 USD 101.00 USD

2- Day / 2 -Parks Ticket
189.00 USD 172.00 USD

3- Day / 2- Parks Ticket
230.00 USD 213.00 USD

4 days for the price of 3!
230.00 USD 213.00 USD

4- Day / 2- Parks Ticket
285.00 USD 258.00 USD

5 days for the price of 4!
285.00 USD 258.00 USD

Disneyland® Paris Express
1 2 Park admission + shuttle tickets
135.00 USD 109.00 USD

I don't want any of these. I want, 1 day, 2 parks, no transporation, and I can't seem to get it on the official DLP site.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
You should be able to click on the "Book" button under the 1 day/2 park SUPER MAGIC TICKET and then it will ask you how many adults/children tickets you want. Again, the US site (as well as for all other countries) is still awful - the French website is now almost identical to WDW's site, but you can only use it with a mailing/billing address in France.

The Empress Lilly

I am actually having trouble with this. If I click on 1 day, 2 park ticket with date known, the only thing it offers me is the Super Magic ticket with transportation from Paris which I do not want. If I say display all ticket types, it offers:
1 Day / 1 Park SUPER MAGIC Ticket
89.00 USD 80.00 USD

1 Day / 2 Parks SUPER MAGIC Ticket
109.00 USD 101.00 USD

I don't want any of these. I want, 1 day, 2 parks, no transporation, and I can't seem to get it on the official DLP site.
$109 for your 1 day / 2 parks? The french site offers me the same for $71.60. :eek:

Not sure if they ship to the US, but you can opt to send through email and print. The trick of the trade is to make a fake adress in France. I use Buddy O'Hare, Rue de Truffles, 750001, Paris. -_-
https://www.booktickets.disneylandp...vld=1&ecmp=n&affid=SECUTIX&tduid=32454335543R

JillC LI

Original Poster
$109 for your 1 day / 2 parks? The french site offers me the same for $71.60. :eek:

Not sure if they ship to the US, but you can opt to send through email and print. The trick of the trade is to make a fake adress in France. I use Buddy O'Hare, Rue de Truffles, 750001, Paris. -_-
https://www.booktickets.disneylandp...vld=1&ecmp=n&affid=SECUTIX&tduid=32454335543R

I would do this if I could even get it to offer me anything other than the shuttle combo ticket or the SUPERMAGIC ticket for one day. But I can't. Not sure why. I'm going to continue working on it though, and perhaps Kingdom Konsultants will be able to assist me. Thanks for letting me know the price you are coming up with though - that alone helps.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

I think you are comparing prices of different tickes - the SUPER MAGIC ticket (which is valid any day of the year) for 1 day/2 parks is USD 109 on the US site and EUR 80 on the French site - which is the equivalent to about USD 95, not 71.60. The ticket that would correspond to USD 71.60 is the MINI and has many blackout days (most weekends and all days from 4 July thru 23 August plus most French school holidays). I don't think the MINI ticket is available on the US website.

I am also not sure if it will work to use a (fake or real) address in France, as often the problem lies not in the mailing address but in the billing address attached used with the the credit card - if you are unable to change the country on the billing address, the transaction usually fails because the billing address cannot be correctly entered.

JillC LI

Original Poster
I think you are comparing prices of different tickes - the SUPER MAGIC ticket (which is valid any day of the year) for 1 day/2 parks is USD 109 on the US site and EUR 80 on the French site - which is the equivalent to about USD 95, not 71.60. The ticket that would correspond to USD 71.60 is the MINI and has many blackout days (most weekends and all days from 4 July thru 23 August plus most French school holidays). I don't think the MINI ticket is available on the US website.

What I want is the regular ticket - not SUPER and not MINI. They don't appear to offer that either on the US site.

The Empress Lilly

What I want is the regular ticket - not SUPER and not MINI. They don't appear to offer that either on the US site.
I've found a Spécial Magic ticket (1 day, 2 parks, no transport) for $83, with a free second ticket for kids under twelve thrown in. Any kids travelling with you?

Edit, wait, the other thread says you travel in July. And this offer is for spring. Have to wait for the usual summer offerings then. Or get the ticket without a free kids ticket thrown in. I can get a ticket for July, 1 day / 2 parks / no transport for $83, but I have no idea if you can see that in the US.

Last edited:

JillC LI

Original Poster
I've found a Spécial Magic ticket (1 day, 2 parks, no transport) for $83, with a free second ticket for kids under twelve thrown in. Any kids travelling with you?

Edit, wait, the other thread says you travel in July. And this offer is for spring. Have to wait for the usual summer offerings then. Or get the ticket without a free kids ticket thrown in. I can get a ticket for July, 1 day / 2 parks / no transport for $83, but I have no idea if you can see that in the US.

Thank you for trying so hard @The Empress Lilly. Unfortunately I am just not seeing those options on the US site. But I am continuing to investigate other reputable sources. We will have our two kids with us, but they will be 13 and 16 so they will count as adults.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

Yes, it looks like that is the case - they only offer the "regular" ticket on the French and UK sites; all other sites only have the SUPER ticket. That being said: it looks you can buy the "regular" ticket thru Ticketmaster - the address country is a changeable field, so you should be able to purchase with a US address. Good luck and enjoy.

JillC LI

Original Poster
Yes, it looks like that is the case - they only offer the "regular" ticket on the French and UK sites; all other sites only have the SUPER ticket. That being said: it looks you can buy the "regular" ticket thru Ticketmaster - the address country is a changeable field, so you should be able to purchase with a US address. Good luck and enjoy.

Interesting. Do you see any reason why I couldn't also purchase through the UK site? Would I have a probkem at entry if I printed it in the US?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Interesting. Do you see any reason why I couldn't also purchase through the UK site? Would I have a probkem at entry if I printed it in the US?

The problem, if there is one, will be in the billing address for your credit card. If you are unable to change the country that is hardcoded on the page, chances are the transaction will fail (at least this has been my experience on various websites when I cannot put the correct country and postal code in my billing address).

The Ticketmaster site I found was in fact the french one (with the possibility to change into English by clicking on the British flag) and from what I could see, you were able to choose the country yourself for the billing address, which normally means that you will have no problem with the purchase.

JillC LI

Original Poster
I bought the tickets today! The reason I was having problems with the official DLP site was because of my browser. With an updated browser, I was able to get the correct prices and buy the tickets I wanted for July. Yippee!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom