Buying disney stock

jeffs10

Original Poster
Hey i just have a question for everyone, i was thinking of buying stock in the disney company. I have been going there for years and figure why not invest in them. Is this a good time to by stock? Is it worth it? I think it is looks like things are looking up. any help is great im new at this

jeff

Me too

I am planning to buy some Disney stock and sitting on it while feeding it more money does anyone do this also do you think it will pay of in the end?

TURKEY

Re: Me too

Originally posted by ToTallToSlow112
I am planning to buy some Disney stock and sitting on it while feeding it more money does anyone do this also do you think it will pay of in the end?

I'd take this advice with a grain of salt. According to his profile he is 15 (born Feb. 21, 1987).

I wouldn't be in a big hurry to buy stock right now if you are looking to make money (not just to say you own Disney stock).

The stock doesn't seem like it's going to shoot up very soon. Combine that with the weak economy (mixed signals of what's going to happen), a possible war, uncertainty with Disney's board, CEO, theme park president, I would wait until some of these issues are settled. I wouldn't look at buying before the new year.

jmarc63

Some Members on the Boards would tell you no. But when investing you need to look at holding a stock for the long term.

The stock is at an all time low, from what it was. With the news comming out of shake ups and changes at Disney and the news of money finally being invested in the parks. I think the stock will not go any lower that $15.00 and stableize, possibility creap up some, the ression and the "bad blood" at disney can't last forever.

I personally see it as a good time to invest, I say this because I just Purchased stock thru the disney plan. and plan to hold it untill if it ever drops to $15.00 again long term. I have always been a long term player in the market

It's really has to be your call, remember even thou we had a nice ride thru the 90s of double digit gains, there is never any garrantee that the return will see double digits like they did then.

DanStat

Re: Re: Me too

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

I'd take this advice with a grain of salt. According to his profile he is 15 (born Feb. 21, 1987).

I wouldn't be in a big hurry to buy stock right now if you are looking to make money (not just to say you own Disney stock).

The stock doesn't seem like it's going to shoot up very soon. Combine that with the weak economy (mixed signals of what's going to happen), a possible war, uncertainty with Disney's board, CEO, theme park president, I would wait until some of these issues are settled. I wouldn't look at buying before the new year.

I'd say get it while it's cheap...it'll go up soon...maybe not like Monday or Tuesday, but sometime next year.

jeffs10

Original Poster
If i buy stock in disney i plan on keeping it for years and giving it to my kids if i ever have any, i think disney will be a strong company in the years to come, they might be slow now but after going there for the 3rd year in a row in september it was twice as crowed as i ever seen it. i plan on buying and holding it for many of years.

jeff

pheneix

Since you sound like you are going to hold Disney for the long term, by all means buy it. It will take a long time, but someday Disney will return to it's former highs. That's still a few years off though, at the very least.

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Better Investments Abound!

While I agree with the idea that you should buy stock (including Disney) when it is low with the idea that it will, over time, increase in value, now is not the time to buy ANY stock. The first quarter of 2000 was the last time to hold any stock. Certainly a bull market will return but it may take 10 or 15 years. I can't predict the future but current economic indicators do not reflect equities as a wise investment now. All your money should be in cash reserves until the market rebounds. However, as I said, that could take 10, 15 or even 20 years. I still have a few "fun" shares of Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom