Busy day for theme parks in Florida

DABIGCHEEZ

I fully expect for Disney to announce new benches within 24 hours. ;)
They are announcing new things... whats the matter, the new Disney Springs not doing it for ya? ;) They did just announce something new... a one price fits all pricing for resort mugs! :rolleyes:

But the pixie dust is strong... and people keep coming!

mousehockey37

With the stock price up, attendance numbers up, and projects that are "in motion", Disney doesn't need to do anything. Does that mean they shouldn't? No.

There's talk of DVC bungalows at the WL. There's an entire park at DHS that could use some TLC. FutureWorld could use the overhaul.... So there's room for growth, and perhaps, Disney is waiting for the "right" time (what and whenever that may be) to unleash those plans.... if they have any...

mouse_luv

Not sure this counts. Cant say anybody will be booking a trip to Disney to see the hub at Magic Kingdom

Speak for yourself. They were working on it when we were there in the Fall, and I was saying how I'm excited to see it in it's expanded state.

Also, they are working on a new restaurant where one used to be in Adventureland and also "plussing" some rides. That and some of the other renovations/add ons and then Avatarland(even though I could really care less for the latter). There's also the resorts. It's doing something. I mean, as a PP stated, it's not what "you" or someone else wants so it's considered "nothing" by those standards. Oh well.

With that said, I would like to see it like the good old days when they were building exciting new things in the parks here and there, but meh.

mousehockey37

Admittedly, I was stretching. MK is pretty much built out. I suppose you could still count all of New Fantasyland (7DMT, etc).

It is built out, but that doesn't mean that they can't re-theme or renovate (yes, all terms we hate). First two things that pop into my head are.... Tomorrowland bumper cars, I mean Speedway :p and Stitches Great Escape. Those seem to be 2 of the most complained about attractions in the MK. There have been many discussions as to why the speedway still exists and the room it occupies could be used for something or somethings else. I've never seen a line for Stitch, even in the FP+ era, it's pretty much always a walk-on which should tell someone at Disney that "hey, no one's riding this... why?" and then do something about it. I know that CoP is one of Walt's originals, but how do the lines look for that? Is it due for an update? Could something better be utilizing that space?

Not trying to blow up the thread with the last few comments, but more or less throwing out ideas that if Disney wants to "keep up with the Jones's", they may have to look at some of these things.

R W B

Not sure this counts. Cant say anybody will be booking a trip to Disney to see the hub at Magic Kingdom

Actually the new Hub is one of the reason why I want to go back when it's done. I've been 9 times, I've done all the major stuff I've wanted to do so I look for new things now, even if it is some new sidewalks and grass lol.

JohnD

It is built out, but that doesn't mean that they can't re-theme or renovate (yes, all terms we hate). First two things that pop into my head are.... Tomorrowland bumper cars, I mean Speedway :p and Stitches Great Escape. Those seem to be 2 of the most complained about attractions in the MK. There have been many discussions as to why the speedway still exists and the room it occupies could be used for something or somethings else. I've never seen a line for Stitch, even in the FP+ era, it's pretty much always a walk-on which should tell someone at Disney that "hey, no one's riding this... why?" and then do something about it. I know that CoP is one of Walt's originals, but how do the lines look for that? Is it due for an update? Could something better be utilizing that space?

Not trying to blow up the thread with the last few comments, but more or less throwing out ideas that if Disney wants to "keep up with the Jones's", they may have to look at some of these things.

Oh sure. Was just mentioning things already happening. Good suggestions. Although CoP is a Walt original. I would say keep but find a way to make it more current. Perhaps shift decades. Drop 20s. Then do, oh I don't know, 50s, 60s-70s, 80s, Today.

mousehockey37

Oh sure. Was just mentioning things already happening. Good suggestions. Although CoP is a Walt original. I would say keep but find a way to make it more current. Perhaps shift decades. Drop 20s. Then do, oh I don't know, 50s, 60s-70s, 80s, Today.

We could say the same for SSE in EPCOT. I think the last descent could use videos and such showing things from today and what's currently "looking into our future", to go along with the little touch screen game.

Bluewaves

Does anyone even remember Avatar? Or for that matter does anyone care anymore? It was a cool looking movie but I honestly can't remember what it was about other than the cool looking graphics

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Disney World doesn't seem to be having any attendance problems... In fact.. I wouldn't mind if the attendance could tone it down a bit.. At least it's not to the point of being packed in Harry Potter land's sardine can. That's not fun at all!

FigmentForver96

ri
Actually the new Hub is one of the reason why I want to go back when it's done. I've been 9 times, I've done all the major stuff I've wanted to do so I look for new things now, even if it is some new sidewalks and grass lol.
Right maybe for some of us. Most people will hear about New Fantasyland, and that could draw them to maybe book a trip. The Hub would be like the extra bonus when they got there. Especially for guest who have been before, and knew what the original was like.

NonnaT

With SeaWorld announcing the new roller coaster mako, Universal announcing Volcano Bay, and Busch Gardens announcing Cobras Curse, why is Disney once again sitting back and doing nothing? It seems like this has been the trend for the last few years. Could we foresee one day where Disney isn't the number 1 park in the state of Florida?
Nope! Disney isn't about the coasters, it's about the magic! Sparkle on!

Disneyhead'71

Speak for yourself. They were working on it when we were there in the Fall, and I was saying how I'm excited to see it in it's expanded state.

Also, they are working on a new restaurant where one used to be in Adventureland and also "plussing" some rides. That and some of the other renovations/add ons and then Avatarland(even though I could really care less for the latter). There's also the resorts. It's doing something. I mean, as a PP stated, it's not what "you" or someone else wants so it's considered "nothing" by those standards. Oh well.

With that said, I would like to see it like the good old days when they were building exciting new things in the parks here and there, but meh.
YEA!!!!!! New hub concrete!!!!! (Off to expedia to book a flight right now).

Really?

You guys know we are talking about attractions, right? You know, what normal people are looking for in amusement parks.

The last E Ticket to open anywhere on property was 9 years ago.

Saying Disney is building is like saying "Congress is hard at work solving America's problems". Sure they show up and do something.

Chef Mickey

"Discontent is the first necessity of progress."

- Edison, also in American Adventure.

That says it all...crowds up, profit up, everyone happy (except guests like me).

But it won't change until their hand is forced from a hit to the bottom line. Disney is a leader and leaders have the luxury of sitting back.

Sucks for us.

mouse_luv

YEA!!!!!! New hub concrete!!!!! (Off to expedia to book a flight right now).

Really?

You guys know we are talking about attractions, right? You know, what normal people are looking for in amusement parks.

The last E Ticket to open anywhere on property was 9 years ago.

Saying Disney is building is like saying "Congress is hard at work solving America's problems". Sure they show up and do something.

I know exactly what you are talking about, because had you read my whole post that you quoted I stated that I would love to see it like the old days again. Why don't you yell at Disney about it rather than someone trying to be positive in their post on a forum?! I am far from a pixie duster which you would realize if you read any of my other posts, but dang, you're seriously comparing American Govt to a Disney theme park?!

I was stating that I'm happy that the hub is being expanded and fixed up a bit (I will miss the Rose Garden though), because I'm not fond of almost dying trying to get through that area when I need to during the night time festivities. I never said I was solely making a trip because of a HUB refurb. I said it was a good thing though.

And perhaps, some of us aren't "all about the e-tickets" E-tickets don't make every single person/Disney addicts world go `round. Sorry to break your little E-ticket bubble there.

I appreciate the overall parks, whatever state they are in and try to look at the bright side of things while I am there because it's a hell of a lot better than being out in the "real, crappy world." Get a grip.

So if you want E-tickets Mr. Disneyhead, go to Uni. Or open your mouth to Disney. Don't go attacking me on it. Also, if I'm not mistaken, you're in the media, so you have the power to go raise a stink about it to Disney more so than any regular Joe Schmoe.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom