Busses from Art of Animation to parks

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
What is the earliest time I can get on a bus from the AoA resort to the parks? (July 17-22)

Also, how long does it normally take to get to the parks during what times?

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Buses begin operating 1.5 hours prior to park opening. From AoA you can be at any of the parks in 15-20 minutes.

Thank you! The Disney website said 45 minutes prior to opening is when the busses started.. That didn't add up to me.

ratherbeinwdw

The Disney info channel in the rooms also says 45 minutes. I thought it used to say 1.5, but maybe it always said 45 min. We never made it early enough to see if it has changed. We did make it one hour early to the stop, but a bus didn't come for 20 minutes. We assumed we had just missed a bus when we got in line. The waits for busses at AoA two weeks ago were the longest we've ever experienced there--going and coming back. The DHS busses were the only ones we didn't have to wait a long time for.
The longest waits, for us, the last few trips has always been busses from DHS to any other park.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
The Disney info channel in the rooms also says 45 minutes. I thought it used to say 1.5, but maybe it always said 45 min. We never made it early enough to see if it has changed. We did make it one hour early to the stop, but a bus didn't come for 20 minutes. We assumed we had just missed a bus when we got in line. The waits for busses at AoA two weeks ago were the longest we've ever experienced there--going and coming back. The DHS busses were the only ones we didn't have to wait a long time for.
The longest waits, for us, the last few trips has always been busses from DHS to any other park.

Well we plan on leaving at 7:45 am for Magic Kingdom to catch the welcome show... 8:00 am for EPCOT and HS... and 10:00 am for AK since it's now a full day park with still the same amount of attractions!

ratherbeinwdw

Well we plan on leaving at 7:45 am for Magic Kingdom to catch the welcome show... 8:00 am for EPCOT and HS... and 10:00 am for AK since it's now a full day park with still the same amount of attractions!
Even if there is a bus sitting there and no long line, you probably won't make rope drop. The lines to catch a bus are longest close to park opening. We had to wait for a second bus more than once for MK in the morning, especially early emh days. Several times, we got there just as the bus pulled off and had to wait. Also, even if it's there or comes quickly, you may have to wait for an ecv or wheelchair to load. I would be at the bus stop by 7:15, if you want be fairly sure to make rope drop. The lines will get longer the closer to 8 that you get there.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Even if there is a bus sitting there and no long line, you probably won't make rope drop. The lines to catch a bus are longest close to park opening. We had to wait for a second bus more than once for MK in the morning, especially early emh days. Several times, we got there just as the bus pulled off and had to wait. Also, even if it's there or comes quickly, you may have to wait for an ecv or wheelchair to load. I would be at the bus stop by 7:15, if you want be fairly sure to make rope drop. The lines will get longer the closer to 8 that you get there.

It's not an EMH day and rope drop isn't a MAJOR deal. It would just be nice... But I, and the rest of my 18/19 year old group, probably will not wake up earlier than 7:00 am to hurry up, eat breakfast and get ready to go for the day. Especially after spending a day at HS the day before! xP

Rob562

Thank you! The Disney website said 45 minutes prior to opening is when the busses started.. That didn't add up to me.

*Technically* that might be true. Park-specific buses start running 45-60 minutes before the earliest a resort Guest can get into the park (based on either regular opening or Morning EMH).

But there are also non park-specific Breakfast buses that start running around 6:30-6:45am. They don't run on set routes, but rather you get on, tell them where you need to go, and they get you there.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom