Buses

jkl2000

Ok, didn't know the bus system was for everyone. I sort of figured it would get overwhelmed with sightseers at the resorts, etc. but mainly wanted to know if we'd need to present our resort keys or something.

RonAnnArbor

Nope -- in fact, they WANT as many people to visit the resorts as possible to spend money at the restaurants and attractions...The only thing they frown on is people parking at DTD and then using the bus system to circumvent parking to go to the theme parks via the resorts, but even that they can not and do not control. No chaos -- the transportation system is so huge it can accommodate many many many people, resort or non resort...

LucyK

I did not know about the Mear buses being used during high season, call me paranoid but I would be scared if a non-Disney bus pulled at the bus stop. You learn something new everyday.

Disneykidder

I have to be honest that I have waited a long time and waited very little. I think having the transportation system is a valuable and worthwhile. With that, let's remember that Disney's transportation is free. There isn't another place where you can visit that will shuttle you to the resorts and every park/place imaginable. If the real bus haters are so concerned, rent a car. If you went to another place you'd have to rent a car, anyway, right? I'm not trying to be mean or nasty but I think the service they provide is a nice magical touch that only Disney can provide.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The increase in Strollers and Scooters has slowed down the bus system. With the new buses that also means less seats.

And we all knew this would happen when Disney jacked the prices up so high that it forces guest to look at options elsewhere. Disney shoots themselves in the foot once again. Profit on strollers and spend a fortune on new buses and bus loops.

When my kids were small the stroller rental was $5.00 for the first kid + $1 deposit which you could get back in a Disney dollar. Next kid five years later, $6 & $1 deposit. Very few guests brought their own strollers.

Gabe1

The buses are for everyone, not just resort guests thus no purpose or need for id. It would be possible for people without park tickets or resort reservations to use the bus system, and monorail too for that matter. It doesn't cause chaos.

When the World opened it was for guests and they did look at your ID for a while. If you wanted to use the transportation you could purchase and all day transportation card for a nominal fee.

Computer Magic

And we all knew this would happen when Disney jacked the prices up so high that it forces guest to look at options elsewhere. Disney shoots themselves in the foot once again. Profit on strollers and spend a fortune on new buses and bus loops.

When my kids were small the stroller rental was $5.00 for the first kid + $1 deposit which you could get back in a Disney dollar. Next kid five years later, $6 & $1 deposit. Very few guests brought their own strollers.
Good point. It would be easier if the child got the stroller at the park for everyone. Even if stroller drop off was near the bus stop like a shopping cart. Maybe even pick up a stroller at the resort when you depart.

Gabe1

Good point. It would be easier if the child got the stroller at the park for everyone. Even if stroller drop off was near the bus stop like a shopping cart. Maybe even pick up a stroller at the resort when you depart.

Good point. Epcot they could easily use the vacant school group building. Only problem there is guests darting off with them into the parking lots.

My kids are 21 and 26. We did Disney since they were infants. The worst we ever brought to the parks was an umbrella stroller on the buses, it is hard lugging a sleeping kid. The umbrella stroller fit between us on the buses in the twin seats and on the long seats fit up against the pole, they did not take extra space. We would rent a stroller inside the park and they would check the umbrella stroller and Disney gave it back when we returned their stroller. Done.

Greed got in the way of Disney's master transportation plan with the over the top prices for carts and strollers. The bus drivers and guests are dealing with the fallout because the Dips at the top saw a way to gouge families with small children, $36 and $50 to rent strollers and carts per day is the reason guests went offsight to rent or bring their own. And now the bellhops and luggage storage CMs have to deal with that. Between bus delays, bigger buses and new loops along additional CM handling likely doesn't offset the rentals prices.

Wanta bet the rental Management never consulted the transportation Management? This whole thing reads like the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom