Buses @AK Kidani Village

ty17

Original Poster
Just how bad are they? Same as any other resort? If so, some of the reviews are a complete fabrication. Thanks in advance.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Never stayed there, but we took the busses through Kidani to Jambo House coming from Hollywood Studios / Blizzard Beach and had no issues (though, it is a long run!).

If I were staying at Kidani, I could see proximity to the bus stops as being an issue, especially if on a remote part of the hotel, but otherwise, no different than busses anywhere else on property ( except, as I noted, most places are a rather long haul...but not unreasonable.

disneyfan1995

The buses there aren't too horrible. It's not too bad of a run but it stops at Kidani Village first and then stops over at Jambo House. You can get either really lucky with catching a bus back to the hotel or you can luck out. Since AKL is the farthest away from most of the parks it might be a bit of a wait for the bus (at least 15 mins probably) but it's not too bad. Definitely don't recommend staying till park closing every single night and expecting to have a peaceful bus ride back.

journ116

Just how bad are they? Same as any other resort? If so, some of the reviews are a complete fabrication. Thanks in advance.

The above posters times are fairly accurate, so do plan accordingly if you have any dining reservations in park. However, you can shave 5-10 min. off the times first thing in the morning (about 30-60 min. prior to park opening).

AK-Jambo & Kidani are my "home" resort, and I can tell you that the bus situation there varies depending on the time of year and time of day. But first, it's important to know the inter-resort routes: Park busses stop at Kidani Village first and then over to Jambo House, while the bus for DTD stops at JH and then KV. So, if you want to travel from KV to JH without walking, hop a park bus; and from JH to KV, hop a DTD bus. With all that said, the average wait time for a bus to any park can be 20 min., rarely any shorter than that, INCLUDING a bus to the AK park (even though it's only 5 min. away). It always seemed to me that more busses came for DTD, and always had minimal crowds during the day.

Now, to answer the "how bad are they" question: the timeliness of the busses there, overall, need some serious communication improvement among the drivers, the bus depot, and a CM who sometimes keeps time tallies. I have stayed at that resort in early February, March, late October, and mid-December, and although my family and I adore the atmosphere of the resorts, we loathed the transportation there. If you hop a park bus early, early in the morning, or an hour after lunch, or an hour or two before closing, crowds for the busses are manageable. And, because the park busses are shared between the resorts and typically run every 20 min., crowds can stack up...if you're staying at JH, you're more likely to stand...and if you're leaving a park at normal closing hours, getting off the bus at the "right" stop, in the dark, can be confusing if you don't know the inter-resort routes. Also, I do remember a couple of times changing our minds, while waiting for a particular park bus, as to which park to visit based on the timing between busses.

My family and I will continue to stay there when we take big family trips because we get more "bang for our buck;" so, the bus situation cannot be that bad. However, if it's just my little family and I, we prefer staying at BLT or BWV or BCV due to the proximity to our most visited parks: MK and EP.

Please keep in mind, this is just my personal experience, so please don't let it deter you from staying at one of the most beautifully themed resorts!

ty17

Original Poster
Thanks so much. We have stayed at ASMovies during thanksgiving so I know how bad they can be. However, we will have a 2 year old in tow this year. (late sept.)

dreamfinder

Buses are always a touchy subject. I always go to the bus stop thinking that whatever bus I need, will always be the last to come. And more often than not, no matter what resort I am staying at, that is the case. I've had 45+ min waits at deluxes, I've had no waits at values, and vice versa. I've found AKL to be no worse than any other resort.

dreamfinder

Yikes, I've never waited more than 30 minutes at a bus stop. 45+ sounds horrible

Yeah, it was one of those days where I needed MK, and while waiting saw 3 DTD, 2 AK, 3 Epcot, and 4 DHS. Or some other crazy number. And it actually happened when one of their bus watcher people was there and she was getting upset with dispatch not having a bus there yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom