Busch Gardens Tampa/Williamsburg News & Discussion Thread

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://screamscape.com/html/busch_gardens_tampa.htm
http://screamscape.com/html/busch_gardens_williamsburg.htm

Busch Gardens Tampa
2016 - Cobra’s Curse / New Coaster - Under Construction - (5/29/15)

According to Busch Gardens Tampa, their new Cobra’s Curse coaster will use the old King Tut’s Tomb walk-through attraction to serve as the start to the ride’s air conditioned queue… something you will appreciate on those hot Florida days. While a full POV of the coaster was not released, the park did release a teaser. (See below) They also mentioned that the section of track after the elevator lift hill at the start of the ride would have the cars locked into a forward facing position, and at a certain point following this the cars would rotate 180º backwards and go up a second lift hill. When released from this second lift hill, the cars would then go into the free-spinning mode for the rest of the ride.

As you can see in the concept art, the ride will use a series of short 2-car trains, each able to hold four riders (2 rows of 2 across), and while this ride is from Mack Rides, the cars don’t appear to look like anything like the typical Mack Spinning coasters we’ve seen used elsewhere in the world. I can only imagine that perhaps this new car design might be somewhat of a hybrid between the Mack’s individual Wild Mouse cars (like Sand Serpent) mounted to the base and wheel assembly of their Spinning Coaster cars. While the park is still holding many secrets about this ride close to the vest, I was intrigued by the mention of a specific place where the cars would rotate 180º backwards before going up a second lift of some kind. Since I haven’t been able to find any trace of a second lift in the artwork released so far, I do wonder if the park may try to create some kind of theatrical event with special effects at this moment in the ride… sort of the big reveal for whatever the “curse” actually is before spinning the riders out of control for the second half of the ride. Just something to think about… but only based on pure speculation on my part.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Busch Gardens Tampa

2016 - Cobra’s Curse / New Coaster - Under Construction - (6/22/15)
The latest construction update from the site of Cobra’s Curse can be found over at Pixels at the Parks this week. From what we see so far there has been a lot of focus on clearing out the site around the former Tut’s Tomb attraction building, which will be repurposed for the Cobra’s Curse indoor queue. Meanwhile much of the rest of the work site is still focused on ground clearing and prep for the basic infrastructure.

http://www.pixelsattheparks.com/2015/06/21/cobras-curse-at-busch-gardens-tampa-update-12/

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Busch Gardens Tampa
Howl-O-Scream 2015 - (10/5/15)
I've been send a brief review of Howl-O-Scream 2015 as seen by Hailey on opening night. While attempting to rank the haunts this year, she came up with a tie for the top spot between Circus of Superstition 3D and Death Water Bayou, claiming that they both were able to "mess with your sense as far as not knowing what was real and what wasn't." The number 2 spot would go to Zombie Mortuary, where you started off walking under a casket and progressing through a funeral church scene, full of pews of seated people who no way to know who isn't real and who is trying to kill you. You'll never know until it's too late. In the third spot they put the new Unearthed haunt, which you can get a good idea of what it is like from watching the ScreamCam video.

They also had praise for The Basement being very gory and full of effective and gross smells. Zombie Containment just wasn't her cup to tea though, too much video game action instead of anything scary they felt. Dead Fall was simply described as being "ok" and only "half scary", though she did enjoy the very creepy last half of it.

2016 - Cobra’s Curse / New Coaster - Under Construction - (10/5/15)
JohnnyUpsidedown has posted some great new pictures from the Cobra's Curse construction site, as well as getting a good look at a bunch of track and support pieces now on site.

http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/new2016bg2.html

There probably needs to be a dedicated Busch Gardens' thread (or sub-forum) now that Disney increased pricing again and how this park has now become an affordable alternative to a Disney vacation.

Although our family was not overly impressed with BG during our trip 3 weeks ago (mainly due to ride closures), it does have it's highlights and should not be missed. I would imagine this park is a favorite amongst the teenager+ crowd because most of the rides you have to be over 54" to go on. It reminds me of a cross between your local zoo and theme park - a lot of extreme thrill rides, subpar theming and animal enclosures and not very clean. We will visit again when the kids are older (and taller).

prberk

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is one of the most beautifully landscaped parks you will find. It is a first-class operation, with great rides and good theming. It also sells combo tickets (called "jump" tickets) with its neighbor, Colonial Williamsburg, which is the famously restored colonial-era capital of Virginia. And also adjacent to Kingsmill golf resort and an hour away from Virginia Beach, an hour away from civil war sites in Petersburg and Richmond, and three hours away from Washington, DC. A great vacation destination for families. In fact detractors sometimes call Colonial Williamsburg "Colonial Disneyland," because it is colonial buildings and actors yet with modern amenities like air conditioning and indoor bathrooms. LOL. www.colonialwilliamsburg.com

French Quarter

This is technically the dedicated thread for both parks, lol.

I was suggesting the dedicated threads that already exist on the other forum because I thought you would have more luck having people chime in there. I find the threads in this forUm go stale pretty quickly with a couple of exceptions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom