Bus Transportation from Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Original Poster
When we were visiting in fall 2013 there was a direct bus available from the Animal Kingdom park to Downtown Disney. I understand that this was a test phase so I am wondering if anyone knows if this is still an option?

Disneydreamer23

While I was there last year That was NOT an option that I seen at any of the parks, though I wish it was I would definitely use it!!! Not to say since 2013 it might have changed! Any one else?

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Original Poster
While I was there last year That was NOT an option that I seen at any of the parks, though I wish it was I would definitely use it!!! Not to say since 2013 it might have changed! Any one else?

As far as I noticed it was only an option from Animal Kingdom and not any of the other parks. I believe it was a trial in September and October of 2013. There was a little sign outside of the Animal Kingdom front gate advertising the option. The operating hours were 3:00pm to 1:00am.

My DH and I were visiting from October 11th to 20th 2013 and used this option twice. To spend the day in Animal Kingdom and then leave the park at close and go straight to DTD for dinner without having to go back to the resort first was a huge bonus.

I'm starting to plan our trip for October 2015 and I was really hoping that it was a successful test and it was still being offered... maybe even for the other parks as well! :rolleyes:

Rob562

You'd have to take a bus to a resort and then switch to a DD bus. The fastest option would be a resort somewhere between AK and DD, probably Pop or AoA.

If you have some extra time, taking a bus to POR or POFQ and then hopping on the boat is scenic, though a bit slower.

-Rob

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Original Poster
You'd have to take a bus to a resort and then switch to a DD bus. The fastest option would be a resort somewhere between AK and DD, probably Pop or AoA.

If you have some extra time, taking a bus to POR or POFQ and then hopping on the boat is scenic, though a bit slower.

-Rob

Definitely that's what we've done in the past to get from a park to DD... that's why we were surprised we could hop a bus from AK directly to DD on our last trip. As it doesn't seem like a very well known thing I'm going to guess that Disney did not continue it after that short test.

You're right about POR being scenic! My DH and I stayed there on our Disneymoon and loved it! It'll always be special to us. :) Being able to take a boat to DD from POR after a day at the parks was amazing! Great memories!

Thank you for your response Rob!

I know I'm a little late, but what about getting a bus to the Buena vista place (downtown Disney resort hotel - you would need to get the 'b' bus from any of the main 4parks, and get off at the last stop before the parks.) and then walking, and using the lights near the toy store with the genie on top.

The Mighty Tim

Apologies for being late to this thread, but on my last trip (September 2012), we had to make this exact journey.

We asked a CM, and he told us to take a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge, and then from there to Downtown Disney. Which we did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom