Bus Stops at DTD?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Invero said:
Buses will continue to run to the AK parking lot long after the park is closed. You will never be stranded by Disney.
Good to know. I never thought Disney would leave any one stranded. Not to mention the bus drivers at Disney are some of the coolest cast members at WDW. Just out of curiosity how often to people need to get back to AK at 10:00 pm or so after leaving MK or EPCOT?

disneyfamily

I was there 12/11/04 and the bus didn't stop at Westside. It stopped at the Marketplace, Pleasure Island, and Typhoon Lagoon. By the way, why is the bus stop for Pleasure Island so dang far from the place. That's like a marathon walk when you have your drunk on! :D

Invero

Master Yoda said:
Good to know. I never thought Disney would leave any one stranded. Not to mention the bus drivers at Disney are some of the coolest cast members at WDW. Just out of curiosity how often to people need to get back to AK at 10:00 pm or so after leaving MK or EPCOT?
Not often, but it does happen. When we see someone waiting at the AK park stop, the AKL bus will stop in there and take them over.

Invero

disneyfamily said:
I was there 12/11/04 and the bus didn't stop at Westside. It stopped at the Marketplace, Pleasure Island, and Typhoon Lagoon. By the way, why is the bus stop for Pleasure Island so dang far from the place. That's like a marathon walk when you have your drunk on! :D
The bus stop is right in front of Planet Hollywood, which is right in the middle of both the main entrances to Pleasure Island. It's also right next to the entrance to the West Side which it also services. I've never found it far to walk, but then again, I'd imagine when you've had a few, anything further than the bus pulling up to the elevator at Manniquinn's would be far :)

disneyfamily

Invero said:
The bus stop is right in front of Planet Hollywood, which is right in the middle of both the main entrances to Pleasure Island. It's also right next to the entrance to the West Side which it also services. I've never found it far to walk, but then again, I'd imagine when you've had a few, anything further than the bus pulling up to the elevator at Manniquinn's would be far :)

Amen to that brother.

M. Racer

Original Poster
KilleriMac17 said:
when I went in 2001 they had buses to the parks, but last year they didnt, I heard the reasoning behind this was people were parking at DTD so they wouldnt have to pay to park at the parks, and then just using dinsey transportation(which technically is for resort guests only, but not usually enforced) so they had free parking and rides. so, this way with no more park buses, people can only to to a resort(and from there get a park bus, but most people wouldnt bother). :p
I thought the Disney transportation was not only for Disney property guests, but ALSO for people with park hopper passes(I hope they're still good!)

Invero

Disney Resort Transportation is just like parking at the resorts. It's for those staying at the resort, or dining there. Like I said before, clogging the DTD parking lot to avoid paying the parking fee is frowned upon.

M. Racer

Original Poster
Anyway, thanks for all of your inputs. I wasn't trying to save 8 bucks(if I was I wouldn't be at DISNEY in the first place) as much as finding the most convenient way to get around since we have 9pm Cirque tkts so we'll end up at DTD anyway. The less I drive, the more I can drink during the day(if we ever get the heck out of MK, that is.)

Invero

One bit of timesaving advice... for Cirque, the best parking lot is the entrance at the Typhoon Lagoon light. It's usually fairly empty, and easy to get in/out of. Best of all, it's right next to Cirque. :)

Laura

Premium Member
M. Racer said:
Anyway, thanks for all of your inputs. I wasn't trying to save 8 bucks(if I was I wouldn't be at DISNEY in the first place) as much as finding the most convenient way to get around since we have 9pm Cirque tkts so we'll end up at DTD anyway. The less I drive, the more I can drink during the day(if we ever get the heck out of MK, that is.)

If you're planning to hop around a lot that day you might end up wasting hours waiting for busses. It could be faster to just drive yourself. Especially when you try to get back to DTD. My husband and I once had to get from the Magic Kingdom to DTD and it took us about 2 hours. We had to take the monorail to a resort (we chose the Polynesian) and then we sat there for a good 30-45 minutes waiting for a bus. Between all the different types of transportation it ended up being more hassle than it was worth. But we didn't have a choice that time because we didn't have a car on that trip. Our last trip we had our own transportation and it was much more convenient!

Piebald

When me and my girlfriend went, her parents didn't want to go to the parks so they decided to drop us off. We were staying off-site so I told them to drop us off at DTD and I figured we'd take a bus to MK. Unfortunately like Tyler said, this is frowned upon (but at least they knew we weren't trying to be cheap and not pay for parking or anything). We ended up walking over to the Grovesnor and taking the bus from there. The only problem with doing that is that since they dont run continuously like Disney buses do, you might have to wait a little longer for the bus to leave or arrive since they wait as much as they can to pick as many people up. Its worth a shot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom