Bus Routes and Travel Times?

Raychul

Original Poster
I have a weird question, does anyone know the bus routes and travel times for the buses around WDW?

The reason I ask is I am trying to find out how long it will take me to get from my hotel (All Star Movies) to each of the four parks, that way I can plan when I need to be up and out of the hotel by so I can get to each park on time. Any help? :wave:

3 MORE DAYS TO GO! :sohappy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is a travel time guide floating around which I am sure someone will link to it shortly. However, the buses can be notoriously inconsistent and travel times can vary widely. That being said it is a good idea to allow 1 hour of travel time anywhere on property when using Disney transportation. That hour will give you a buffer for waiting for the bus, multiple stops, traffic or any thing else that might hold you up.

DisneyJoe

The reason I ask is I am trying to find out how long it will take me to get from my hotel (All Star Movies) to each of the four parks, that way I can plan when I need to be up and out of the hotel by so I can get to each park on time. Any help?

Transportation Wizard
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

Always allow 40-60 minutes and more, depending on time of day.

Much depends on your starting point and where you are going. WDW property is very large and the parks are somewhat spread out.

There usually isn't transportation from park to park or resort to resort, so you may need to take 2 forms of transportation - but there are exceptions. Disney will usually tell you to transfer at Downtown Disney, but this is almost always the longest way. Try using the nearest park or resort as a transfer point before using DTD.

You will get a transportation guide at checkin.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Transportation Wizard
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

Always allow 40-60 minutes and more, depending on time of day.

Much depends on your starting point and where you are going. WDW property is very large and the parks are somewhat spread out.

There usually isn't transportation from park to park or resort to resort, so you may need to take 2 forms of transportation - but there are exceptions. Disney will usually tell you to transfer at Downtown Disney, but this is almost always the longest way. Try using the nearest park or resort as a transfer point before using DTD.

You will get a transportation guide at checkin.
This is very true. Never use DTD as a hub as it is basically on the far corner of property. Also depending on the time of day the buses will take the back way to get in which takes them behind OKW and SSR. You fell like you are going to DTD by way of Tampa.

DHS it a good spot to get to the Epcot resorts, and CBR
MK works well for The monorail resorts FW , WL, OKW, PORS and POFQ
DTD is good for SSR but it involves a walk from DTD
AK is great for AKL, CS and the All stars.

s8film40

You should also consider renting a car, it generally takes about 10 - 15 minutes to get to any of the parks by car. If your trying to maximize your time in the parks a rental car can be a great investment, over a normal vacation you can easily spend a day or more worth of time on the bus system.

s8film40

That's fine if you're staying in a central location - but ASM to MK is not going to be a 15 trip

It's 4.0 miles from the All Star resort to Magic Kingdom, exact driving time is 9 minutes. Yes you right it's not centrally located so all most all other destinations would be shorter.

EmOhYouEssE

Keep in mind also, the busses no longer run from DTD to any of the parks. If you try to use DTD as a transfer place, you will have to go to another resort before transferring to a park bus.

They stopped running busses from DTD directly to the parks a few years ago when people got the idea that they could park there for free and ride the busses to the parks, so the big D nipped it in the bud.

Em

CAPTAIN HOOK

It's 4.0 miles from the All Star resort to Magic Kingdom, exact driving time is 9 minutes. Yes you right it's not centrally located so all most all other destinations would be shorter.

According to The Unofficial Guide bus times from ASM - MK average 29mins, that journey is longer by car taking on average 37 mins. Don't forget - journy time by car includes stopping at the TTC, transfer from parking lot to the monorail and then the monorail journey,

CAPTAIN HOOK

The reason I ask is I am trying to find out how long it will take me to get from my hotel (All Star Movies) to each of the four parks, that way I can plan when I need to be up and out of the hotel by so I can get to each park on time. Any help?

Average journey times from ASM >

MK = 29 mins by Disney Transport, 37 mins by car

EPCOT = 36 x Disney Transport, 18 x car

DHS = 30 x Disney Transport, 16 x car

AK = 32 x Disney Transport, 11 x car

CleveRocks

Keep in mind that the quoted travel times include WAITING TIME, the amount of time you are standing at the bus stop waiting for the bus to arrive. The quoted time is not the time from walking on the bus to walking off the bus.

So, for instance, if you happen to arrive at the bus stop one minute before the bus pulls up, your travel time will be much shorter than the reported average.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom