Bus and Boat Drivers

toasty

Original Poster
OK, so it is well known in the Disney community that not only are bus and boat drivers not a reliable source of information, they are also prone to just stone cold making stuff up. I've heard numerous yarns myself, and it is so prevalent that it is a running joke on forums like this. Moreover, it seems to be exclusive to transportation CMs -- you never really hear about hotel folks, or ride operators, telling these stories.

Question is this -- do you think Disney is aware of this, or even encouraging of it? The tales they have to tell are always fascinating and, if I didn't know any better, would have me excited about the things coming down the pike. To the uninitiated, they have some credibility, but in the wholly unlikely event that Disney were ever called out on it, it's very easily dismissed, since it's not press release or anything, just the speculative musings of a cast member.

I for some reason have this vision of a bus driver getting hired, and during training, they are told, "OK, in addition to knowing the routes, we're going to need you to just make some sh-- up and blather on about it from time to time." :D

Nick Wilde

OK, so it is well known in the Disney community that not only are bus and boat drivers not a reliable source of information, they are also prone to just stone cold making stuff up. I've heard numerous yarns myself, and it is so prevalent that it is a running joke on forums like this. Moreover, it seems to be exclusive to transportation CMs -- you never really hear about hotel folks, or ride operators, telling these stories.

Question is this -- do you think Disney is aware of this, or even encouraging of it? The tales they have to tell are always fascinating and, if I didn't know any better, would have me excited about the things coming down the pike. To the uninitiated, they have some credibility, but in the wholly unlikely event that Disney were ever called out on it, it's very easily dismissed, since it's not press release or anything, just the speculative musings of a cast member.

I for some reason have this vision of a bus driver getting hired, and during training, they are told, "OK, in addition to knowing the routes, we're going to need you to just make some sh-- up and blather on about it from time to time." :D
I'd want to do that. Say to people on the bus, "Ya know, they're making the Haunted Mansion into the fizzy soda room from Willy Wonka, and you'll drink some soda and FLY away! It'll be great!," or, "They're tearing down the teacups to put in a hoverboard skate park! You'll get your own hoverboard to take home for free too!" See the great reactions.:D:D:D

EOD K9

I'd want to do that. Say to people on the bus, "Ya know, they're making the Haunted Mansion into the fizzy soda room from Willy Wonka, and you'll drink some soda and FLY away! It'll be great!," or, "They're tearing down the teacups to put in a hoverboard skate park! You'll get your own hoverboard to take home for free too!" See the great reactions.:D:D:D
Lets be realistic, they would charge a nominal fee to take home the hoverboard. As soon as they said it was free I would have called shenanigans.

Nick Wilde

Lets be realistic, they would charge a nominal fee to take home the hoverboard. As soon as they said it was free I would have called shenanigans.
People will believe anything. P.S. I heard you can charge your iPhone in the microwave now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom