Build-A-Bear & RideMakerz Closing at Downtown Disney for New Dining

Phroobar

DTD needs a classic 80's arcade called Flynn's. Imagine it packed with hundreds of vintage cabinets and 80's rock music and neon everywhere! They could employ some of those ElecTronica go-go dancers. The upper level could have air hockey tables and maybe a some old DisneyQuest games or even better just pinball!

fae003003LARGE.jpg

DCA-ElecTRONica-2010-243.jpg

image0a.jpg

jmuboy

It's a bit of a catch 22...it's often very tough to get into any restaurant during peak dining times without waiting an hour or more so they can clearly accommodate more dining. That being said, they seem to be removing two relatively popular, very family friendly shopping locations/experiences. We did Build a Bear two or three times with our daughters when they were younger, was always a fun experience for them. If I had a son, I can guarantee you he and I would have been in RideMakerz building remote control cars on more than one occasion.
Could a new build a bear go in Disney Studio 365

Curious Constance

DTD needs a classic 80's arcade called Flynn's. Imagine it packed with hundreds of vintage cabinets and 80's rock music and neon everywhere! They could employ some of those ElecTronica go-go dancers. The upper level could have air hockey tables and maybe a some old DisneyQuest games or even better just pinball!

fae003003LARGE.jpg

image0a.jpg
That looks like my worst nightmare. And my wallets too.

Monorail_Orange

I know it's unlikely, but you can color me among those that hopes that Disney will offer BABW a new location within DTD for both of these stores. My kids actually loved doing both of these.

jmuboy

I know it's unlikely, but you can color me among those that hopes that Disney will offer BABW a new location within DTD for both of these stores. My kids actually loved doing both of these.
It's hard for Disney to find retailers Defoe DTD especially ones that are profitable. Why would they not try and relocate them?

Figments Friend

fae003003LARGE.jpg

image0a.jpg

Oh hell YES!!
Get off your duff Disney, and let this please happen!

Talk about a 'mint of money' to be made....I can think of a few hundred thousand people that would love to get their geek on in this den of retroness.

By all the Tiki Gods, it will be beautiful.

-

Rylin

fae003003LARGE.jpg

image0a.jpg

This would be a dream come true!

D.Silentu

Flynn's for the win! In Los Angeles there is a bar called 1982 that is a full arcade of vintage games, featuring a dj that spins only 80's hits. They've even rigged up a projector to feature players with the highest scores. The whole thing is a total blast and exactly the kind of experience Downtown Disney needs!

NobodyElse

fae003003LARGE.jpg

image0a.jpg

Maybe they should find a place to build a below water level arcade.
Marina-1991.jpg

NobodyElse

Flynn's for the win! In Los Angeles there is a bar called 1982 that is a full arcade of vintage games, featuring a dj that spins only 80's hits. They've even rigged up a projector to feature players with the highest scores. The whole thing is a total blast and exactly the kind of experience Downtown Disney needs!

Years ago (but not 30 years ago) I stopped by this place in Fullerton:
Reagan Years Arcade.

Similar idea.

jmuboy

There are lots of great ideas in this thread. A retro Flynn arcade and a new home for Build a Bear are great ideas that certainly have money maker potential. The idea of a nice Asian restaurant coming to the current Ride Makerz or Build a Bear location would be fantastic for some food diversity. And for me I have always wanted a year round Holiday shop and a replica or the Marketplace Co-Op from WDW on the west coast.

The question is certainly location. There is space between Tortilla Joes and Splitzville. A multi-story building with the Anaheim Police on level one ( below DTD grade ) and DTD retailer space on floors 2 and 3 Could work.

My other idea is remove ESPN Zone. The Mediocre menu At splitzville would fill this gap and a Flynn Arcade would fill the game gap. I think the location could easily House an arcade and a retail location.

Finally - the wide open area between ESPN and Earl of Sandwich really needs a redesign with a large focal fountain and proper entry / exit, security and egress. There is plenty of space for this if space is used effectively.

Phroobar

I don't think large corporations like Disney have figured out there is a strong retro gaming market out there. A big arcade would be perfect for that location. It gives the kids trapped at the hotels something to do while not out to dinner with their parents. Disney made a big mistake letting DisneyQuest rot and they are probably too afraid to do a big arcade again. Flynns was always packed with people during Electronica. It brought back adults memories about being a kid again and isn't that what Disney is all about?

SSG

Sounds like a burger joint is going in here:

bnhgjs.jpg

Wed, November 15, 2017
Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer Coming to Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort in 2018

Michael Ramirez, Public Relations Manager, Disney Destinations

Known for its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake™ milkshakes, Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer will open its first California location in the heart of Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort next year.

Black Tap is creating a customized concept for its Downtown Disney District location, which will feature indoor and outdoor seating. The burger and beer joint will be set in a casual atmosphere reminiscent of a classic American luncheonette, but with a distinctly New York vibe.

bnhgsd.jpg

Black Tap’s menu will include burgers ranging from the classic All-American to The Vegan Burger. In addition, their specialty “CrazyShakes” will boast whimsical and over-the-top decorations and flavors, such as The Cotton Candy Shake and The Bam Bam Shake.

Construction is scheduled to begin soon, across from Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Sounds like a burger joint is going in here:

bnhgjs.jpg

Wed, November 15, 2017
Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer Coming to Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort in 2018

Michael Ramirez, Public Relations Manager, Disney Destinations

Known for its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake™ milkshakes, Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer will open its first California location in the heart of Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort next year.

Black Tap is creating a customized concept for its Downtown Disney District location, which will feature indoor and outdoor seating. The burger and beer joint will be set in a casual atmosphere reminiscent of a classic American luncheonette, but with a distinctly New York vibe.

bnhgsd.jpg

Black Tap’s menu will include burgers ranging from the classic All-American to The Vegan Burger. In addition, their specialty “CrazyShakes” will boast whimsical and over-the-top decorations and flavors, such as The Cotton Candy Shake and The Bam Bam Shake.

Construction is scheduled to begin soon, across from Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar.
Interesting choice. All their other locations appear to be in NY.

I'm for it. Would have also liked seeing a sushi place, but I guess we're sort of getting that in the bowling alley?

Imagine putting one of these away after a full day at the park....Instant coma.
635922923305265214933963412_305CEF7200000578-3407799-Black_Tap_Craft_Burgers_and_Beer_in_Soho_New_York_has_been_socia-a-4_1453270223021.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom